Hearts v Aberdeen 16/9/23 - Whether We Like it or Not

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

He was bad. Concerningly bad. For someone I believe we’ve paid decent money for again. 

He gave away a few fouls quickly then looked uncomfortable.  Could well just be one of those appearances that are a bit of a mare, especially as the rest of the team weren't great. But aye if you've paid a decent fee it's no great. Early doors though I guess

3 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

We were poor first half, but marginally the better team. 2nd we were miles clear. Devlin was outstanding. 

Clancy all over the place. Haring lucky not to get a 2nd yellow, but then his first was an embarrassing decision given what he let slide.

Duk got a final warning, then literally about 80 seconds later clattered a Hearts player and no yellow.

Midfield looked much better today. Delighted to see Boyce get a goal too.

Not just saying this, but that Aberdeen team looks like it has the makings of a relegation scrap outfit about it. No fight, don't look like they know their best shape, threatened nothing and they are soon to have 2 games a week to deal with. Could easily go into the winter months toiling and then once down there it's hard to get out of.

To be fair, as a Jambo you should know all the signs of relegation. 

26 minutes ago, 1GregStewart said:

To be fair, as a Jambo you should know all the signs of relegation. 

Not quite the putdown you think it is as that's what I was getting at. A team that shouldn't be in that position getting off to a horrible start and assuming you'll come good. Seen it before.

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Not quite the putdown you think it is as that's what I was getting at. A team that shouldn't be in that position getting off to a horrible start and assuming you'll come good. Seen it before.

To be honest, I’m not sure a lot of the fans are sure we will come good without change. 
This team is offering almost nothing at the moment. 

32 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Can we safely assume that Dave Cormack has stopped tweeting pictures of himself in full kit etc?

So many 'undisclosed fees' on what looks so far to be very average players.

Probably the biggest compliment those guys have ever had when it comes to football.

Pretty comfortable in the end and a decent enough performance. Got to caveat that with Aberdeen being absolutely dire though.

They've had a tough run of fixtures in the run up to the group stage, and if they don't handle the Thursday - Sunday thing their season could get out of control pretty quickly. They just don't look like a team. All the ingredients there for a relegation scrap.

For Hearts I think that, while it was much better, we need to see more to begin any talk of corners turned etc.

17 hours ago, lennyzer0 said:

It's a measure of how little Aberdeen contributed offensively to this game that Sportscene was reduced to showing an offside header from them in the highlights without mentioning that it was flagged offside.

I thought everything about them was just a shrug of the shoulders. Offered nothing. Even their fans didn't seem like they could be arsed. Usually when there's a wee allocation you get a good noise out the away fans, but there was barely a peep out of them.

Can't blame them, but it just feels like a club in total malaise.