The Two Auld Pals Derby - Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock -23/09/23

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did anyone notice Will Dennis try to fight with our groundsman at FT? Looked raging then ended up pushing Owen Beck then sprinted to the ref and was greeting about our second goal claiming he was fouled.

Amusing stuff.

I think it’s because the groundsman was hiding the goalie’s towel behind his back for some reason.

40 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Looked like Docherty helped get McInnes sent off which was pretty amusing but that looked like another non-even terribly mishandled by the officials.

It wasn’t a non-event. 

The ball was not deemed to have gone out or play. Regardless of the accuracy of that decision, the referee had to send McInnes off for interfering with play  

I’m not convinced the ball had gone out of play anyway. It was on its way, but McInnes appeared to kick it before it crossed the line. 

I’ve maybe missed something but I can’t see why anyone would think McInnes should not have been sent off - regardless of whether you think the ball was out or not. 

The ball was not called out (presumably because the officials didn’t think it was out).  McInnes therefore is assessed as having entered the field of play (his foot) and he stops the ball that has been cleared by Dundee’s defence.  That is surely a sending off.

You simply cannot have managers entering the field of play and kicking the ball whilst it is deemed to be in play whenever they feel like it. 

Edited by Shadow Play

Penalty is unbelievably harsh, but not uncommon nowadays.  It’s ridiculous that you could consider it deliberate but I can understand how the rules can make it a penalty.

Red card is so stupid I can’t even be angry, it’s just funny.  It was a little forceful, but wasn’t high, wasn’t studs, wasn’t 2 footed, wasn’t a straight leg and although it’s late, the ball is there to be won when he starts the challenge.  He was just beaten by the opponents quick touch and you see that challenge in the middle of the park in every single game.  It’s a yellow, end of.

Edited by stu2910

4 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

BBC at their very best saying McInnes “received a red card as he strayed from his technical area” 🤣

Talk about only telling half the story! 

Aye, missing the bit where he strayed from his technical area to play at left back!

9 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Unbelievable people having a go at Mulligan, never a red card in a million years, the little shit Munro totally ruined that game.

Totally agree. If that’s a red we are going to end up playing 5 a side. 
As you say, ruined the game, thank f**k we got a draw. 

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

BBC at their very best saying McInnes “received a red card as he strayed from his technical area” 🤣

Talk about only telling half the story! 

3 minutes ago, stu2910 said:

Aye, missing the bit where he strayed from his technical area to play at left back!

2-2 not a bad score considering it was 10 v 12