The Two Auld Pals Derby - Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock -23/09/23

31 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Genuinely didn't know this was a thing. Just checked and you save £16.20 doing this.

£44 Return from Dundee.

£27.80 Splitting tickets in Perth.

I both want to know and don't want to know how much I've wasted not knowing about this.

The most bizarre thing is you stay on the same train.

3 hours ago, Crawford said:

Genuinely didn't know this was a thing. Just checked and you save £16.20 doing this.

£44 Return from Dundee.

£27.80 Splitting tickets in Perth.

I both want to know and don't want to know how much I've wasted not knowing about this.

It’s being going on for years. Seems like the sort of thing a train ombudsman or whoever should be getting them telt for. 

9 hours ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Not quite as good but Paisley to Edinburgh off peak return is £21.90

Separate tickets for Paisley - Glasgow, Glasgow - Edinburgh is £19.40

Is there any way of splitting Glasgow to Edinburgh? 

I’ve always used the website splitmyfare, sometimes end up with about 10 tickets but worth it 

Need to pick up points at home and this is a good opportunity to do so. I see this being a pretty close game, with 1 goal in it. 

Is Pineda back? Either way I think Robinson needs to have a break to be honest, I'm a fan of his but it just isn't happening for him just now. 

On 20/09/2023 at 21:37, Sortmeout said:

It really is a sign of how horrendous Scotrail and the various similar transport services are. Would love someone to get the chief executive of Scotrail chinned about this.

It’s because they don’t offer day returns between Glasgow (and Edinburgh) and Dundee. The furthest north you can get on such a ticket is Perth (or Leuchars). 

Because clearly it’s impossible to have a day trip from the central belt to Dundee and beyond. I hope Killie fans have decent hotels booked for tonight. 

Edited by The Master

6 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Disappointed nobody has asked the big question so it will have to be me. 

Is Marvin coming to the game?

Bell-weather match for us. 3 points and the trajectory is all good, get humped and it’s starting to get a bit jittery. 

I just came on to ask the very important question and had a sneaky suspicion you’d beat me to it. 

I believe Bullet is on the bench for Kilmarnock. And Dayna.