The Two Auld Pals Derby - Dundee FC vs Kilmarnock -23/09/23

14 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Definitely not a red for me.  I was in the main stand and had a decent view at the time and didn’t think it was a red at the time.  In fact the most fans I. The main stand were going mad at the decision.  I’m even more convinced it wasn’t a red after seeing it in slow motion on Sportscene.  The panel were amazed it merited a red.

We will see numerous worse tackles than that throughout the season that will not result in red cards.  

To me it seemed like a deliberate foul to stop a counter attack, albeit i don’t think that was required.  The fact Mulligan had just been pushed off the ball may have made his actions appear more malicious than they were.

The more you look at it, the more ridiculous it is that he gives a red card. Then to make it worse he gets a chance of redemption by going to the screen. Laughable.

It’ll be interesting to see if our game features on Ref Watch on Sky Sports News at 11.30 on Monday morning. 

They do occasionally acknowledge that Scottish football outside the Old Firm exists, and a referee going to the monitor and not changing his mind is fairly noteworthy. 

I thought it looked slightly worse on the replays than being there but it's never a red and it should have been a booking. I think it should be appealed but I've no idea what the process is and I'm sure it wouldn't be changed anyway. Hopefully Mulligan learns not to make those fouls due to frustration because as has been said he's done that a few times now. If he was actually him just trying to commit a tactical foul to stop the counter then fair enough but it didn't seem like that to me and I can't be arsed checking again.

The McInnes incident was funny. From my view in the Bobby Cox I thought it had gone out but the linesman and ref hadn't given it so he should have waited and stayed off the pitch. His attitude towards that and the Mulligan decision has improved my view of him from neutral to decent though.

The officials were shite throughout for both teams although we got the biggest decisions against us. One that hasn't been mentioned yet is a foul I think on McCowan in the second half. It was just outside the box where someone slid through the back of him with hardly any contact on the ball or at least wiping him out first. That should have been a booking and I was about to check if the player had already been booked and the ref had shat out of it but the game restarted again first.

3 hours ago, The Master said:

Looks like the Killie fans can’t find this thread.

Anyone know how I can get it back to the top so they can see it?

No real point in discussing it. We chucked a win away. Onto the next shite game. 

On 23/09/2023 at 20:29, The Master said:

After watching Sportscene, I’m still not convinced the ball was out before McInnes kicked it. 

It was marginal but it seemed to bounce just on the edge of the line. 

IMG_5084.thumb.png.408aa5bc81bc7812fbe6e7677c77b157.png

I sit in the Coxy about in line with the edge of the box and had a very clear view of the incident. Cammy clears the ball and it definitely goes out of play before swerving back in play so can understand McInnes stopping the ball. The linesman definitely doesn't give the throw though so strictly speaking McInnes committed an offence. To be given a red card for it was frankly ridiculous but in keeping with the ref's total incompetence throughout the afternoon

16 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I sit in the Coxy about in line with the edge of the box and had a very clear view of the incident. Cammy clears the ball and it definitely goes out of play before swerving back in play so can understand McInnes stopping the ball. The linesman definitely doesn't give the throw though so strictly speaking McInnes committed an offence. To be given a red card for it was frankly ridiculous but in keeping with the ref's total incompetence throughout the afternoon

Totally in keeping with the referees reluctance to get their head out of a rule book and see common sense. Pathetic display but it won't be the last one we witness this season. 

1 hour ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Yeah, a failed one. 

Class, you'll have fun looking at all the identical challenges that get off without punishment/a yellow/successfully appealed from now on then.

See Kyle Vassell at ER last season. It honestly feels like it's every single week.