SMFC v HMFC

It's marginal and you have to hope they placed the lines and everything correctly. The length of time taken to get to that decision was unacceptable however it needs to be a quicker process. 

I know we probably lack the budget for it, but more technology to automate it has to be the way forward. 

5 minutes ago, flyingscot said:

It's marginal and you have to hope they placed the lines and everything correctly. The length of time taken to get to that decision was unacceptable however it needs to be a quicker process. 

I know we probably lack the budget for it, but more technology to automate it has to be the way forward. 

I reckon if you have to be drawing daft lines and spending ages working on what millimetre of a player's body is closest to the goal, then it's too close to call and they should stick with the onfield decision. 

I know that 'clear and obvious' doesnt apply to offsides, but I'd let the VAR watch it back a couple of times. If it's clearly offside then give it. If it's not then stick with the decision. 

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I reckon if you have to be drawing daft lines and spending ages working on what millimetre of a player's body is closest to the goal, then it's too close to call and they should stick with the onfield decision. 

I know that 'clear and obvious' doesnt apply to offsides, but I'd let the VAR watch it back a couple of times. If it's clearly offside then give it. If it's not then stick with the decision. 

To me, it should only be offside if all of the attacker is beyond the second last opponent. Surely we want more goals? 

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

To me, it should only be offside if all of the attacker is beyond the second last opponent. Surely we want more goals? 

That would certainly be easier for strikers to know if there onside. Although we could end up having the same argument, just with the line moved.

8 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

That would certainly be easier for strikers to know if there onside. Although we could end up having the same argument, just with the line moved.

Yeh, same argument with the line moved but you would think should mean more goals?

Or would it change how defences would operate?

Have to credit the two lads on the Hearts commentary yesterday. (Couldn't get the Saints one) Definitely the best away guys I have heard for a long long time. Unbiased and good analysis throughout. Called it as it happened very well. Five Stars from me.

P.S. Some of the stuff picked up from the nutters near the TV microphones is beyond cringeworthy, utterly embarassing IMO.

We are obviously famous for our Booooooing, it's become a thing for all the other Clubs but, regarding above, act your age.

54 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Or would it change how defences would operate?

Youd have less goals as teams would sit 10 yards deeper.

Wengers being trying to force it through for years so no doubt it'll happen eventually and be a complete farce.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Youd have less goals as teams would sit 10 yards deeper.

Not sure you’ve really thought that through. 

Surely if defences sat 10 yards deeper then forwards would either match them up or have more space to work with in front of them?

Anyway it’s great to have such talking points with another 3 points in the bag. 😂 

We have certainly been entertained with the team this season and plenty of talking points about the officiating. 

Onwards and upwards!

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Not sure you’ve really thought that through. 

Surely if defences sat 10 yards deeper then forwards would either match them up or have more space to work with in front of them?

Anyway it’s great to have such talking points with another 3 points in the bag. 😂 

We have certainly been entertained with the team this season and plenty of talking points about the officiating. 

Onwards and upwards!

If strikers can be onside if just their foot is level with a defender, then teams will treat it like the offside rule doesnt exist as itll be almost impossible for CBs to both watch play and the striker. Just now they can do both fairly easily for the most part.

Youd also need to have CBs who can gain at least a yard on any striker whereas now they just have to match them.

Edited by RandomGuy.

51 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

He,s becoming quite famous over the last 24 hours . Surprised he,s not been named yet . He,s going to have fun explaining his behaviour when he clocks into work .

Someone has messed about with the original pic to make this man look bad.

I managed to get a copy of the original.

photoman.JPG.b2cbb4fe5f6c20a7341dedf8217a5091.JPG