France away tickets

Broon_100

9 hours ago, Anfield 1977 said:

Right in the middle of the local hooligans then🙂

I was presuming hooligans wouldn't exactly be out in force for an international match with a nation not renowned for hooliganism (at international level), would sit at the opposite end to the away fans and would not be in the stand along the touchline.

In case I am wrong, I suspect a man and his wife wearing plain clothes, not celebrating (potential) goals and generally keeping a low profile wouldn't be their primary targets.

4 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

100% pickup so at least there should be no complaints about harvesting for a change. Pleasantly surprised about it being £28 once you include the £3 the SFA are clearly chucking on the price to pay to bring over more staff. 

£1680 x £3 = £5040, how many staff are they bringing !!!

you almost wonder what you pay your membership for, surely these costs would be included. 

It’s an absolute sickener spending hundreds of pounds on getting to these games and not being able to climb the ladder or potentially even getting in the ground in this case.

They need a rethink of the points system as it’s become a closed shop. Should at least be some recognition for ‘applying for a ticket’. To get this news three weeks before the game is a disgrace.

Bought tickets for the home end - have spent money on planes and trains and hotels, so may as well go the whole hog.

Anyone else that's done that - do the tickets get emailed to you instantly? I've got a receipt and emails to say I've bought tickets (and the money's out my bank), but no actual tickets.

I'm concerned I may have selected them to get posted (I put my address down as the hotel)

1 hour ago, Steven W said:

Bought tickets for the home end - have spent money on planes and trains and hotels, so may as well go the whole hog.

Anyone else that's done that - do the tickets get emailed to you instantly? I've got a receipt and emails to say I've bought tickets (and the money's out my bank), but no actual tickets.

I'm concerned I may have selected them to get posted (I put my address down as the hotel)

They can be downloaded from 10th October onwards

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

It’s an absolute sickener spending hundreds of pounds on getting to these games and not being able to climb the ladder or potentially even getting in the ground in this case.

They need a rethink of the points system as it’s become a closed shop. Should at least be some recognition for ‘applying for a ticket’. To get this news three weeks before the game is a disgrace.

It's hardly the SFA s fault that we got such a shite allocation. 

Why is it a closed shop?

There are loads fans don't miss any games.  They've every right to a ticket.

What do you suggest to be fairer? 

There's thousands going to Spain and most will probs be nowhere near Lille.

Picking up tickets is the only way here.

The SFA in the past have got increased allocations,maybes might negotiate here.

You might still have a chance. 🤞

I've booked flights to London and a few gigs along with Eurostar to Lille - really sick that I don't have the points. I had the chance to book both Cyprus and Spain game but not go but thought that was unfair on those that did but If I did I would have thought 15pts would be enough. 

Most annoying is I could have got to Spain or Cyprus game ffs

Edited by betting competition

A fairly shite allocation considering the size of the stadium. Is also a bit lower %wise than the 1.200 we got for Metz back in 2016.

Good to see that it is 100% pick up though. Will surely have scunnered a good few people thinking „here we go another 2 points to put us on no probs for Germany“

40 minutes ago, German Jag said:

A fairly shite allocation considering the size of the stadium. Is also a bit lower %wise than the 1.200 we got for Metz back in 2016.

Good to see that it is 100% pick up though. Will surely have scunnered a good few people thinking „here we go another 2 points to put us on no probs for Germany“

Hope they do that for Georgia as I'm going to that game

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

It's hardly the SFA s fault that we got such a shite allocation. 

Why is it a closed shop?

There are loads fans don't miss any games.  They've every right to a ticket.

What do you suggest to be fairer? 

There's thousands going to Spain and most will probs be nowhere near Lille.

Picking up tickets is the only way here.

The SFA in the past have got increased allocations,maybes might negotiate here.

You might still have a chance. 🤞

It’s not the SFA’s fault, although there’s a glass ceiling developing for those trying to get on the ladder.

Those who go every time have earned their place but some form of recognition for those who miss out would be welcome, say a member travels and didn’t have enough points, they go to the ticket pickup point and give them their SSC number and in return they get a single point. Some club sides give out a point or whatever for applying (different system I know). Could maybe have a ballot of ~10% of the tickets going to the wider membership.

I’m on 11 points, having been to all of the last 20 odd homes games and missing out on tickets for two aways out of the last ten, with another away game I got points for just dropping off. I thought a friendly would be a good chance to get in the Scotland end for an away game but it’s looking unlikely now.