Livi v Celtic

3 hours ago, MarbellaDEE said:

Could see the relief on all the Celtic fans faces at the end, glad I support Dundee and don’t have to be put through that sort of stress every weekend. Was real edge of the seat stuff in that second half as Livingston offered absolutely nothing.

Its no wonder others perceive our game as a joke when they turn on a Celtic away game and the only fans you can see on all sides of the stadium are Celtic fans. Makes for a laughable spectacle really. 

Gets us about 600K from 3 home games against the cheeks, and has helped keep us competitive enough to stay in the top flight 6 seasons, needs must.

Ideally more of Livingston and West Lothian would come along to support their local top flight club, and if they did we wouldn't need to give out 3 stands. 

Other teams have more fans than us and don't give out as many tickets though, so the rest of your post is a bit of a sweeping statement.

13 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Gets us about 600K from 3 home games against the cheeks, and has helped keep us competitive enough to stay in the top flight 6 seasons, needs must.

Ideally more of Livingston and West Lothian would come along to support their local top flight club, and if they did we wouldn't need to give out 3 stands. 

Other teams have more fans than us and don't give out as many tickets though, so the rest of your post is a bit of a sweeping statement.

It wasn’t aimed at Livi pal. Totally understand the business decision behind it, just think it says everything about the game here. 

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

Maybe it looked different in the stadium, but Sangare looked like he had his best performance for us IMO. And De Lucas looked nowhere near as comfortable in a 2.

Spot on about Nouble, Devlin and Montano. Nouble's our best player when he's on it, but he looks like he's counting down the days to the summer already. I questioned the number of CBs that we signed in the summer, but we already have too many out for us to be able to play 3 at the back. Parkes showed why he hasn't been rushed back, he didn't look fit.

But hey ho, it's Celtic, we expect to lose these. Onwards.

I spent a good amount of time watching him off the ball, his pressing is very very poor. He comes off as really lazy at times, he was just walking about the middle of the park for a lot of the game. He needs to get stuck in a lot more, if he worked on his pressing and actually kept at it we'll be onto a winner. There's talent in there but he's very very raw. This isn't the game where players that are even slightly raw will do well. 

I think we've figured out that we need a back 3 with wingbacks as cover to be defensively sound

43 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'll post this here L/F as opposed to our site.Spoke too a couple of people after the game.Reasonable sources.As has been rumoured.Prospective American investors not looking just to invest in the club,but to take over.They like what they potentially see.Only thing holding them back is these current court cases.And there's 4 potential investors.Interesting for Livi fans.🤷‍♂️.

5 hours ago, Empty It said:

And in an unexpected twist plucky underdogs Celtic overcome the refereeing conspiracy and the plastic pitch to defeat the giants Livingston.

4 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Down to 10 men and still win 3-0 away from home. Thrilling, thrilling stuff as ever. 

51 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

I'll post this here L/F as opposed to our site.Spoke too a couple of people after the game.Reasonable sources.As has been rumoured.Prospective American investors not looking just to invest in the club,but to take over.They like what they potentially see.Only thing holding them back is these current court cases.And there's 4 potential investors.Interesting for Livi fans.🤷‍♂️.

Anyone with actual cash or a more guy/group taking a punt kind?

5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Its what it is is Atlas.Believe or not.Certain individuals holding us back from major investment when these incumbents at the time had Livis best interests at heart.Bullshit.

4 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Its what it is is Atlas.Believe or not.Certain individuals holding us back from major investment when these incumbents at the time had Livis best interests at heart.Bullshit.

I think it's well known already that Hogarth and Sumner are blocking investment coming into the club. It's been talked about in the papers previously. They don't want to dilute their shares and lose value on them, we want to issues more shares so that we can sell them to investors. 

O6 have instructed people to find a buyer for their shares, there's two  major shareholders. Robert Wilson, who has just retired and left the club and Neil Hogarth who has been arrested in relation to him defrauding the club. Hogarth dragging his heels I can only imagine in retaliation. 

The Sumner issue I can only imagine is similar, she quit the board in 2014 and attributed it to an 'attack via the media from Ged Nixon on her over bonuses'. From what I've gathered she's taking the club to court to stop us diluting shares to allow for investment. 

Appreciate your info Atlis.But probably speaking on behalf of a minority but significant element of our support,small as it is,Il talk on there behalf.From what I've heard our fans are happy as such as to the way the club is been run at the moment. Many saying there not Nieve.Theres stuff happening upstairs that we as fans aren't privi to.Bur that time  will come.Then the die hards will voice and take action.

14 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Appreciate your info Atlis.But probably speaking on behalf of a minority but significant element of our support,small as it is,Il talk on there behalf.From what I've heard our fans are happy as such as to the way the club is been run at the moment. Many saying there not Nieve.Theres stuff happening upstairs that we as fans aren't privi to.Bur that time  will come.Then the die hards will voice and take action.

I'm right there with you don't worry. I don't think the fans would let anything happen to the club given the scares we've had in the past. John Ward was a blessing for the club, he came in at a massive point in the club's history and took us forward to a place we couldn't imagine. Of course a lot of credit goes to Hoppy, Holt and Martindale amongst that too. 

Helps a lot that we've got a true fan in a strong position with Dave Black as well.

2 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah we've heard all that before with Massone and his investors boasting about how much money they had, and the fucker asset stripped us, leaving a trail of debt piled onto the club, it's always a worry when folk make big promises about punting money into the club, whether it's another here we go again scenario.

Dunno what an investor would get out of buying Livi, will we ever build up a decent support, i mean we're in the top flight and having our best ever spell in our history, reached a cup final and back to back top 6 finishes, and our longest run in the top flight, how much more can a club our size do. Not owning the stadium is a big drain on finances too, it has saved our arse from liquidation from Massone when he tried to put us under, the Council stopped him as a major creditor, but it's still a drain having to pay rent on it. Would investors be able to buy the stadium i wonder. The current board have taken us as far as they can though, so some sort of investment is needed, there's still scepticism over what they're getting out of it though.

celtics PR is something else.

But defender Johnston said: “Joe’s a top-class pro, I think we all know that.

“I don’t think he had anything to apologise for. He’s the first one to put his hands up but everyone was like, ‘Shut up Joe!’.

“He’s a great guy and he’ll take it on the chin.

“The astroturf just kicked the ball back and caught him out — we’d actually discussed that as defenders.

That second half performance was poor. Martindale's subs around the hour mark were as much about squad rotation as trying to rescue a result. Good to see Bradley and Lawal getting on and both did fine.

Being unable to use 3 central defenders wrecked it for us. It could really be seen with the penalty concession. Normally there'd have been our right centre back in the exact space Hatate made his run into. Instead there was an open channel there because it was a back 4. The midfield shape was also off due to the general confusion caused by the formation change. Pittman was caught in no man's land, neither pressing McGregor nor blocking the passing lane into that channel.

Nottingham is out for a while yet so we're looking at Devlin returning to allow for the back 3 again. If Devlin has to miss the cup match midweek then fine. St Johnstone next Saturday is far more important and we need him available for it.

14 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

As I said on another thread, October is a massive month for the club. Hopefully get some positive answers/resolutions, enabling us to move on. 

The bit about “liking what they potentially see” is maddening though. It’s soundbite nonsense. I bet the Gordon’s at Hibs and Ogren at Dundee Utd saw “potential”, before they burned through millions, and for what return?

11 hours ago, bennett said:

celtics PR is something else.

But defender Johnston said: “Joe’s a top-class pro, I think we all know that.

“I don’t think he had anything to apologise for. He’s the first one to put his hands up but everyone was like, ‘Shut up Joe!’.

“He’s a great guy and he’ll take it on the chin.

“The astroturf just kicked the ball back and caught him out — we’d actually discussed that as defenders.

It's good to see the refs giving us a helping hand to galvanise the squad zippy