Dumbarton -vs- Peterhead

More importantly than Dumbarton going into administration (my mate heard it in a pub from a guy who heard it from his cousin Colin who is one of the ballboys 15th cousin #itk)is are away fans still allowed in the bar at the ground ?

7 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

More importantly than Dumbarton going into administration (my mate heard it in a pub from a guy who heard it from his cousin Colin who is one of the ballboys 15th cousin #itk)is are away fans still allowed in the bar at the ground ?

They are indeed. 

1 hour ago, doulikefish said:

Yes, come early. We’re depending on the takings from the bar to pay the bailiffs when they turn up at 14:55 🤣

2 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Generally, yes, but not you.

Today will be a good barometer of how this squad will fare under Farrell IMO. If we want to mount a challenge it’s imperative we take as many points as we can from our home games. Realisticly we’ve only saw a really good 45 mins from this squad at home. Spartans and East Fife were a bit of a slog, albeit East Fife never really threatened us. The first half against Forfar was probably the only proper poor performance we’ve turned in but I’d like to see us being a bit more convincing today. Peterhead are nae mugs and have a good squad but we should be looking to take the 3 points here, especially after last week and with a full squad to choose from (bar the lesser spotted Callum Wilson).

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Today will be a good barometer of how this squad will fare under Farrell IMO. If we want to mount a challenge it’s imperative we take as many points as we can from our home games. Realisticly we’ve only saw a really good 45 mins from this squad at home. Spartans and East Fife were a bit of a slog, albeit East Fife never really threatened us. The first half against Forfar was probably the only proper poor performance we’ve turned in but I’d like to see us being a bit more convincing today. Peterhead are nae mugs and have a good squad but we should be looking to take the 3 points here, especially after last week and with a full squad to choose from (bar the lesser spotted Callum Wilson).

What's actually Wilson's injury?

56 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

What's actually Wilson's injury?

Think he broke his ankle in April(ish) and he had another setback a couple of weeks ago.

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If Finlay Gray isn't injured he shouldn't be on the bench. 

I semi agree. But last week was as poor as I've probably ever seen him play. So I'm not totally shocked to see him dropped, I don't know if he had a knock or what. But he couldn't get in the game at all. Is Div Wilson a better option? Not for me. Unless the question is who can produce a better cross.

That team was a bit of a curve ball generally though. Is it 4-4-2 with Shiels wide left? I'm pleased to see Ruth, Orsi and Byrne all starting. But it's fairly radically different. I'd also rather Carlo in CM and Lynas at RB, but here we are.

I'm interested by that lineup if nothing else.

Or is it 3-5-2? Durnan, Crighton, Shiels at the back. Orsi wide right, Young wide left. Malcolm, Div and Carlo in the middle?

Edited by Jan Vojáček

59 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Think he broke his ankle in April(ish) and he had another setback a couple of weeks ago.

I semi agree. But last week was as poor as I've probably ever seen him play. So I'm not totally shocked to see him dropped, I don't know if he had a knock or what. But he couldn't get in the game at all. Is Div Wilson a better option? Not for me. Unless the question is who can produce a better cross.

That team was a bit of a curve ball generally though. Is it 4-4-2 with Shiels wide left? I'm pleased to see Ruth, Orsi and Byrne all starting. But it's fairly radically different. I'd also rather Carlo in CM and Lynas at RB, but here we are.

I'm interested by that lineup if nothing else.

Or is it 3-5-2? Durnan, Crighton, Shiels at the back. Orsi wide right, Young wide left. Malcolm, Div and Carlo in the middle?

You back your top players through blips in form, IMO. And if we're dropping folk for not doing enough then it's baffling that Div Wilson is given the call, considering he's done very little so far this season. 

Playing a lot better than last week. But still can't seem to find a way to get the round rubber thing in between the big metal things.

Peterhead are playing a very high line which feels like something we might be able to exploit with fractionally better timing on runs.