Dumbarton -vs- Peterhead

It's MacKay, really, that's the problem. Anyone with sense would've binned Farrell long ago. Every communication and action we've seen from him (MacKay) just makes him seem like a fool. Quite worrying, for someone in the roles he holds.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Really feel for young , hopefully we’ll see him again this season but Farrell in his interview saying it’s really not good news

Yes would wish the player all the best for a full recovery, our scorer today had to sit out the whole of last season with a similar injury but has fought back from it. 

As for the game we stood off Dumbarton a bit too much 1st half which allowed  them to knock the ball about but as was said on here earlier without any end result. "nd half we started closing them down and winning 50/50s & pushing on. Always looked more likely to score & although not scoring since he returned he has been heavily involved in build up play & am sure he will add to his tally at the ripe old age of 36 Shanks although not at his best togay will happily do the running for him.

I was speaking to the groundsman at half time and he said it was a waste of time watering the pitch as the ball spent most of the half up in the air.

I thought that was a pretty fair assessment  of the half but instead of hoofing the ball up to McAllister second half, we played it on the ground setting up some nice moves, especially the one which resulted in the goal.

Before the game, I would have been happy with a draw but it never looked like Dumbarton would score and I was confident that one of our attacks would finish up with the ball in the back of the net.

I hope that the lad that was injured wasn't a cruciate ligament. We had that last season with Hamish Ritchie missing every league game and this season with Conner Duthie getting one in the first league game who will also miss the rest of the season.

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

How long has the pitch been narrowed in at the Rock, looked like a bout 5 yards in from each side, do Sons fans think this actually helps their team

Don't think it helps us at all, there's a couple of theories why it was done, Farrell wanted it that way, but also to try & avoid that few yards, which get very little sunlight being in the shade of the Stand roof from freezing, it's seemingly been the reason for postponements in the past.

9 minutes ago, peternapper said:

How long has the pitch been narrowed in at the Rock, looked like a bout 5 yards in from each side, do Sons fans think this actually helps their team

The sad thing is this barely even makes the top 5 list of idiotic things this football club has done in the last 3 or 4 seasons. 

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

The sad thing is this barely even makes the top 5 list of idiotic things this football club has done in the last 3 or 4 seasons. 

Yep, just one in a series of unforced errors/own goals we've committed. Bizarre not to change it after last season, when we got absolutely no benefit out of it.

22 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Don't think it helps us at all, there's a couple of theories why it was done, Farrell wanted it that way, but also to try & avoid that few yards, which get very little sunlight being in the shade of the Stand roof from freezing, it's seemingly been the reason for postponements in the past.

I think the stuff about the pitch freezing is a load of pish, Farrell admitted himself that we done it because Aaron Lynas can throw the ball far. 

Out of all Farrell’s flaws and mistakes, of which he has many, I’d say narrowing the pitch so dramatically due to one players throw in ability is the most ridiculous thing he’s done so far by a distance. I’m actually sittin here laughing just thinking about it 🤣 Aaron Lynas didn’t even start yesterday!

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think the stuff about the pitch freezing is a load of pish, Farrell admitted himself that we done it because Aaron Lynas can throw the ball far. 

Out of all Farrell’s flaws and mistakes, of which he has many, I’d say narrowing the pitch so dramatically due to one players throw in ability is the most ridiculous thing he’s done so far by a distance. I’m actually sittin here laughing just thinking about it 🤣 Aaron Lynas didn’t even start yesterday!

Farrell's like a Cult leader down there.

Free reign 

Yeah, it didn't exactly help with the call offs last season, having the pitch narrowed. Going out on a limb, I'd say renting the pitch out to your choice of diddies of the year, is much more of a factor there.

(or getting rid of a proper groundsman and replacing him with your golfing pal)

Edited by FifeSons

45 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yeah, it didn't exactly help with the call offs last season, having the pitch narrowed. Going out on a limb, I'd say renting the pitch out to your choice of diddies of the year, is much more of a factor there.

(or getting rid of a proper groundsman and replacing him with your golfing pal)

Broomhill are playing on the pitch today, Scottish Cup v Cumbernauld.

I noticed DFC have recently been advertising a vacancy for an Assistant Groundsman lol