Hibernian vs St Johnstone - 23 September 2023

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

I've seen paint dry quicker than Jephcott runs.

Looks like that 50 year old with a knee brace that turns up to your sevens.

I can see some positives from that. We are in the game for most of it. The real worry is at both ends. No real threat- honestly, can we not see May on his own doesn't work yet - and the support cast of Wright, Carey and particularly MacPherson didn't help. 

Both full backs were disappointing. Robinson is dreadful going forward but at least can defend. I've been a long term defender of Brown but thought he was awful today. Last two games he's started he's switched off at set pieces and it's cost us.

I've I see MacPherson in a saints strip again it will be too soon; the personification of what's been wrong with our club the last couple of seasons.

That second half was really bad. Our subs were Callum Davidson style of just throw on random bodies, hoping someone comes on and out of nowhere turns out to be a hero. Thought the pace of Costelloe or the Newcastle lad would have made more sense than Max.

Absolutely no positives from that second half at all. We failed to play a pass to a teammate around the box every time we went forward. Our attack seems based around a hopeful ball into the box which was poor, but couldn’t we at least try to make a challenge in there.

Jephcott needs to sit further away from the biscuit tin. He’s in dreadful shape for a professional sportsman.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Lovely to see a young laddie introduced and play with freedom. Lee Johnson take note.

Aye did well! Was moaning about how we work with youngsters the other week but if we're gonna play 16/17 year olds every so often and the 19/20 year olds go out on loan fair enough. 

Probably cutting Monty too much slack but glad Tavares is at least getting a chance under him 

20 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Should’ve been three or four in that second half. Vente scores goals and will continue to do so, looks a great signing so far. 

Aye I remember looking at his goals last year and thinking he would do absolutely fine from a finishing point of view, now we're getting settled expect him to get a good few.

I'm wondering if the 442 is just carrying on from what was just about working before or with Levitt coming back we might change shape 

It is more obvious every game that we have nothing up front and why this has not been addressed long ago. Whats the point in signing more and more midfielders when what we needed is a big lump up front to feed and distribute. We never score and are managed by a ex striker. It really is pathetic. Look out your roadmaps because we are doomed will be relegated by christmas.

Love to be proved wrong but it is not looking promising.

Question: Why was Ryan McGowan on Saints TV ( really good by the way and positive ) when he would have been better on the pitch?

12 minutes ago, Broughty said:

It is more obvious every game that we have nothing up front and why this has not been addressed long ago. Whats the point in signing more and more midfielders when what we needed is a big lump up front to feed and distribute. We never score and are managed by a ex striker. It really is pathetic. Look out your roadmaps because we are doomed will be relegated by christmas.

Love to be proved wrong but it is not looking promising.

Question: Why was Ryan McGowan on Saints TV ( really good by the way and positive ) when he would have been better on the pitch?

Agree, he was good. Probably the best I’ve heard on there.