Rangers v Motherwell, Sun 15:00

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

This is such a strange argument. I’ve never seen someone take umbrage with another fan because they are concerned about the injuries their team is picking up. Genuinely confused.

No idea why you're "genuinely confused". Rangers can play at least two different teams from their squad, so Rangers having a few injuries is of minor consequence compared with 10 other Premiership clubs having a few injuries. 

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No idea why you're "genuinely confused". Rangers can play at least two different teams from their squad, so Rangers having a few injuries is of minor consequence compared with 10 other Premiership clubs having a few injuries. 

Away mate. If me stating such an innocuous comment about being concerned about our injuries warrants some kind of analysis as to why I shouldn’t really be concerned then I’d say it’s just having a pop for the sake of it.

Injury lists are relative to the team that suffer them. The other 10 teams in the league have no bearing on my concern for my teams injury list.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Away mate. If me stating such an innocuous comment about being concerned about our injuries warrants some kind of analysis as to why I shouldn’t really be concerned then I’d say it’s just having a pop for the sake of it.

Injury lists are relative to the team that suffer them. The other 10 teams in the league have no bearing on my concern for my teams injury list.

As I said, Rangers could field two entirely different starting elevens which should be able to compete in this league. So having a few injuries should be of no great concern to any Rangers fan. 

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

As I said, Rangers could field two entirely different starting elevens which should be able to compete in this league. So having a few injuries should be of no great concern to any Rangers fan. 

Yeah, a team that isn’t playing well becoming even weaker is no cause for concern 🙈 what a load of shite.

We’re also involved in European competition, should we just disregard that too?

9 hours ago, kingjoey said:

All fans moan/comment on injuries,  the only issue that I can see is that Rangers scraped 3 points yesterday. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Yeah, a team that isn’t playing well becoming even weaker is no cause for concern 🙈 what a load of shite.

All I'm saying is that with Rangers resources they should be able to absorb a few injuries. I certainly don't think that's an unreasonable train of thought. The only exception would be if all your keepers were injured at the same time 

3 hours ago, AJF said:

I think he’s pulling your leg a bit - even Pep said last week injuries were concerning him and he has the best squad in club football.

Are you not more concerned about the quality of signings you’ve made ? Butland apart they all look really poor. Are you not surprised like Arfield, Tillman and Hagi were allowed to leave when they all looked better than the likes of Lammers, Sima and Cifuentes for example ?

There are definitely parallels with Beale and Caixinho in that both were given free reign to sign the majority of their signings without the support of a DoF. It doesn’t seem a co-incidence that the 2 best signings of Beale’s tenure (Cantwell and Raskin) were signed by Wilson.

Also, Tbf to Caixinho, he signed Jack, Morelos and Candeias so maybe I’m being unfair to him comparing his signings to Beale.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

All I'm saying is that with Rangers resources they should be able to absorb a few injuries. I certainly don't think that's an unreasonable train of thought. The only exception would be if all your keepers were injured at the same time 

Well, it's clear they can be absorbed in the sense that we will have players that can come in in their place, however you surely need to appreciate that the injuries are going to weaken the team. I don't know any fan that wouldn't be concerned about their team being weakened.

As an example, with injuries to Cantwell, Lawrence and Dowell, we have no natural attacking midfield threat in our side. It leaves us extremely unbalanced as the remaining midfielders that were available to us yesterday (Cifuentes, Lundstram, Jack and Rice) are all predominantly defensive/holding midfielders. It resulted in us having to play players in unfamiliar positions and then change to a back 3 for the first time this season due to Matondo's injury in the first half.

41 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think he’s pulling your leg a bit - even Pep said last week injuries were concerning him and he has the best squad in club football.

Are you not more concerned about the quality of signings you’ve made ? Butland apart they all look really poor. Are you not surprised like Arfield, Tillman and Hagi were allowed to leave when they all looked better than the likes of Lammers, Sima and Cifuentes for example ?

There are definitely parallels with Beale and Caixinho in that both were given free reign to sign the majority of their signings without the support of a DoF. It doesn’t seem a co-incidence that the 2 best signings of Beale’s tenure (Cantwell and Raskin) were signed by Wilson.

Also, Tbf to Caixinho, he signed Jack, Morelos and Candeias so maybe I’m being unfair to him comparing his signings to Beale.

Without a doubt. I don't think expressing concerns about our injuries means that is the most pressing concern. There are clearly issues with the way we are playing and our recruitment, but that's stuff I've covered before. 

I think your portrayal of Tillman leaving is a little odd (you've mentioned it before as well). We never made the choice to allow him to leave. He was never our player. We wanted him to return by exercising the option to buy, but he didn't want to return and Bayern wanted to send him elsewhere. It's the reason why we were compensated by Bayern so all that would've happened was we'd exercise the option to buy clause but he'd just reject personal terms. So it was decided we'd instead be compensated for waiving that clause.

Cantwell had already essentially replaced Arfield in his role last season and was excelling in it, then with Lawrence returning from injury and Arfield at the age of 34 I don't think it was a bad decision to let him go.

Sima and Cifuentes weren't brought in as Arfield or Hagi replacements as they play different roles really. Lammers is one you could say plays most similar to them positionally, but again, it's not really an issue if we have Cantwell or Lawrence fit.

Edited by AJF

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

Well, it's clear they can be absorbed in the sense that we will have players that can come in in their place, however you surely need to appreciate that the injuries are going to weaken the team. I don't know any fan that wouldn't be concerned about their team being weakened.

As an example, with injuries to Cantwell, Lawrence and Dowell, we have no natural attacking midfield threat in our side. It leaves us extremely unbalanced as the remaining midfielders that were available to us yesterday (Cifuentes, Lundstram, Jack and Rice) are all predominantly defensive/holding midfielders. It resulted in us having to play players in unfamiliar positions and then change to a back 3 for the first time this season due to Matondo's injury in the first half.

Without a doubt. I don't think expressing concerns about our injuries means that is the most pressing concern. There are clearly issues with the way we are playing and our recruitment, but that's stuff I've covered before. 

I think your portrayal of Tillman leaving is a little odd (you've mentioned it before as well). We never made the choice to allow him to leave. He was never our player. We wanted him to return by exercising the option to buy, but he didn't want to return and Bayern wanted to send him elsewhere. It's the reason why we were compensated by Bayern so all that would've happened was we'd exercise the option to buy clause but he'd just reject personal terms. So it was decided we'd instead be compensated for waiving that clause.

Cantwell had already essentially replaced Arfield in his role last season and was excelling in it, then with Lawrence returning from injury and Arfield at the age of 34 I don't think it was a bad decision to let him go.

Sima and Cifuentes weren't brought in as Arfield or Hagi replacements as they play different roles really. Lammers is one you could say plays most similar to them positionally, but again, it's not really an issue if we have Cantwell or Lawrence fit.

Fair enough. See what you are saying.

I don’t think anyone will be surprised if Dowell, Souttar or Lawrence miss more games through injury than they play during their Rangers career.

They certainly seem to lack the mindset of say Arfield who’d run through a wall to play for any club he’s been at.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They certainly seem to lack the mindset of say Arfield who’d run through a wall to play for any club he’s been at.

100%. Arfield was brilliant for us and his attitude is second to none.

19 hours ago, AJF said:

Our injury list is again starting to become a big concern if you look at Lawrence being omitted from the squad and Matondo going off injured. Add them to Cantwell, Dowell, Raskin and Danilo and it’s not looking great.

If you think it's bad now, wait until you've had to play St Mirren.

On 24/09/2023 at 23:37, kingjoey said:

TBF which I hate being, Both Arse cheeks should have a picks itself first eleven. I think the **** do. But take a few players out as we've seen with the **** centre half problem and they look vulnerable. I guess the **** have the same problem (although I'm not sure they have an automatic best eleven yet).  And I would say that their cover at Centre half is at least as thin as the **** and any loss they weakens them a lot. Equally with the ****, for all Hart's limitations having only Bain as cover is madness. 

On 24/09/2023 at 17:22, welldaft said:

All because your hatchet man Dunne did in our only decent striking option. Looks like we could play for weeks and not score. 

Ah well let’s play Celtic off the park next week and lose 1-0. Just so Lex can have another jibe 👏

We aim to please