Rangers v Motherwell, Sun 15:00

I know we don't have many striker options (I mean Bair was a back up to our back up) but come on. There was atleast 3 chances that we have to score, be it a Sunday league team or Barcelona.

I can't really fault the team that much but it's just frustrating when there isn't really a big negative to point out in the squad. Bair was doing great for the most part with holding the ball but him and the rest kept on hesitating at the wrong moments.

If we keep playing like this then we will be both safe and possibly challenging for something. Just need to get "Score" thing sorted.

The less said about rangers performance thought the better. When your fans boo you after a win that says it all.

Edited by Phillips455

21 minutes ago, Lex said:

Laughing out loud at the Motherwell forward line trying to score a goal, for the second weekend in a row.

All because your hatchet man Dunne did in our only decent striking option. Looks like we could play for weeks and not score. 

Ah well let’s play Celtic off the park next week and lose 1-0. Just so Lex can have another jibe 👏

14 minutes ago, welldaft said:

All because your hatchet man Dunne did in our only decent striking option. Looks like we could play for weeks and not score. 

Ah well let’s play Celtic off the park next week and lose 1-0. Just so Lex can have another jibe 👏

Boys a troll mate, best ignored.

Rangers brought on a centre half for a forward, then a defensive midfielder for a forward and timewasted to beat us 1-0 at home. I reckon we'll be fine with a bit better decision making in the final third.

St Mirren fans showing themselves up to be sad acts, on this thread willing on Rangers.

31 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Honestly this makes me optimistic for facing them in a couple of weeks from now.

Absolutely nothing to fear mate, if we had someone even semi competent up front we would have left there with at least a point today. They are fragile at the back and, for the money spent, their forwards look comically bad.  They'll drop a fair few points this season, that's for sure.

4 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

Rangers brought on a centre half for a forward, then a defensive midfielder for a forward and timewasted to beat us 1-0 at home. I reckon we'll be fine with a bit better decision making in the final third.

St Mirren fans showing themselves up to be sad acts, on this thread willing on Rangers.

There's only one St. Mirren fan on the thread having a go at Motherwell.

Every other one of us who has commented on here was willing Motherwell on.

Motherwell are a very good footballing side. Although it didn’t come to too many clear cut chances it definitely feels like we got away with one today. Butland again doing well to keep out Shaw (I think) and another off the line from Tavernier.

’Well Pass the ball very confidently and aren’t afraid to play the ball into feet even if they have a man on, trusting they’ll use the ball well which is something I wish we could do more of. Although we had more possession as you’d expect, we never moved the ball half as efficiently.

Slattery has turned winning fouls into a fine art.

Our injury list is again starting to become a big concern if you look at Lawrence being omitted from the squad and Matondo going off injured. Add them to Cantwell, Dowell, Raskin and Danilo and it’s not looking great.

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Absolutely nothing to fear mate, if we had someone even semi competent up front we would have left there with at least a point today. They are fragile at the back and, for the money spent, their forwards look comically bad.  They'll drop a fair few points this season, that's for sure.

I’m assuming big KVV would have ran riot today? What a striker that big fella was? 

6 minutes ago, Ooooft. said:

I’m assuming big KVV would have ran riot today? What a striker that big fella was? 

If we'd had him today, we'd have had 3pts imo. We had 3 or 4 really good openings and he'd have taken advantage of at least a couple of them.

Not just KVV for Motherwell though. If it had been Aberdeen or Hearts today, for example, with a  confident Duk or Shankland up front there would have been goals. As long as Beale is in charge and playing that sort of football, there's goals to be had against them.

33 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

If we'd had him today, we'd have had 3pts imo. We had 3 or 4 really good openings and he'd have taken advantage of at least a couple of them.

Not just KVV for Motherwell though. If it had been Aberdeen or Hearts today, for example, with a  confident Duk or Shankland up front there would have been goals. As long as Beale is in charge and playing that sort of football, there's goals to be had against them.

Miraculously, we are on a run of 3 straight clean sheets. Sooner or later it’ll catch up with us again if we keep playing like this.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

There's only one St. Mirren fan on the thread having a go at Motherwell.

Every other one of us who has commented on here was willing Motherwell on.

And he's regularly called out for being a plum of the highest order on his own team's thread.

Anyway, looked like you were unlucky not to get something from today's game, which is a pity because they're not really all that good.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Our injury list is again starting to become a big concern if you look at Lawrence being omitted from the squad and Matondo going off injured. Add them to Cantwell, Dowell, Raskin and Danilo and it’s not looking great.

Yeah, because you've got such a small squad..................

2 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah, because you've got such a small squad..................

I’m not sure why our squad size would preclude me from feeling concerned about a growing injury list, with some key players included on it no less.

25 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m not sure why our squad size would preclude me from feeling concerned about a growing injury list, with some key players included on it no less.

You can "feel concerned" all you want, but with a squad twice the size and budget at least ten times most of teams, surely you've got way more quality than the rest in reserve to replace "key players".

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

You can "feel concerned" all you want, but with a squad twice the size and budget at least ten times most of teams, surely you've got way more quality than the rest in reserve to replace "key players".

This is such a strange argument. I’ve never seen someone take umbrage with another fan because they are concerned about the injuries their team is picking up. Genuinely confused.