Rangers v Motherwell, Sun 15:00

So the dreaded Sunday home matches are back after our failure to qualify for the champions league.

Come into this on the back of a great result against Betis but I imagine there will be some changes.

Lammers potentially coming in from the start and going by Beale’s comments we may see Bailey Rice in the near future, particularly with the injuries we currently have. Id be surprised if he comes in to start in this one though.

A few Injuries and knocks after a Thursday game will make it tougher to break Well down, a good thing we signed plenty of players in the summer.  We need to start taking our chances better as we've been quite wasteful in front of goal.

3 - 2 with the usual nervy finish as Motherwell push everyone forward in the last 10 minutes. 

2 hours ago, bennett said:

3 - 2 with the usual nervy finish as Motherwell push everyone forward in the last 10 minutes

I would feel a lot more optimistic about getting 2 goals if we had last season's KVV leading the line, who could pop up with an absolute screamer or magic moment to contribute at least one of those... but as we're at the Bair-bones (har har) up front, I'm struggling to see it happening.  (No ill will to Theo btw, just a reality he'll struggle to make an impact, just as many of his predecessors have done).  

I think we should put up a good fight though, Ketts seems to have got the attitude right. 

I'll suppress my natural pessimism temporarily and declare my heart says a 1-1 draw (but really my head says 2-0)

23 hours ago, RostokMcSpoons said:

I would feel a lot more optimistic about getting 2 goals if we had last season's KVV leading the line, who could pop up with an absolute screamer or magic moment to contribute at least one of those... but as we're at the Bair-bones (har har) up front, I'm struggling to see it happening.  (No ill will to Theo btw, just a reality he'll struggle to make an impact, just as many of his predecessors have done).  

I think we should put up a good fight though, Ketts seems to have got the attitude right. 

I'll suppress my natural pessimism temporarily and declare my heart says a 1-1 draw (but really my head says 2-0)

Feed the Bair!

Feed the Bair!

Feed the Bair!

😜😜😜

I was annoyingly impressed with Rangers in the second half against Betis during the week, so if they reach anywhere near those levels today we’ll have no chance.

Heart says 1-1 but head says 2-0 Rangers. I wonder which diddy striker will follow in the illustrious footsteps of Itten and Sakala and turn into prime Ronaldo today and stick a few past us - I’ll go for Matondo. 

35 minutes ago, dezz said:

I was annoyingly impressed with Rangers in the second half against Betis during the week, so if they reach anywhere near those levels today we’ll have no chance.

Heart says 1-1 but head says 2-0 Rangers. I wonder which diddy striker will follow in the illustrious footsteps of Itten and Sakala and turn into prime Ronaldo today and stick a few past us - I’ll go for Matondo. 

Almost my thoughts to a tee tbh. Matondo & Dessers to be the new Itten & Sakala. 

Can’t see us getting anything from the game but we watch in hope rather than expectation.

2 minutes ago, dezz said:

Typical. Better team for the first 25 mins and they get a jammy goal like that.

Some really decent passages of play from us and that was a real boot in the baws. Think Kelly would have had it covered and Dessers knew nothing about it.

Well. I'm not sure if I like or hate how we have done well, but are still getting beat narrowly.

A very good performance so far buy no shots on target (I'm not sure if one of the close chances was blocked instead of just going wide) and an unfortunate goal.

This will be a real test in the second half. We need to score but I don't really see someone with that spark. Makes you wish for Van veen. He would have had a field day with this overall team performance.