Killie vs Saints 30/9

8 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Looking forward to seeing St Mirren tomorrow. From highlights they look like a decent team and I’ve yet to see a decent team this season.

Killie are one of the few sides that absolute had the measure of us last season. They took 5 points out of 9 and it can be reasonably argued that they probably could/should have had 9 given that they played us for 85 mins with 11 vs 10 last time at Rugby Park and they were the better side in the first meeting last season.

Rugby Park is always a hard ground for us and Kilmarnock have a decent home record since coming back up so on that basis, I'd take a draw if offered just now.

11 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

they played us for 85 mins with 11 vs 10 last time at Rugby Park

That was the one game against Killie last season where I thought we should've taken all 3 points. Despite playing with 10 men we missed 2 or 3 really good chances. Whereas Killie created very little.

As for Saturday, it's a hard one to call. Given last season's head to head, and Killie's home record, I'd take a draw if you offered it right now.

42 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Hoping for a Killie win, just to annoy the McINnes oUT people.

St Mirren Park the bus inside there own 18 yard box in the second half of games if they have a lead to protect basically inviting teams to score. So far the only team able to do that have been Hibs twice scoring 2 goals within a couple of minutes of each other at the start of second half I suspect Killie will be the next to do that .That's provided we score in the first half offcourse.Other wise we might still have a go at yous

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

St Mirren Park the bus inside there own 18 yard box in the second half of games if they have a lead to protect basically inviting teams to score. So far the only team able to do that have been Hibs twice scoring 2 goals within a couple of minutes of each other at the start of second half I suspect Killie will be the next to do that .That's provided we score in the first half offcourse.Other wise we might still have a go at yous

We’ve a leaky defence. I can see what you’ve suggested playing out, possibly apart from the equaliser(s).

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Parking the bus ??? You do realise the whole concept of counter attack ?

I would absolutely take a point here.

Hopefully with Ndaba back, McInnes can stop tinkering and just play the best players in the best positions, which worked at the start of the season. 

A draw will do, but the buddies are on fire, so I'm not hopeful. 

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

That was the one game against Killie last season where I thought we should've taken all 3 points. Despite playing with 10 men we missed 2 or 3 really good chances. Whereas Killie created very little.

As for Saturday, it's a hard one to call. Given last season's head to head, and Killie's home record, I'd take a draw if you offered it right now.

Yeah, Grieve missed an excellent chance but on paper they certainly should have beaten us that day. 85 mins with 10 men away from home is a huge disadvantage.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Yes I do but we hardly get out of our 18 yard box .

I have to admit, I admire your staying power. Best start to a league season in 70 odd years and still arguing we're shite.

We'll undoubtedly be shite again at some point, most folk would just wait for that, so hats off to you for perseverance. 

Will St Mirren be able to score a goal against us this time?

Crazy how football works our defence has been terrible the last 18 months whereas St Mirren have been really firing in the same period and yet had probably their worst results of last season against us.

Well maybe not their worst but over the 3 games we were probably their bogey team last year.