Killie vs Saints 30/9

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Will St Mirren be able to score a goal against us this time?

Crazy how football works our defence has been terrible the last 18 months whereas St Mirren have been really firing in the same period and yet had probably their worst results of last season against us.

Well maybe not their worst but over the 3 games we were probably their bogey team last year.

Kilmarnock and St. Johnstone were definitely our bogey teams (St. Johnstone always are!). We came within 30 seconds of beating St. Johnstone though - we never looked like we were about to beat Killie at any point.

19 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I have to admit, I admire your staying power. Best start to a league season in 70 odd years and still arguing we're shite.

We'll undoubtedly be shite again at some point, most folk would just wait for that, so hats off to you for perseverance. 

I don't see anywhere where I said we are shite I said once we get a lead we park the bus which is not good viewing or for your heart and fingernails the first 15 of the second half on Wednesday was exactly how I thought it would pan out and it was them scoring the second that made us have to get out of our 18 yard box to try get back in it.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

Will St Mirren be able to score a goal against us this time?

Crazy how football works our defence has been terrible the last 18 months whereas St Mirren have been really firing in the same period and yet had probably their worst results of last season against us.

Well maybe not their worst but over the 3 games we were probably their bogey team last year.

Going by the 3 games against Killie last season I couldn't believe your league position. 

I thought Derek had signed well in the summer, obviously 2 huge wins against the bigoted arseholes. 

Is it a case of a bit like ourselves last season, play better when teams come on to you and catch them on the counter? Your defence looks solid, Armstrong is a pain in the arse to play against, Kennedy when fit and firing is a capable player. I thought it would be scoring goals that would be your issue this season.

How has Magennis been? Hopefully over his injuries issues.

10 minutes ago, AW saint said:

We haven't won at Killie for about ten years. We never play well on plastic grass. 

Tough game ahead. Killie play our tactics this season. 

We might not play "well" on it but our record on plastic pitches recently is remarkably good. Montrose was our first defeat on one in a good while.

47 minutes ago, RussellV1 said:

I can’t remember us ever beating a Derek McInnes side (one for the stattos to see if they can find one) so I’d be happy with a draw here tbh 

I think we beat Aberdeen 1-0 a couple of years ago early on in the season. McInnes changed a lot of the team because they were in europe.

That was the first and only time I'm sure. Ironic as he is a Paisley man I'm sure 😂.

I think it's safe to say we've been rotten against Killie at their patch for some time.

I didn't realise that McInnes was getting in the neck from the fans, as any time I've seen them play, albeit from limited viewing,  they've looked quite capable.

I noticed Magennis had a decent game midweek. He's bound to score tomorrow.

Would take a draw here.

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

I think we beat Aberdeen 1-0 a couple of years ago early on in the season. McInnes changed a lot of the team because they were in europe.

That was the first and only time I'm sure. Ironic as he is a Paisley man I'm sure 😂.

I spotted him in the Johnstone Morrison's years ago.

I've seen McCoist in there as well.

22 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I didn't realise that McInnes was getting in the neck from the fans, as any time I've seen them play, albeit from limited viewing,  they've looked quite capable.

He has been in the local paper saying 'we're heading in the right direction' - we've lost three and drawn two of our last five. Three games have gone against us with goals in time added on.

Previously he got leeway I think as we just had to get back up, and he had a lot of players he didn't sign. However, he has had a couple of windows now and hasn't really improved as much as folk would've hoped.

We played in a formation and style on Tuesday more similar to the games against Rangers and Celtic, and I thought we played well in patches. My worry is that when any of that XI are injured, the replacements aren't quite up to the same level. Magennis in particular was great on Tuesday, but his injury history is dreadful.

6 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Aye, they'll be absolutely raging seeing their team win. 

Yes there are many fucking clowns in the support. I can already hear “stay of execution” and other such tripe from simpletons that don’t remember wanting Tommy Wright in not long ago.