Killie vs Saints 30/9

Would never have Dunne starting ahead of Taylor again. Not only was he culpable for the goal along with Hemming, he’s bloody hopeless at defending corners. In second half there was an instance where he wiped out about 4 players getting dragged everywhere by his man, saved by the referee preferring a retake. Straight from the retake he lost his man completely and thankfully wasn’t punished for it. Got bullied by Vassell for the rest of the game.

Can’t recall the Killie keeper having to make a save today. I hope McMenamin’s injury isn’t serious as I think we badly missed him on Wednesday and then again when he went off today. He does a great job of getting us up the pitch. Happily take the point from today. 

42 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Happy with the point.

Thought Gogic was a class apart, I haven’t seen a better player with his ability to read the game and break up play over the past few seasons.

He does the dirty often unseen work very well.

He's already player of the year for me even this early in the season as you say different class from anyone else .

48 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Happy with the point.

Thought Gogic was a class apart, I haven’t seen a better player with his ability to read the game and break up play over the past few seasons.

He does the dirty often unseen work very well.

There was one passage of play where he had 4 or 5 touches in row intercepting Killie passes, it was him playing you guys on his own at times. He just gives everything every week.

Not sure who was on VAR, but in the first half when Strain went down under a challenge from Vassel, ref didn’t even give a foul and Killie got a corner.  

Replay showed Vassell actually stamped on his shin/ankle.  

With our recent VAR luck we’d have had a player sent off for that.

18 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Draw was fair enough result to come away with as I said in opening post.

Thought the referee had one of those games where he clearly thought he was the star attraction and both teams were just there for his benefit. Horrible performance from him.

Was this his first top flight game?

Didn’t recognise him.  

2 hours ago, Fide said:

Happy with a point tbqhwy. 

Seriously?   No disrespect to St Mirren, but if we want to get into the top 6 (not a chance with McInnes as manager) then it's games like this we need to win. 

I thought we were slightly the better team but as per usual under McInnes's tactic/coaching etc we rarely look like scoring.   St Mirren looked pretty well organised by the man I wanted as manager when Tommy Wright was chased. 

I was very surprised how few St Mirren brought down today - 2nd in the league and playing well I thought you would have brought down a lot more. 

Just now, paul wright scores said:

Seriously?   No disrespect to St Mirren, but if we want to get into the top 6 (not a chance with McInnes as manager) then it's games like this we need to win. 

I thought we were slightly the better team but as per usual under McInnes's tactic/coaching etc we rarely look like scoring.   St Mirren looked pretty well organised by the man I wanted as manager when Tommy Wright was chased. 

I was very surprised how few St Mirren brought down today - 2nd in the league and playing well I thought you would have brought down a lot more. 

I go to every home game, but I'm fucked if I'm paying £26 to watch an away game.

Plus I can't be arsed travelling there and back. Got more important things to do these days.

4 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

To both teams.  Unfortunately this is simply the norm nowadays.   The standard is dreadful. 

The two completely baffling bookings were for your big forward Cameron and Baccus for us.

Both challenges barely merited a foul.

Edited by FTOF

Just now, Hendo said:

Happy with the point, draw probably about right, i thought this would be a tough game as Killie always raise their game against the big teams.

On today's showing they certainly weren't up against one of them.

21 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

That sounds like some good ganja you’re smoking tonight