Killie vs Saints 30/9

On 30/09/2023 at 17:26, AussieBud said:

People saying it’s dunne and hemming at fault. Yeah I’d say there to blame, but O Hara passes it short to dunne and should have just been playing straight back to hemming 

purely the keeper's fault, all he had to do was catch the ball above the attacker's head....................should have been easy, got reservations about Hemming

8 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

Zak made a mistake for the goal. Last week his save from Devlin earned us 3 points. Why do people obsess with goalkeeping mistakes. 

All keepers make mistakes from time to time, move on and focus on how good he’s been since coming in.

he has NOT been good he has been ok, he might have done reasonably well, but certainly not good, he is a goalkeeper, he is meant to be capable and he is that, just about in my opinion, reminds me of Scrimigor

2 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

he has NOT been good he has been ok, he might have done reasonably well, but certainly not good, he is a goalkeeper, he is meant to be capable and he is that, just about in my opinion, reminds me of Scrimigor

There is no way you can compare Zach to Scrimgeour, he's light years ahead of him.

His balance sheet is even at the moment, could have lost us points with mistakes v Aberdeen and Killie but won us points with saves v Dundee and Hearts.

Personally, i'd prefer a more consistent keeper, as right now he's either brilliant or throws one in, but we need to back him as he is our number 1 and we've still not lost a game with him in the side. 

26 minutes ago, jaybeee said:

That’s a quite ridiculous comparison given that both players are from a completely different era. 

We had this clamour at the start of last season when Carson got off to a pretty shaky start. Folk were questioning him as first choice and that he was not of the same standard as Alnwick or Hladky. 

Im confident Zak will prove you and many others wrong over the season.

I don’t think that Killie’s goal on Saturday was a mistake from Hemming. I don’t see Carson doing any better

9/10 a challenge like that on the keeper is given as a foul. Lyons led with his arm and it now appears that he also handled it.

Hemming did make a mistake against Aberdeen - exactly the same mistake Carson made against Hearts last season and similar to the one Zander Clark made last week.

Some folk just appear desperate to put Hemming down at the slightest opportunity 

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

f**k VAR.

The issue isnt VAR but who is implementing it. If you look at european matches, checks are completed quicker, decisions are better and it is much less intrusive than it is here. The problem is we have a collection of referees who are either bumbling idiots or arrogant arseholes, or in the worst cases (i'm looking at you, John Beaton) both.

2 hours ago, Hendo said:

The issue isnt VAR but who is implementing it. If you look at european matches, checks are completed quicker, decisions are better and it is much less intrusive than it is here. The problem is we have a collection of referees who are either bumbling idiots or arrogant arseholes, or in the worst cases (i'm looking at you, John Beaton) both.

Was Beaton VAR for this mistake?

How many mistakes can VAR officials get away with before something is done?

15 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

f**k VAR.

I can't get too excited about this as despite seeing it a few times I didn't notice a handball. So presumably the VAR couldn't say for certain if it was a handball. Likewise, with the Strain incident, the pictures were totally inconclusive so they can't give the penalty.

It does highlight the limitations of it though. Clubs are paying a significant amount of money, yet there aren't enough cameras so a lot is still missed. We're 7 games into the season and we could probably list 7 incidents that VAR couldn't clear up one way or another, and that's just in games involving St Mirren.

Honestly, having seen the replay, I can't tell still if he's touched it with his hand or not.

It should be an exercise though in the keeper being a bit more forceful. If Hemming goes for a punch and jumps into Lyons there, as long as he doesn't do something ridiculous like lead with an outstretched boot, the ref gives a foul for the keeper 99 times out of 100 as the ball is 100% Hemming's to win, not the attacker's.

By allowing the ball to drop to a height where Lyons could reasonably challenge for it, Hemming has brought the attacker into play.

18 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Even itself out over the season.

Well, the guy who ruled out Mandron’s goal for something way less than he allowed as VAR official for Rangers - is the referee for St Mirren v Rangers.  

Great that he’s got such an early opportunity to balance out those two mistakes.  

3-0 Saints.  

466B5715-867F-4242-A95C-99E3F4312522.jpeg

On 01/10/2023 at 20:58, Hendo said:

There is no way you can compare Zach to Scrimgeour, he's light years ahead of him.

His balance sheet is even at the moment, could have lost us points with mistakes v Aberdeen and Killie but won us points with saves v Dundee and Hearts.

Personally, i'd prefer a more consistent keeper, as right now he's either brilliant or throws one in, but we need to back him as he is our number 1 and we've still not lost a game with him in the side. 

I appreciate your points, but let me explain why he reminds me of Scrimigour. I used to attend virtually every game home and away, even reserve matches way back then and so got to see a lot of our ginger-haired goalie , who in my honest opinion was a good keeper occasionally, an okay keeper mostly, and a f**king disaster from time to time, unfortunately Hemming has replicated all three of these traits so far.  I appreciate he may settle down and become a steady eddy, we just have to wait and see.