Peterhead v Elgin (30/09/2023)

Well the closest thing we have to a derby is back! 

Hopefully we’ll put things right after last week’s disappointment against Clyde. Deservedly beat Dumbarton 2 weeks ago so I’ll not rule out anything. This will be a hard game, I’d like 3 points but I’d take one.

Predictions?

This Peterhead side is clearly way stronger than the one we gubbed this time last year. Plenty of ex-Elgin interest with Davie Wilson, Connor O'Keefe and Aaron Reid all at Balmoor now. A draw would do me fine tbh.

Edited by afca32

The length of the table between these sides & boy did it show today. Elgin this season are one of the poorest teams I’ve ever seen at this level.

McAliister’s & Shanks goal from open play were very nice and the sixth was a quick footed masterclass to seal the humiliation.

Peterhead are far from the finished article but the fact that they rested some of their key players after an hour shows how one sided the game was.

More deflated than angry at that today. A team of mostly youngsters who may be capable players (shown by the win against Dumbarton) but are clearly incapable of reacting well to going a goal down. In our last 3 league defeats we've conceded the opener then almost immediately conceded again.

I don't think the decision to put Soapy up front and Harvey out wide helps either, the former is never a striker these days.

2 hours ago, afca32 said:

More deflated than angry at that today. A team of mostly youngsters who may be capable players (shown by the win against Dumbarton) but are clearly incapable of reacting well to going a goal down. In our last 3 league defeats we've conceded the opener then almost immediately conceded again.

I don't think the decision to put Soapy up front and Harvey out wide helps either, the former is never a striker these days.

Agree. Soapy is the only player in that team capable of actually passing to one of his own players. I realise that Wright is injured but it is a sad indictment on the quality of the squad that our most effective midfielder is playing up front where he has no influence as the rest of the midfield are totally incapable of creating anything.