St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

St Mirren can’t have any complaints about the decision but it really is shite when a contest is ruined by a red card. The game has been dull as anything since. 

Aye, you'd almost imagine that the rules were intended to discourage the denial of goal scoring opportunities by means of foul play.

17 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Wee laddies clearly fucked and the booo fans still booo and chant cheat :lol: 

He should have been sent off for a howling studs up challenge on Hemming a minute or so earlier and then injured himself diving.

So f**k him, to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Aye, you'd almost imagine that the rules were intended to discourage the denial of goal scoring opportunities by means of foul play.

I don’t know what your gripe with my post is. The game is shit for neutrals now, that’s just a fact. Enjoy your win and all the celebration of King Billy that comes with it. 

7 minutes ago, mathematics said:

I came in here thinking that it’d be uproar that Lovelace wasn’t sent off for his high studs challenge on Hemming. Surprised that it hasn’t been mentioned.

Looked a bad one but I’m guessing VAR checked it.  

Surprised that after a red card for hand ball, a rangers player intentionally handles to gain an advantage and doesn’t get what should have been a mandatory yellow. 

Lundstrum very lucky not to have had a yellow too. 

As for the game, showed that when we were 11 v 11 we showed we can compete. 

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He should have been sent off for a howling studs up challenge on Hemming a minute or so earlier and then injured himself diving.

So f**k him, to be honest.

Do you mean the one where he was trying to flick the ball into the net? Away man, it’s never a red. He has to go for it and it wasn’t a high boot in relation to the ball position. 

Edited by AJF

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

I don’t know what your gripe with my post is. The game is shit for neutrals now, that’s just a fact. Enjoy your win and all the celebration of King Billy that comes with it. 

Well, ta, but a) I'm not at all confident that the game will be won, and b) I detest these King Billy/sash/union jak waving/GSTK weirdo nutters.  Time they grew up.

As brilliant as Strain has been for us this season, he’s always struck me as a lad that hasn’t been over endowed with brain cells. Today has reinforced that view. 
So annoying as we were doing well up until then and it’s a measure of how shite Rangers are that the game is still only 1-0.

They’ll probably go out and score 5 now I’ve said that. 😩

Just need to hope Goldson does something stupid sharpish in the second half and picks up another yellow. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

As brilliant as Strain has been for us this season, he’s always struck me as a lad that hasn’t been over endowed with brain cells. Today has reinforced that view. 
So annoying as we were doing well up until then and it’s a measure of how shite Rangers are that the game is still only 1-0.

They’ll probably go out and score 5 now I’ve said that. 😩

Just need to hope Goldson does something stupid sharpish in the second half and picks up another yellow. 

Agree… even if Goldson doesn’t pick up another card, how about we hang in at 0-1 until 90+5 mins, and get a 1-1 with a deflection off Tavernier’s arse from a last-gasp Tanser cross into the box?

Nah, thought not.

5 minutes ago, mathematics said:

What nonsense is this?

He flicked his boot out at a ball that was what, waist height? Just because the keeper went down doesn’t make it a studs up or high tackle. Never, ever a red.

9 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

1-1 smash and grab in the second half and the seethe continues.  FOREVER.  

After this first 7 minutes of the second half that scenario doesn’t seem that unrealistic. This is a shadow of previous Rangers teams. 

I will delete this post if it ends up 5-0 at full time. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

2 minutes ago, AJF said:

He flicked his boot out at a ball that was what, waist height? Just because the keeper went down doesn’t make it a studs up or high tackle. Never, ever a red.

The height of the ball has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a boot is high or studs are showing.

Just now, mathematics said:

The height of the ball has no bearing whatsoever on whether or not a boot is high or studs are showing.

So you genuinely believe an attacker flicking a boot at a ball that is waist height is considered a high boot?

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Didn’t think it was a foul in real time and don’t think there’s anything in it after watching the replay. He’s entitled to go for the ball seeing as it’s uncontested about 4 yards from goal, keeper gets there first and Lovelace lands on Hemmings but not with the kind of force that would result in a red card. 

3 minutes ago, stressball said:

Nice of Rangers to even things up by putting on Dessers to make it 10 Vs 10.

To be fair, it would be hard for him to be any more anonymous than Roofe.

Can see St Mirren nicking a draw. Significantly better team than Rangers*.