St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

2 hours ago, tam the bud said:

Sadly we shit the bed as usual when playing them. 

Only good point from this we only need to play them once more at home in the league. 

I saw no real evidence of shitting the bed. It was a dead even game before Strains moment of madness that basically cost us the match. Even at 1 down and a man down the tactics were good. It was only when we made the changes to formation to try to salvage a point (again timing wise the right decision) that we got caught out. I think shitting the bed is very unfair.  An individual poor decision cost us.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Sorry.

Ach, maybe they'll all finally want to come together like big boys and discuss a way of removing the slightest provocative religious/bigoted/political etc stuff which has no place in football once and for all.

Then again...

Apologies to Saints fans, no intention to derail your match thread.

We can but dream Del, we just need to keep trying.

4 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I saw no real evidence of shitting the bed. It was a dead even game before Strains moment of madness that basically cost us the match. Even at 1 down and a man down the tactics were good. It was only when we made the changes to formation to try to salvage a point (again timing wise the right decision) that we got caught out. I think shitting the bed is very unfair.  An individual poor decision cost us.

Agree with all of that, but think we should probably have waited another 10 minutes.

And probably McMenamin should have been one of the ones taken off in the first swaps.

He had a great game, but could see he was running on empty.

Pretty sure that the team won't have a knock in confidence as a result of this.  Before the sending off we matched them - comfortably.  And if it had stayed 11 v 11 (15) I think we'd have come back for at least a draw.

Last comment - Gogic.  What a fantastic performance he put in.  Again. It's every fecking week.

Love that guy!

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m tired of playing both of the bigot sisters, I tend to switch off from games against both of them and regain any interest when playing the other teams in the league. 
The years of never being on a level playing field and all the bile and media fawning over both clubs, takes its toll. 

The coverage of the game on Sky was also embarrassing. FTOF.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

I can’t speak for anyone else but I’m tired of playing both of the bigot sisters, I tend to switch off from games against both of them and regain any interest when playing the other teams in the league. 
The years of never being on a level playing field and all the bile and media fawning over both clubs, takes its toll. 

The coverage of the game on Sky was also embarrassing. FTOF.

I've enjoyed them more the last couple of seasons as i felt we've competed in most games against them. For a long time we always just huffed and puffed trying to play for a draw and would end up losing 2 or 3 nil.

Yesterday's game was probably the most boring St Mirren game I can remember for a long time. No neutral watching that on TV would've stuck it out for the whole 90mins. I had switched off into the second half, was checking my phone more, amd posted on here while the game was going on.

The triumphalism of their support when they win a game against teams with a fraction of their budget does irritate me. Maybe it's bitterness on my part, but I always think domestic games for them must be so boring. Imagine watching games like that every week.

44 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I've enjoyed them more the last couple of seasons as i felt we've competed in most games against them. For a long time we always just huffed and puffed trying to play for a draw and would end up losing 2 or 3 nil.

Yesterday's game was probably the most boring St Mirren game I can remember for a long time. No neutral watching that on TV would've stuck it out for the whole 90mins. I had switched off into the second half, was checking my phone more, amd posted on here while the game was going on.

The triumphalism of their support when they win a game against teams with a fraction of their budget does irritate me. Maybe it's bitterness on my part, but I always think domestic games for them must be so boring. Imagine watching games like that every week.

That’s what they are all about, pumping diddy teams who have absolutely nowhere near the resources at their disposal, suits your average old firm type.

If it were anything like a level playing field then it would be far more interesting. 

The gap is huge when they have one player who cost four and half million, and our most expensive player is McMenamin at 100K.

Let’s not kid ourselves it will never change as they don’t want it to change. 2 clubs run by bigots funded by bigots and supported by bigots. 

4 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That’s what they are all about, pumping diddy teams who have absolutely nowhere near the resources at their disposal, suits your average old firm type.

If it were anything like a level playing field then it would be far more interesting. 

The gap is huge when they have one player who cost four and half million, and our most expensive player is McMenamin at 100K.

Let’s not kid ourselves it will never change as they don’t want it to change. 2 clubs run by bigots funded by bigots and supported by bigots. 

What gets me is they pump us, them and their sycophants in the media, do the rest of Scottish football down saying it's our fault for not making a good challenge for the league or other trophies, then they themselves get the excuses out when the European big boys pull both their pants down. In those games. "Difference in budget, quality of player" are all trotted out,  If I win the Euro millions I'd buy both and shut them down. Then we'd have a truly competitive exciting top division.

Although we looked reasonably lively early doors, we didn't really get into the game and didn't get a chance to see if we could have a right good go at them, which was the disappointing thing really. I don't think they looked clever at the back but the difference was that even early doors they were having a bit more joy going forward than us.

I think we are a good match as far as they are concerned, as they still want to go to their full backs (as we do) and there was an awful lot of space for them to get to the byline early doors - they were slinging balls in freely and that led to the red card situation as well.

I felt that they played us at our own game a wee bit, they did try to press us when we were on the ball and there were some panicky clearances and touches from us. At the same time, while we struggled to make much impression when we were down to ten, you can see that their defence is easily made quite anxious looking and it isn't going to be long before they are dropping points again.

For our part, the nature of how the game panned out means defensive players looked best and I thought Richard Taylor, Gogic and Hemming (one or two brilliant stops) were our best players yesterday.

It's to be noted that we remain four points ahead of Hearts and six ahead of Hibs and Aberdeen. The two Edinburgh clubs face the OF in turn in the first two games after the break and we need to get points from Dingwall and at home to St Johnstone - do that, and the bubble remains unp***ked, I would say. Fail to get a win in either and we are suddenly winless in five (including League Cup) and it all looks a bit less clever.

18 minutes ago, ford prefect said:

What gets me is they pump us, them and their sycophants in the media, do the rest of Scottish football down saying it's our fault for not making a good challenge for the league or other trophies, then they themselves get the excuses out when the European big boys pull both their pants down. In those games. "Difference in budget, quality of player" are all trotted out,  If I win the Euro millions I'd buy both and shut them down. Then we'd have a truly competitive exciting top division.

That, while when teams do give them a game domestically they go tonto and demand the manager is sacked :D

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Have to agree. This was one of the poorest games I have seen at home in a long time. 

It was ruined by the red card without a doubt. 

Still think we slightly got our tactics wrong with not playing Mandron from the start. Saying that once strain went off it was game over. 

One or two exceptions that is a poor Rangers team. 11 v 11 would have perhaps given us at least a point but we will never know. 

Time to enjoy a break. Regroup and hopefully get full points at County. 

1 hour ago, houston_bud said:

Indeed, that and the flags adorned with the names of places that have their own club. It's almost as if they're flaunting the fact that they're glory hunting. 

DumfriesandGallowayTrueBlues.jpg.cffbc73ab26f74fc709635fb88a39621.jpgGraniteCityTrueBlues.jpg.f71c29f828a75d3e895d53630998288d.jpg

PaisleyLoyal.jpg.1caa8ea49797bb7850234c2ac496fb37.jpg

I travel across Glasgow to Paisley for home games and pass the vicinity of both stadiums en route. The sight of the St Mirren badge often elicits smug grins from their vacuous looking supporters, which indicates an apparent belief in their superiority on account of their allegiance. Perhaps worse are those who angrily shout something like "f**k St. Mirren, youse are shite." 

6 minutes ago, Black_and_White_Stripes said:

Indeed, that and the flags adorned with the names of places that have their own club. It's almost as if they're flaunting the fact that they're glory hunting. 

DumfriesandGallowayTrueBlues.jpg.cffbc73ab26f74fc709635fb88a39621.jpgGraniteCityTrueBlues.jpg.f71c29f828a75d3e895d53630998288d.jpg

PaisleyLoyal.jpg.1caa8ea49797bb7850234c2ac496fb37.jpg

I travel across Glasgow to Paisley for home games and pass the vicinity of both stadiums en route. The sight of the St Mirren badge often elicits smug grins from their vacuous looking supporters, which indicates an apparent belief in their superiority on account of their allegiance. Perhaps worse are those who angrily shout something like "f**k St. Mirren, youse are shite." 

That's why they can't follow St mirren, or other teams like us. A large percentage of them have shite lives and they need the reflective "glory" of winning to make themselves feel better about their situation. They can't handle defeat. Evidenced by the fact that the police visit their worst domestic abusers before OF games to warn them not to batter their wives of the result doesn't go their way. If any other country wants them please go, we'd find our level and have a competitive league.

It was a sending off going by the rules but 28 min in it ruined what could have been a good game. Gogic had a great game Taylor stood out also he can control a ball very well.  O'Hara, wondering if he is still not fully fit or carrying a knock not his dominating self. Hard to say I suppose when your down to 10 men.