St Mirren v Alex Rae’s Sevco Zombies

17 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

I saw no real evidence of shitting the bed. It was a dead even game before Strains moment of madness that basically cost us the match. Even at 1 down and a man down the tactics were good. It was only when we made the changes to formation to try to salvage a point (again timing wise the right decision) that we got caught out. I think shitting the bed is very unfair.  An individual poor decision cost us.

Aye, i got it wrong after having an other think about it and the amount of effort the players put into it. 

Just pissed off we failed to land a glove on them before and after the sending off.

Said before we need better upfront, and i hope Ayunga hits the floor running when he returned. 

Rest of the team is fine. 

Just now, tam the bud said:

Aye, i got it wrong after having an other think about it and the amount of effort the players put into it. 

Just pissed off we failed to land a glove on them before and after the sending off.

Said before we need better upfront, and i hope Ayunga hits the floor running when he returned. 

Rest of the team is fine. 

My brother pre-match spent an hour on his mobile trying to find odds for Rangers to get a penalty. None were available. 

13 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Agree with all of that, but think we should probably have waited another 10 minutes.

And probably McMenamin should have been one of the ones taken off in the first swaps.

He had a great game, but could see he was running on empty.

Pretty sure that the team won't have a knock in confidence as a result of this.  Before the sending off we matched them - comfortably.  And if it had stayed 11 v 11 (15) I think we'd have come back for at least a draw.

Last comment - Gogic.  What a fantastic performance he put in.  Again. It's every fecking week.

Love that guy!

McMenamin was also carrying a yellow card and was walking a tightrope for a second, so it affected his game a bit. Agree he should have been taken off earlier.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dermot-gallagher-amazed-rangers-penalty-31142280

It's literally his job to look out for these types of incidents. Dermot Gallagher being "amazed" that a VAR official, with screens and multiple angle to watch incidents, picked this up probably says more about him as a ref than it does anything else.

As clear cut a pen and red card as you'll see.

7 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dermot-gallagher-amazed-rangers-penalty-31142280

It's literally his job to look out for these types of incidents. Dermot Gallagher being "amazed" that a VAR official, with screens and multiple angle to watch incidents, picked this up probably says more about him as a ref than it does anything else.

Also the shouts for penalty from roofe and at least one other rangers player would have had him looking back as well

This is the same dermot gallagher that said rangers goal in the OF should have stood (it shouldn't have, was correctly overturned), why they have old refs on these shows that clearly wont be up to date with new guidelines etc is beyond me

12 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Couldn't have looked very hard.

The wee barmaid in Gabriel's got 3/1.

I looked myself and could not find anything. Corners and all sorts but not penalties. Next time on please ask her what bookies she got that on. I even typed into Google and nothing came up. 

22 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

One thing's for sure , if the VAR cameras we had in use for the Dundee and Hearts games were in operation here , there's no way that the handball would have been picked up. 

17 minutes ago, billyg said:

One thing's for sure , if the VAR cameras we had in use for the Dundee and Hearts games were in operation here , there's no way that the handball would have been picked up. 

And it points to the further farcical nature of VAR that we have different games refereed to different standards based on whether they are televised. 

What you say is right, if your Dundee game had that camera then it’s likely a goal and vice versa you’d not have suffered a pen and red card had the Dundee levels of VAR been applied. 

Almost like VAR’s primary reason for existence here is to project the league brand as being in line with uefa/fifa standards and very little to do with promoting fairness and accuracy across the board. 

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Yup thats the big issue, either its the same across the board, televised or not, or bin it altogether 

If that handball and red card isnt picked up by VAR then its pointless having it at all, 

On 09/10/2023 at 11:36, Eddie Hitler said:

Would like to see more of Nahmani.

The shot that Grieve took which went miles over the bar, Stav was looking for the "give n go" and had made an intelligent run looking for Greive to slide it back to him. Seems a clever player.

I was surprise he was even on the bench considering his country was under attack the day before the game. 

Given his age, he must have plenty of family and friend over there and he must be worries about them.