Bully Wee v Sons (7/10/23)

We are pish and can't blame an awful refereeing performance on it. If Dumbarton had taken their chances they'd have scored at least 2 more anyway.

We badly need Ray Grant back. There's absolutely f**k all in midfield to play through, even Cuddihy/Scullion wouldn't cut it just now.

Whatever Morton fans think of King, and he definitely has potential, Imrie was absolutely right to send him out of loan to a struggling team. Not dependable and doesn't work hard enough. Hopefully he brings out last weeks second half performance at the very least.

Whyte practically playing right-mid now is awful as well.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

I’d obviously need to see the clip back (and I’m biased) but I still think the first looked offside and whilst there was a coming together for the penalty, the ball was long crossed by the time the two came together. We’ve been stinking though and I’m not sure switching to Leslie in behind Young and Rennie and making us narrower has improved us any. Dumbarton haven’t had much play through the middle outwith the first goal. Just getting doubled up down the flanks constantly.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

So the goal was offside and it was never a penalty? 

I thought it was probably offside but wasn't watching the timing of the pass/run close enough to say for sure. I didn't think it was a penalty, no.

As I've said above, you should have been well clear regardless of those decisions.

Yeah seems like blaming an offside and it not being a pen is clutching at straws 

going off the stats we’ve dominated possession and had 6 attempts so looking at it from the sofa we sound like good value 

I thought it was onside at the first.

I thought the Dumbarton player had lost the ball at the penalty then just ran into Whyte.

The big issue was not booking Malcolm for a blatant shirt pull to stop a Clyde attack. Then (rightly) booking King for similar, so the nasty men all shouted bad words at him. He's looked absolutely rattled since then.

Again, Dumbarton thoroughly deserve a two goal margin.

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Don’t worry lads, the promotion season Clyde would put us to the sword.

Thrilled to have been vindicated with that statement when your season immediately thereafter fell apart at the seams and you got emphatically Annan'd in the playoffs, as you'll do again this season. Delicious.

10 minutes ago, microdave said:

Exact same three scorers as last week. 

Finally giving Ruth a run of games will only make him better. He’s for sure got the goals we need in him! Hopefully he stays free of injury and Faz keeps playing him 

It is a pet peeve of mine that when strikers are on the pitch a midfielder is taking penalties but it’s not worth complaining about

Edited by DobbiesAgent

3 minutes ago, SReplay said:

I think McLean’s time should be up.

It's a tough one, because he's undoubtedly been hamstrung to a great extent by injuries and Duffy's recruitment, and despite some good additions of late we remain really deficient at full back. We haven't had one good 90-minute performance in his time yet, though, which is a massive concern - I wouldn't be at all upset if he were to depart, it's just frustrating that we can't see if he'd fare any better with a full complement.