The Mo v The Wasps 7/10

16 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Two Montrose handballs and an RKO on Sammon in the highlights tonight. Referee's are paid way too much to do so little.

To be fair your RB had 1 possibly 2 clear hand balls and was on a yellow card,ref was poor for both teams absolutely honking so he was.

1 minute ago, mo83 said:

To be fair your RB had 1 possibly 2 clear hand balls and was on a yellow card,ref was poor for both teams absolutely honking so he was.

The usual caveat I've got the footage.... Got to be deliberate or making his body bigger. Having your hand in the air above your head like Dillon or deliberately swatting it out of the air like Gardyne is night and day compared to someone chesting it onto their arm. 

2 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Two Montrose handballs and an RKO on Sammon in the highlights tonight. Referee's are paid way too much to do so little.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

I'm just happy the Alloa keeper couldn't use his hands.  He must put the wind up his defenders.

Looks like the same story as last week, played well without much to show for it. First goal poor, no communication between Devine and Taggs. Thought Roy was a bit of a panic signing but he's proving otherwise so far.

Stil on the fence with Rice but this would be a good time to replace him with a couple of weeks till our next game.

We've got a huge squad this season, we had 8 subs with Morrison, Kev, Robbo, Cammy, Scougall and Donnelly not in the squad. 

Hard fought win with a slice of good fortune by the looks of it.

It's great to see the team having turned a corner in recent weeks since McAllister left. This is the sort of game Montrose would have folded in earlier in the season, so fair play to the manager and the players for getting it together.

McAllister's departure looks to have worked out well for all parties- I see he scored again for Peterhead yesterday and reduced the barber-jacketed Werther's Original rustlers in the Forfar support to a bubbling mess. 😃

On 08/10/2023 at 08:40, PortyMo said:

Certainly looks like we got away with one with Gardynes handball. Dillon one would have been harsh and Sammon was backing into the defender. Any comment on the clear shove on Lyons ??

The initial offence on Lyons may have occurred outside the box but I thought it looked a clear penalty at the time from the stand. Its pretty astonishing that the linesman missed the Gardyne handball.

Definitely deserved a draw at least from the game but Montrose probably due a win over us after so long. Second half performance was pretty good, but still a bleak end to the first quarter.

7 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

The initial offence on Lyons may have occurred outside the box but I thought it looked a clear penalty at the time from the stand. Its pretty astonishing that the linesman missed the Gardyne handball.

Definitely deserved a draw at least from the game but Montrose probably due a win over us after so long. Second half performance was pretty good, but still a bleak end to the first quarter.

Indeed. The late goals conceded against Hamilton and Montrose have been particularly painful, despite only costing us two points.

We've definitely improved with the addition of Roy, in particular, but the defence still looks shaky. Not sure what the solution is there; Neill has been a disappointment for me, but is that because of the system/chopping and changing the personnel? On that subject, I was surprised McKay came on before Morgyn on Saturday.

Scougs and LD being out is a p***er, but Roy and Steven's performances have made up for those in the last two games. (I'm surmised that on Sat's game as I wasn't there- tell me if I'm wrong.)

Also, how was Bobby Wales on Sat?