Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I remember as a kid being absolutely devastated when we lost 3-0 (?) at Ayr in the Scottish Cup.

Gus McPherson scored an OG.

I remember being absolutely devastated as a grown adult losing 2-1 at Somerset in the 15-16 season despite having an extra man playing. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Who's got the one where wee Forrest puts big BRE on his arse? I quite enjoy that one!

Or the one where Jamie Adams smashed Josh Falkingham at EEP, pretty sure someone made a gif of it? May have been @itzdrk

Was a good bit of needle between the two clubs at that point when we were both at the top end of league 1 and it was Johnston and McCall in the dugouts with Moff up there and the whole Joe Cardle/Falkingham vs Jamie Adams thing, Ross Docherty usually liked a bit of the action too. 

That's another one actually i've just remembered of... the incident at Somerset where Joe Cardle just went full Muhammad Ali punching Adams or Murphy square in the face and the ref and lino shat the bed and only booked him??

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I remember as a kid being absolutely devastated when we lost 3-0 (?) at Ayr in the Scottish Cup.

I watched that come through on teletext as a kid, I was fair devastated. 

In recent years we've had a few big games with Ayr, relegation battles and promotions. All good stuff. 

Apart from when we came out second best, it was less good then. 

16 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Or the one where Jamie Adams smashed Josh Falkingham at EEP, pretty sure someone made a gif of it? May have been @itzdrk

Was a good bit of needle between the two clubs at that point when we were both at the top end of league 1 and it was Johnston and McCall in the dugouts with Moff up there and the whole Joe Cardle/Falkingham vs Jamie Adams thing, Ross Docherty usually liked a bit of the action too. 

That's another one actually i've just remembered of... the incident at Somerset where Joe Cardle just went full Muhammad Ali punching Adams or Murphy square in the face and the ref and lino shat the bed and only booked him??

Didn't he get sent off but we appealed it and it ended up getting rescinded?

Nah, Peter Murphy got him a peach at Somerset. He motioned to Murphy's face, I can't remember If there was contact but he got sent off. It made up for the one on Adams where there was contact and wee Cardle got away with it. I just remember Murphy laughing like mutley afterwards. We may have still lost that game? I can't quite remember.

Edit - I love a bit of the dark arts. It adds to the pantomime.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Nah, Peter Murphy got him a peach at Somerset. He motioned to Murphy's face, I can't remember If there was contact but he got sent off. It made up for the one on Adams where there was contact and wee Cardle got away with it. I just remember Murphy laughing like mutley afterwards. We may have still lost that game? I can't quite remember.

Edit - I love a bit of the dark arts. It adds to the pantomime.

I miss those days of having wily old b*****ds in our team...

3 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

I miss those days of having wily old b*****ds in our team...

Murphy's best one was on big Rory McAllister. He's nipping me ref! To the point where McAllister lost it with Murphy and the ref and got sent off. Delicious.

He's not too bad as a manager either. Annan are going alright in League One, a lot of folks expected them to Brechin it but they've been competitive.

Edited by Trogdor

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Murphy's best one was on big Rory McAllister. He's nipping me ref! To the point where McAllister lost it with Murphy and the ref and got sent off. Delicious.

He's not too bad as a manager either. Annan are going alright in League One, a lot of folks expected them to Brechin it but they've been competitive.

McAllister loved a red card against us. I don't think I ever saw him have a good game (despite his scoring record). Very enjoyable.

54 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Or the one where Jamie Adams smashed Josh Falkingham at EEP, pretty sure someone made a gif of it?

I probably have the Falkingham gif on a hard drive somewhere but not readily to hand. In lieu of that my favourite Jamie Adams gif and favourite Ayr v Dunfermline one:

jamie-smash.gif

paton2.gif

3 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Didn't he get sent off but we appealed it and it ended up getting rescinded?

I beleive that was when Murphy nipped the back of his arm, Cardle waved his arm away and Murphy made out Cardle had elbowed him? Something like that. 

Cardle had a punch at someone in another game. He done that quite a bit tbf. 

12 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The half volley into the corner, the collapse as his he put his head in his hands, the crowd not jeering but laughing
Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

21 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Cardle fully punched Muirhead (I think) while playing for Partick against us while they were both lying on the ground. Wasn’t even booked!

He wasn’t called “super Joe” just for cutting inside and taking a shot ya know.