Dunfermline vs Ayr - Sat 21st Oct

I *guess* we improved in the second half and certainly should have scored but that was a very poor performance and a well deserved defeat.

We were awful but Ayr played really well at times and could easily have scored a bagful if it wasn’t for a combination of poor finishing, smart saves and last-ditch tackles. Felt Logan Chalmers absolutely ran us ragged.

The players and coaching staff needed a reaction to the Thistle defeat and despite having three weeks to prepare, that was what was delivered. Really not good enough and already fearful for next week’s derby…

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

I’d say the Joe Chalmers debate has been settled.  Up against 2 guys who have about a dozen first team appearances between them and he gets hooked after half an hour.  

It was a bizarre, and wrong substitution from McPake, who as much as the player had an absolute stinker today. His subs were dresdful. 

The only good thing you can say about that is that we only lost by one, absolutely horrendous. 

Just give Dundee United what they want for Chalmers in January. What a player.

Don't want to jinx anything but I actually think we're beginning to look like a solid team now that the new midfielders have settled in. Add some full backs and a striker + Dempsey coming back we should be fine this season. 

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Don't want to jinx anything but I actually think we're beginning to look like a solid team now that the new midfielders have settled in. Add some full backs and a striker + Dempsey coming back we should be fine this season. 

Chalmers is playing too well!  He won’t be short of offers unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’d say the Joe Chalmers debate has been settled.  Up against 2 guys who have about a dozen first team appearances between them and he gets hooked after half an hour.  

Was it ever reported how much Dunfermline paid for him? It is no exaggeration to say that getting rid of him and replacing him with Kerr McInroy is the only reason why we didn't get relegated then. dreadful "footballer"

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Agreed but thought our full backs did well today.