The Dons of Aberdeen V The Dee of Dundee

31 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Can anyone from Aberdonia help me out please?  What was the name of the clothes shop that used to sell some decent clothing like Massimo Osti Production in the mid ‘90s?  If I remember correctly it overlooked Union Terrace Gardens.

Kafka? 

Moved up the far end of Union street now 

31 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Can anyone from Aberdonia help me out please?  What was the name of the clothes shop that used to sell some decent clothing like Massimo Osti Production in the mid ‘90s?  If I remember correctly it overlooked Union Terrace Gardens.

Hanon? It's shutting down now. They have a great sale on if you like rare new balance trainers. 

19 minutes ago, Big Gus said:

Hanon? It's shutting down now. They have a great sale on if you like rare new balance trainers. 

I don’t think it was Hanon BG as they do a lot more trainers and stuff.  Didn’t realise they were shutting down though.  May have a wee nosey.

Not been a happy hunting ground for us down my 40 years +. Can only remember the glorious night under the lights when Javier ripped them a new arsehole. 
We are miles better than we’ve been for years but the Dons appear to have turned a corner although apparently relapsed last time out ©️ Willie ‘Mr Aberdeen’ Miller. 
I'm tending towards us playing well, dominating possession, but getting suckered 1 zip. 

15 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Not been a happy hunting ground for us down my 40 years +. Can only remember the glorious night under the lights when Javier ripped them a new arsehole. 
We are miles better than we’ve been for years but the Dons appear to have turned a corner although apparently relapsed last time out ©️ Willie ‘Mr Aberdeen’ Miller. 
I'm tending towards us playing well, dominating possession, but getting suckered 1 zip. 

One of best matches, and attacking performances from Dundee, that I recall was when Greg Stewart played for you.

Decent Dons side under McInnes that didn't tend to concede many, but him and Harkins ripped us a new one that afternoon.

We had to rely on a last minute equaliser from The Rat for a 3-3 draw.

Saturday has the feel of the kind of match which seems to be troubling Robson this season.  If we get an early breakthrough, we should be fine - but if, as expected, Doc has Dundee well-organised, then we could struggle as our playing style/tactics seems to be based on being fast on the transition - which is useful for around 20% of our Pittodrie fixtures. 

Width and guile against sides that close down all the space is something that has eluded us so far.

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

One of best matches, and attacking performances from Dundee, that I recall was when Greg Stewart played for you.

Decent Dons side under McInnes that didn't tend to concede many, but him and Harkins ripped us a new one that afternoon.

We had to rely on a last minute equaliser from The Rat for a 3-3 draw.

Saturday has the feel of the kind of match which seems to be troubling Robson this season.  If we get an early breakthrough, we should be fine - but if, as expected, Doc has Dundee well-organised, then we could struggle as our playing style/tactics seems to be based on being fast on the transition - which is useful for around 20% of our Pittodrie fixtures. 

Width and guile against sides that close down all the space is something that has eluded us so far.

I was at that game, you had Goodwillie playing for you at the time and he was getting absolute abuse from us for the whole game. 

A silent spell occurred and one woman in the Dick Donald started singing "David Goodwillie, he shags who he wants". I have never heard a whole stadium booo a single fan like that before.

4 hours ago, Girth said:

Where’s best for a pre game dust up!?

Thank you. 

Has The Derry been banned or something for breaching T&C?

Can't help but feel out home form has suffered a bit due to the lack of anyone offering to square-go women and bairns pre-match this season.

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

Has The Derry been banned or something for breaching T&C?

Can't help but feel out home form has suffered a bit due to the lack of anyone offering to square-go women and bairns pre-match this season.

@Thederry

Best trip to pittodrie for me was the one where Cannigia played his first game for us. The whole hype around it all. Had we really signed him? Would we see him play in the Dark Blue?

Scenes when he tapped in the winner. 

Edited by Big Gus