The Dons of Aberdeen V The Dee of Dundee

I think I would like to see us switch to four at the back for this. I suppose one potential issue is that Jensen either has to play at left-back or one of the three starting centre-backs will need to drop out. If Dundee are going to set out how I expect them to, and how might be wise if they watch back some of our recent struggles, then I can see a case for Barron, Clarkson and McGrath all starting, with Duk the most likely sacrifice. 

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

I think I would like to see us switch to four at the back for this. I suppose one potential issue is that Jensen either has to play at left-back or one of the three starting centre-backs will need to drop out. If Dundee are going to set out how I expect them to, and how might be wise if they watch back some of our recent struggles, then I can see a case for Barron, Clarkson and McGrath all starting, with Duk the most likely sacrifice. 

How do you expect us to set out?

12 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

How do you expect us to set out?

I could obviously be wrong, but probably to be content not having the majority of possession and to minimise running space for the likes of Duk and Miovski. Then to be quick and direct in transitions and counter-attacks. Which, really, is the set up that works best for us at the moment, but we probably can't do it very often at home domestically against non-Old Firm teams. 

21 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I could obviously be wrong, but probably to be content not having the majority of possession and to minimise running space for the likes of Duk and Miovski. Then to be quick and direct in transitions and counter-attacks. Which, really, is the set up that works best for us at the moment, but we probably can't do it very often at home domestically against non-Old Firm teams. 

Yeah, that's pretty much how we play. Think we've averaged about 39% possession in our games so far.

26 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Yeah, that's pretty much how we play. Think we've averaged about 39% possession in our games so far.

I think both managers would ideally want to play like that, at least at the moment, especially as McInnes will be the biggest influence on both of them. 

On 16/10/2023 at 15:48, Derry Alli said:

Lochee.

Anyway; gutted this isn't a late night Friday. Would've loved to have been there. 5 days a week in Aberdeen is grim enough for me.

I lived on Lochee High Street for 3 years in the 80s. Great place.

On 16/10/2023 at 19:17, Shadow Play said:

Can anyone from Aberdonia help me out please?  What was the name of the clothes shop that used to sell some decent clothing like Massimo Osti Production in the mid ‘90s?  If I remember correctly it overlooked Union Terrace Gardens.

Kafka

I see that another red warning has just been issued for the area between Dundee and Stonehaven covering the whole of Saturday.

It's still forecast for rain most of tomorrow in Aberdeen city but it looks like the wind might ease up by dinner time. Depending on how the pitch has held up to all the rain, it might be playable. Given the latest red warning, I wonder if they will now just postpone the game early on safety grounds.

EDIT to add that the ticket office are currently expecting the game to go ahead but apparently there is a meeting at 1PM to discuss it.

Edited by bpdon

32 minutes ago, bpdon said:

I see that another red warning has just been issued for the area between Dundee and Stonehaven covering the whole of Saturday.

It's still forecast for rain most of tomorrow in Aberdeen city but it looks like the wind might ease up by dinner time. Depending on how the pitch has held up to all the rain, it might be playable. Given the latest red warning, I wonder if they will now just postpone the game early on safety grounds.

EDIT to add that the ticket office are currently expecting the game to go ahead but apparently there is a meeting at 1PM to discuss it.

I'm thinking that the game will be off. Lots of roads flooded in and around Dundee will the A90 by tealing closed Northbound. Currently not safe to travel from Dundee up to Aberdeen and I can't see that changing miraculously for tomorrow.

Pitch might be fine but safety of getting fans to the ground is another thing. Which is a shame as we haven't played a game for 3 weeks now.