Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

The first tournament I watched was Euro 2000.

Skooshing qualification tonight is for 2-2 with Belgium and the Faroes, 6-0 in Amsterdam, losing at home to Belarus, losing away to Moldova, 4-0 in Oslo, 1-1 with Macedonia and all the other shite results I've missed 

Thank you Sir Stevie, thank you Scott McTominay, thank you Kenny McLean thank you Scotland. Let's go and win the thing 

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

The only countries to have qualified before us are Belgium, Portugal (from an utterly mince group) and France, with Spain obviously getting there at the same time. That's wild company for Scotland to be in.

But surely Jude Bellengland have already won it?

2 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The only countries to have qualified before us are Belgium, Portugal (from an utterly mince group) and France, with Spain obviously getting there at the same time. That's wild company for Scotland to be in.

image.thumb.png.3e95f92154e26803c92473934e0bd708.png

Beautiful

8 minutes ago, superwell87 said:

The only phrases Scotland fans will need are as follows;

1- A pint of beer please
2- Another pint please
3 - Where is my hotel

I liked the Dom Jolly scene with a guy wearing an England strip sitting on a park bench learning French before the world cup or Euros in France.

He was saying into the device, how do I say” I am going to kick your fucking head in”. And “where is the hospital”. Folk were walking passed not believing what they were hearing.

I went to France 98 when I was 24 for the full 2 weeks of the group stage and had a brilliant time of it.

This time I may or may not go and if I do, maybe for a couple of days around one of the games. (Competing priorities and all that).

To all the young team, step up to the plate and enjoy it.

I can't wait for it, whether I'm here or in Germany.

What a beautiful evening - Germany, wir werden kommen!

Obviously, the draw would have been delicious, but after all of the times we've been sweating on results late on in qualifying, all of the times we've come close yet screwed it up, for all of the completely screwed out of it v Italy moments, to the rank rotten v Georgia, Macedonia ad infinitum, to qualify outright with games in hand, is a truly majestic thing.  Let's not forget, as soon as we saw this group once the draw was made, there was a collective shiting of oneselves as we all reckoned we'd been dealt a particularly cruel hand.

What an amazing qualification campaign it has been, where even in the loss against Spain we were never disgraced.  We should definitely have no fear going into Germany 2024 and whatever happens, it's been a blast so far!