Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

3 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

I went to Germany74, Spain82, Mexico86, Italia90, Sweden92, France98,  missed England96 and after the wilderness years, Euro 2020. 

I might be too old for Euro 24 but I do know someone with a flat in Leipzig, so never say never. 

Anyone who can go, should do it.  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Do it!

4 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

I cannot wait for the draw. No poxy placeholders. Just our flag.

Hopefully as a second seed too.

We'll still get Brazil, France, Germany and Argentina in a Euro first no matter what pot.

England will end up with the Brownies, some village primary 1 last picks and Gibraltar B team.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Do we take it easy in the next two games or try to top the group?

The 2nd goal on Thursday killed our chances of topping the group given Spain won tonight. They will easily beat Georgia and Cyprus in their last 2 games and top the group on goal difference. A 1-0 loss in Spain would have kept it in our own hands. 

We will finish 2nd and be in pot 2 or 3 which to be honest won't matter much and will come down to the luck of the draw. For instance Italy and Holland are currently set for pot 3. 

Edited by Hendricks

Just now, bennett said:

Do we take it easy in the next two games or try to top the group?

Doubt we'll top it as Spain only have Cyprus away then Gerogia home left and are already a distance ahead on goal difference, but we definitely should be going all out to get as good a seeding as possible, be there if the Spanish do slip up, and also build some more confidence 

38 minutes ago, H Wragg said:

I went to France 98 when I was 24 for the full 2 weeks of the group stage and had a brilliant time of it.

This time I may or may not go and if I do, maybe for a couple of days around one of the games. (Competing priorities and all that).

To all the young team, step up to the plate and enjoy it.

I can't wait for it, whether I'm here or in Germany.

I was 24 too, decided at the last minute to go as we could always go to the next one. Best decision ever. Paris Bordeaux and st Etienne, fantastic.

I'd urge any p&bers to go and experience a tournament like this. Such camaraderie amongst rival fans, brilliant.