Norway v Spain - Sunday 15/10/23

1 minute ago, MarkoRaj said:

We won't top the group but if we win both games we can guarantee pot 2 which is massive 

Why is t massive? I may be wrong but looks to me like pots 2 or 3 will be very similar. Is there any other advantages in terms of playing 2 games in the same city or something? 

2 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Why is t massive? I may be wrong but looks to me like pots 2 or 3 will be very similar. Is there any other advantages in terms of playing 2 games in the same city or something? 

Nah, just looks cool to say we’re the best runner up, and in a pot above the likes of Italy, Croatia and Holland.

5 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Call me crazy, but I’d like us to finish strongly and end up in the highest pot possible.

Will we struggle more in the last two games because the pressure's off, or will Georgia Brown and No Way struggle more because they're out and the games are meaningless?

Dunno.

I wonder if Haaland will even bother turning up at Hampden. Mystery groin strain?

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

Call me crazy, but I’d like us to finish strongly and end up in the highest pot possible.

Definitely, I think from a momentum point of view as well it would be great to see us win both, it would also be some way to set us up for the main tournament as well.  Sure the players will have that mindset as well, and likely there will be some on the fringes (Lewis Ferguson for one) desperate to prove a point and show why he deserves more game time as well.  For us this can only be a win-win scenario

2 minutes ago, KirkieRR said:

Will we struggle more in the last two games because the pressure's off, or will Georgia Brown and No Way struggle more because they're out and the games are meaningless?

Dunno.

I wonder if Haaland will even bother turning up at Hampden. Mystery groin strain?

We just said the same. City play Liverpool lunchtime after the next international break too. Norway will have a play off in March and I can see both Man City and Arsenal saying we don't want them playing in a dead rubber but we'll do everything to ensure they are good for you in the spring. 

Edited by Hendricks

58 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The only countries to have qualified before us are Belgium, Portugal (from an utterly mince group) and France, with Spain obviously getting there at the same time. That's wild company for Scotland to be in.

You missed Turkey - as I know as I'm currently getting pissed in Dalyan with a group of Turkish fans.

First half I had the fear every time Haaland had the ball 25 yards from goal or less but man it was really shocking how meek Norway were in the second half. As the commentary said even the crowd were near silent for huge parts of the half. When the board went up for 8 mins injury time I expected some kind of roar to get them going but there was next to nothing. Bizarre.

7 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

You're crazy..... however I agree. Guess that makes me crazy an aw.

50 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Where is the live Scotland training camp footage when you want it?

We're not Chorley FC being drawn away to Man Utd live on the One Show: the squad will have been plotting on shagging everyone in sight next summer as far back as  that winner in Norway - and no doubt they'll do exactly that.

Screenshot_20231015_230227.thumb.jpg.920edf38f58dbcf4db0487a8fce1ecc0.jpg

This may be a classic case of "tone being lost in text" - but this caption just feels like a really cheap and low shot at Patterson.

Not that I expect anything else from the BBC "Journalists" - their attempts at using slang earlier - as I've already poked fun at - were utterly horrible to read through.

They can't ruin the party, though.

3 minutes ago, SReplay said:

Being a teacher and knowing I have hee haw chance of going to Germany is shite. However, knowing we’re going all the way to lift the whole thing softens the blow a touch.

Sickie for the final though, right?