Who’s on the plane?

Donathan

3 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

Brought back memories of seeing previous squads before the Internet was a thing 😂Screenshot_20240522_110524_X.thumb.jpg.0c41aa04bb24f2d356425954787539d8.jpg

Surely to God we're not taking four keepers to the Euros. You'd have to assume one of Gordon / Kelly drops out. Clearly Armstrong and Jack are debatable for fitness but Jack was on Rangers bench last week. Doak also has to be a massive fitness risk. One of those three to drop out inevitably but can't see it being Jack unless he breaks down. So I think Doak drops if Armstrong makes it.

Kelly will drop out if Gordon looks fit enough.

Hanley and Armstrong the others likely to need to prove fitness, but I think Armstrong and Jack will both go anyway, given the former's versatility. So a CB the most likely to be culled along with a GK. I'd be considering Forrest and Taylor to drop out too, but I don't thing Clarke will be.

I'd hoped for Max Johnston to start on the right. I now hope it's McCrorie from those options. Don't fancy Forrest there in the slightest.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Surely to God we're not taking four keepers to the Euros. You'd have to assume one of Gordon / Kelly drops out. Clearly Armstrong and Jack are debatable for fitness but Jack was on Rangers bench last week. Doak also has to be a massive fitness risk. One of those three to drop out inevitably but can't see it being Jack unless he breaks down. So I think Doak drops if Armstrong makes it.

Aye, Kelly is almost certain to drop out I'd imagine.

Along with either Jack or Taylor.

I can't imagine he'd include Doak provisionally if he didn't plan to take him to the full tournament.

Well done Clarke for picking Forrest and Doak, big calls and the type of players we will need at the Euros to presumably come off the bench and make an impact if we are struggling. 

No Ryan Fraser confirms there is  something underneath the surface there, strange. 

We have seven CB's (including KT) though. So six to compete for two places essentially as KT will be gauranteed to start at LCB, is that really necessary? 

You would think out of the 26 to lose their spots, Kelly will be a cert. A Doak/Forrest would be most at risk but i'm hoping it will either Souttar or Cooper.

The squad is about as good as can be expected given the number of injuries, so no problem there. The announcement video, on the other hand, is one of the cringiest pieces of shit I've ever seen. Everyone involved should be embarrassed, and preferably, shot. The Ceefax page disappeared to the next scene before you could even read the full squad, ffs.

I still want Scotland to win the euros, but I'm marginally less enthused after witnessing that cringefest.

8 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I’ll happily be proven wrong but past experience suggests it’s unlikely that an experienced player is cut from the squad ahead of Doak. Unless they’re injured.

Experienced players got cut for Gilmour and Patterson the last time. I think if he's fit he goes, he would basically be a replacement for Fraser from the last Euros squad in terms of the number of attacking players.

I think Kelly and then the other player to drop out may be dictated by fitness as there are quite a few who are in this original squad with injury concerns. I think it is easier to cut someone if it is obvious they are not fully fit.

We've come a long way from the times when most folk were saying Doak wouldn't go, late last year - all that's happened is he hasn't played a minute since!

1 minute ago, Butters Scotch said:

Well done Clarke for picking Forrest and Doak, big calls and the type of players we will need at the Euros to presumably come off the bench and make an impact if we are struggling. 

No Ryan Fraser confirms there is  something underneath the surface there, strange. 

We have seven CB's (including KT) though. So six to compete for two places essentially as KT will be gauranteed to start at LCB, is that really necessary? 

You would think out of the 26 to lose their spots, Kelly will be a cert. A Doak/Forrest would be most at risk but i'm hoping it will either Souttar or Cooper.

I don't think the Fraser issue is under the surface.   He's no been quoted  since he passed Clarke off pulling out a squad when fit

Kelly obviously drops out when it goes to 26. Barring injuries before the decision is made, the other player being cut is most likely a centre back - you've got 7 there just now counting Tierney as one, so one of Cooper/Hanley/Souttar dropping out would still leave plenty of cover there. It's likely dependent on whether Hanley proves his fitness, then Cooper or Souttar drop out if he does.

Jack would never have made a 23 man squad but as extra holding midfield cover in a 26 who only gets game time at the tournament if it's forced by injuries or suspension, fine.

Doak would be the other candidate to drop out, but with the amount of cover at centre back I don't see it.

We’ve technically got 7 centre halves in that squad, I'd imagine one of them might drop out? 7 players competing for 3 positions could be overkill.

One of the keepers (Kelly) and one of the centre halves to drop out I think. 

Reckon Doak and Forrest are guaranteed going to give us something different. Liking the inclusion of McCrorie, think he’s a better option than Ralston

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I don't think the Fraser issue is under the surface.   He's no been quoted  since he passed Clarke off pulling out a squad when fit

That was in 2021 and he played against Ukraine and Turkey in 2022.

2 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

We've come a long way from the times when most folk were saying Doak wouldn't go, late last year - all that's happened is he hasn't played a minute since!

The other thing that happened was the squads expanding to 26.

Posted (edited)

7 centre backs would be overkill if they weren’t injury prone but the likelihood for Tierney, Cooper, Souttar or Hanley getting injured is pretty bloody big so I can see why we have them.

Edited by Jambomo