Rangers v hibs

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

That's pretty pathetic. Any self respecting Hibs fan should be speaking out against this obscenity. Aberdeen have fans that are probably capable of this kind of rubbish and I would be speaking out against them. You're coming across like a Celtic fan.

That’s the thing, I wasn’t even posting it with the expectation that Hibs fans should condemn it or anything like that. I just don’t understand why it can’t or shouldn’t be highlighted though.

2 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Very happy to correct the record there, what happened is Dundee United cheated their way to a win and my head completely went and thus the two-footed jumping in. A minter to read back and the p***k in the Hibs end who shouted that has hopefully been banned.

Luckily the DABs still went down to their natural home in the second tier; regardless of that sectarian, souptaking stitch up.

Give up and get to your bed.

9 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

:lol:

Multiple Aberdeen fans have been caught multiple times mocking the Ibrox disaster. At Pittodrie, at Ibrox, at the darts, just about everywhere imaginable. 

And if any of that despicable shite gets posted normal people like @kingjoey usually call it out for the repulsive shite that it is rather than getting on some weird edgelord pedestal.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

No self-respecting Hibs fan will be browbeaten into going "yes, yes it's true, we are scum" by a support who regularly and gleeful sing about murdering Catholics and wave flags with totenkopfs on them, thank you very much.

My advice would be to focus on your own problems and maybe seek answers from a board that hurt so many of your own supporters through neglect and then pressured the grieving families into silence.

These are the times when you don’t say anything about the other club (regardless of opposition) and you just say “whoever done that in our support is a fanny and it’s totally out of order”.

This whataboutery from you isn’t the answer.

No self-respecting Hibs fan will be browbeaten into going "yes, yes it's true, we are scum" by a support who regularly and gleeful sing about murdering Catholics and wave flags with totenkopfs on them, thank you very much.

My advice would be to focus on your own problems and maybe seek answers from a board that hurt so many of your own supporters through neglect and then pressured the grieving families into silence.

Over 31 teenagers were killed attending the sport we all love.

You need to just stop now mate. 

29 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

:lol:

Multiple Aberdeen fans have been caught multiple times mocking the Ibrox disaster. At Pittodrie, at Ibrox, at the darts, just about everywhere imaginable. 

And they are ignorant twats who should be dealt with, just like those Hibs fans today. Do you agree?

One of the worst attempts at whataboutery on here, which is saying something tbh.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

And they are ignorant twats who should be dealt with, just like those Hibs fans today. Do you agree?

Yes I agree that they're ignorant and it's the behaviour of twats.

They should be dealt with in what sense? If a Rangers fan sees them on the street and wants to try and give them a slap for it, sure.

Not sure about police becoming involved personally. Or, if you want that, then we are going to need a lot of extra jail space to police it consistently.

Because - like it or not - hundreds of fans are doing stuff like this in pubs, on buses, on trains, in group chats every weekend across Britain. It's not whataboutery to point that out. So unless you're going to have a consistent standard held, I think it would be incredibly dodgy to cherry pick who gets lifted for this.

Giving it oxygen by going "DAILY RECORD EXCLUSIVE: LOOK HOW SHOCKING THIS IS, THINK OF THE POOR FAMILIES (who now know because we've helped to make it very public)" or RFC1872AyeReady going "IMAGINE HOW THE FAMILIES WILL FEEL WHEN THEY SEE THIS (statistically increasing with every post like this that I make) is not something I particularly agree with. 

23 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Yes I agree that they're ignorant and it's the behaviour of twats.

They should be dealt with in what sense? If a Rangers fan sees them on the street and wants to try and give them a slap for it, sure.

Not sure about police becoming involved personally. Or, if you want that, then we are going to need a lot of extra jail space to police it consistently.

Because - like it or not - hundreds of fans are doing stuff like this in pubs, on buses, on trains, in group chats every weekend across Britain. It's not whataboutery to point that out. So unless you're going to have a consistent standard held, I think it would be incredibly dodgy to cherry pick who gets lifted for this.

Giving it oxygen by going "DAILY RECORD EXCLUSIVE: LOOK HOW SHOCKING THIS IS, THINK OF THE POOR FAMILIES (who now know because we've helped to make it very public)" or RFC1872AyeReady going "IMAGINE HOW THE FAMILIES WILL FEEL WHEN THEY SEE THIS (statistically increasing with every post like this that I make) is not something I particularly agree with. 

Last month a Sheffield Wednesday fan was charged by the police for mocking the death of a young Sunderland fan in the same way as the Hibs fans were mocking the Ibrox disaster today.

Edited by kingjoey

8 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

Because - like it or not - hundreds of fans are doing stuff like this in pubs, on buses, on trains, in group chats every weekend across Britain.

Surely you can at least on the most minor level of condemnation see the distinction between making a crude joke in private and literally putting stickers on at the location of the tragedy that you're mocking? 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Last month a Sheffield United fan was charged by the police for mocking the death of a young Sunderland fan in the same way as the Hibs fans were mocking the Ibrox disaster today.

Yes, that's my point? I know it happens and my problem is that it happens completely sporadically and depending on what gets the most outrage generated.

And this then means that instead of staying as something vile that never reaches the poor Lowery family, they are then made aware of it through the outrage and fallout from it.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Yes, that's my point? I know it happens and my problem is that it happens completely sporadically and depending on what gets the most outrage generated.

And this then means that instead of staying as something vile that never reaches the poor Lowery family, they are then made aware of it through the outrage and fallout from it.

You're right. Best just ignore it and it'll go away.

14 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Last month a Sheffield United fan was charged by the police for mocking the death of a young Sunderland fan in the same way as the Hibs fans were mocking the Ibrox disaster today.

It was a Sheffield Wednesday fan mate. Not being smart but just wanted to make sure the right clubs fans were shamed.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It was a Sheffield Wednesday fan mate. Not being smart but just wanted to make sure the right clubs fans were shamed.

Shit. I knew that and thought I'd typed in the correct Sheffield. Predictive shite. Apologies.