Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

Fly to Amsterdam tomorrow, getting a train to Venlo near the German border.

Thursday Venlo to Munich for 2 nights.

Saturday going to Duisburg for a week & travelling to Cologne on the day for Swiss game.

Next Saturday to Stuttgart for 2 days then back to Amsterdam Monday & home on the Tuesday.

Have tickets for Hungary only.

10 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Nervous tension building,

finding myself checking and double checking my bookings waiting for a disaster to befall my travel plans! 4 trains from home to Munich it’s starting to get real 

roll on Friday! 

1 flight and 2 trains to Munich. Leave at 5am tomorrow. No danger I’m sleeping :lol: 

6 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Posted elsewhere, but maybe this is a better place:

I would assume most people have booked for the group stages - curious if Scotland get out of the group stage, do people plan to extend their stay, fly back out for games or watch on TV?

Will watch on TV. But if we make the semi’s. I’ll go over again. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley

2 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

Fly to Amsterdam tomorrow, getting a train to Venlo near the German border.

Thursday Venlo to Munich for 2 nights.

Saturday going to Duisburg for a week & travelling to Cologne on the day for Swiss game.

Next Saturday to Stuttgart for 2 days then back to Amsterdam Monday & home on the Tuesday.

Have tickets for Hungary only.

Thought you’d be motorbiking it to Switzerland?

Heading out on Thursday. Plane from Edinburgh down to Frankfurt. Then getting train to Munich on Friday arriving about lunchtime. Didn’t manage to get tickets for game so will be watching in Fanzone, for those doing similar what sort of time will they be heading to it? I see it opens at 1pm and holds 25,000. 

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Heading out on Thursday. Plane from Edinburgh down to Frankfurt. Then getting train to Munich on Friday arriving about lunchtime. Didn’t manage to get tickets for game so will be watching in Fanzone, for those doing similar what sort of time will they be heading to it? I see it opens at 1pm and holds 25,000. 

Might tell them to shove their fanzone if this is anything to go by......

IMG-20240611-WA0016.jpg

I don’t think the prices are awful. You can easily pay prices like that in Glasgow and Edinburgh bars these days. It’s a free entry screening and you’re paying for the atmosphere.

5 hours ago, super-son said:

I don’t think the prices are awful. You can easily pay prices like that in Glasgow and Edinburgh bars these days. It’s a free entry screening and you’re paying for the atmosphere.

The bars in Munich themselves will be about that price, too, anyway.

£5.50 for a pint of Premium Beer in the Fan Zone at the Euros. What were people expecting it to be?!

Incase anyone doesn't know, Radler is a lemonade shandy and Russ(e) is wheat beer shandy.

As bad as that is, given the pride Germans have in the  Reinheitsgebot, they also have CoWei which is wheat beer mixed with cola.

Edited by Arch Stanton

1 hour ago, Arch Stanton said:

Incase anyone doesn't know, Radler is a lemonade shandy and Russ(e) is, almost unbelievably given the pride Germans have in the  Reinheitsgebot, wheat beer mixed with cola.

Or go full batshit crazy and put Fanta in your beer

Anyone bought an ICE train ticket recently? Went to sort my Cologne to Stuttgart travel for a game we're catching on the Sunday and the €30 option has disappeared. Were they limited availability?

6 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Anyone bought an ICE train ticket recently? Went to sort my Cologne to Stuttgart travel for a game we're catching on the Sunday and the €30 option has disappeared. Were they limited availability?

That will likely have been an advanced fare which are limited as you say. Don't think full price is anything too outrageous mind you.

14 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Yeah, they were.

5 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

€150 for the trains we planned. Can get it down to €90 using a local train part of the way. 

You could check out Flix, they do trains as well as buses on some routes.

Is the Fan Zone where the vast majority of non-ticket holding Scotland fans will be watching the game?

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Incase anyone doesn't know, Radler is a lemonade shandy and Russ(e) is wheat beer shandy.

As bad as that is, given the pride Germans have in the  Reinheitsgebot, they also have CoWei which is wheat beer mixed with cola.

Radlers are fantastic IMO 

PXL_20230928_145939332.jpg