Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, RonnieSmfc said:

Anyone know of anywhere doing day trips etc for Scotland matches I know this will probably be expensive but would pay the extra to avoid the stress. 

Thanks. 

https://www.worldchoicesports.co.uk/packages/football/euro-2024/

You could also try wonkysheep but I suspect they’ll have sold out. 

or this - https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/19100-2-prime-tickets-and-direct-return-flights-edinburgh-to-stuttgart-available/

Edited by PSJ.84

I don't think you'll get day trips as with a few exceptions there's tight regulation on flights leaving too late from most German airports (they've had to make exemptions to the law for national teams to fly back to their base after games). That's why even Wonky Sheep who tend to fly after games a lot of the time have their Stuttgart flight home the day after.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wow, those prices are wild. 

I'm about £1600 for flights, hotels, trains and tickets for 11 nights for the group games! 

£1,300 for 2 night trip to Stuttgart, from Edinburgh including a hotel "within 10km of city centre".

I literally booked my own two weeks ago after getting 2 tickets in the last sale. Two of us from Edinburgh for the same two nights staying in a hotel 1.6km from the stadium £1,200 in total (so £600 each). Granted my flights are to Karlsruhe, not Stuttgart so I'll need to for out another £50 or so each way for train tickets. Still half the price.

For anyone thinking of purchasing the Deutschland Ticket (aka €49 ticket), it was dead easy though the MVV app.

This is the app for the Munich Transport area and the purchase process was all in English. 

The ticket has been documented on here already but, as a recap, it allows for unlimited local and regional transport for a month, in our case June (although we can all dream about July too 😛).

It is a subscription so you must remember to cancel before the 10th of June or else it will auto-renew for another €49.

On 15/05/2024 at 13:37, Arch Stanton said:

For anyone thinking of purchasing the Deutschland Ticket (aka €49 ticket), it was dead easy though the MVV app.

This is the app for the Munich Transport area and the purchase process was all in English. 

The ticket has been documented on here already but, as a recap, it allows for unlimited local and regional transport for a month, in our case June (although we can all dream about July too 😛).

It is a subscription so you must remember to cancel before the 10th of June or else it will auto-renew for another €49.

Got a link for something similar in Dusseldorf /Köln area as that’s where we’re based

Not bothering going to Munich as we only arrive on the 13th but heading to Köln and Stuttgart on matchdays

Arriving in Stuttgart the night of 13th but getting the flixbus to Munich the next morning.  So if any of you are tempted to go, check it out.

I am not taking the return journey though.  We are heading to Zurich the day after Germany to watch their game against Hungary then back to Stuutgart a day later.

6 hours ago, MarkoP said:

Got a link for something similar in Dusseldorf /Köln area as that’s where we’re based

Not bothering going to Munich as we only arrive on the 13th but heading to Köln and Stuttgart on matchdays

It doesn't matter which regional transport app you buy the Deutschland ticket on, it's valid for the entire country so if as Arch says it's easy to buy on the MVV app you'd be as well buying it on there as some of the other regional transport providers have barely functioning apps. 

Just got an email to say my Cologne apartment booking was cancelled for no reason

Might end up having to just patch it, everywhere is so much more expensive than it was before

49 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Just got an email to say my Cologne apartment booking was cancelled for no reason

Might end up having to just patch it, everywhere is so much more expensive than it was before

The number of people being "gazumped" by greedy airbnb type owners (not saying it was an Airbnb but you get the gist) is unbelievable. Short term letting is the wild west despite allegedly being regulated. 

We are based in a hotel in Stuttgart but got Airbnb in Munich, Zurich and Cologne as part of our trip.  Been half expecting for hotel or flight changes and Airbnb issues but so far all is well.

I have told my mate to open a dialogue with hotel to see if we can get perks like upgrade, cheaper breakfasts and free shuttle buses.

I have had an open dialogue from day one with our Aibnbs.  Told them it was two hairy arsed Scotsmen coming for football before we booked and all 3 were OK with it. 

Kept dialogue open regards what we are doing when we arrive and depart.  So far all 3 have been good in responding, so fingers crossed.

But you are right.  Hearing lots of stories about fans being ripped off late in the day.  Got me wondering is it just us or are all the nations finding the same issues?

If anyone is looking for accommodation in Stuttgart we have a spare hotel room (double room) which we are looking to offload.  Check-in Saturday 22 June and check-out Monday 24 June.   £285 total.

It is 10km north of Stuttgart, 40 mins to get into the city using public transport or 20mins in a taxi.

PM me if you are interested.

Apologies if asked and answered elsewhere.

Our train tickets from Munich to Stuttgart are 29.90 each way, so that part is sorted.

With regard to the free travel in/around Stuttgart on the  day of the game- do you still need to go and ask for an s-bahn or u-bahn ticket at the station and show your match ticket to get it free, or is there some other process?

1 hour ago, SouthLanarkshireWhite said:

Apologies if asked and answered elsewhere.

Our train tickets from Munich to Stuttgart are 29.90 each way, so that part is sorted.

With regard to the free travel in/around Stuttgart on the  day of the game- do you still need to go and ask for an s-bahn or u-bahn ticket at the station and show your match ticket to get it free, or is there some other process?

You get your pass on the Euro 2024 app. Should be on there the beginning of next month. 

Posted (edited)

If people are willing to travel a little bit my friend and I are basing ourselves in Augsburg. There was still some pretty cheap accommodation last time I looked.

It’s easy to get to both Munich and Stuttgart from there. Cologne is longer but we got the train booked for €59 each using the fan tickets, so it’s not too bad. As long as you don’t fall asleep on the train and miss the connection. 

Edited by Jambomo

1 hour ago, Jambomo said:

If people are willing to travel a little bit my friend and I are basing ourselves in Augsburg. There was still some pretty cheap accommodation last time I looked.

It’s easy to get to both Munich and Stuttgart from there. Cologne is longer but we got the train booked for €59 each using the fan tickets, so it’s not too bad. As long as you don’t fall asleep on the train and miss the connection. 

I'm going to two games in Munich (a few days after the Scotland game) and have managed to get 5 nights at an Ibis in Augsburg for less than £400. That was a good £200 less than far shabbier looking accomodation in Munich for the same days.

We’re also in Augsburg for the first four days. Looks a nice place. Selfishly booked there as it’s always nice to visit new places, and I’ve already been to Munich.