Euro 2024 Travel arrangements

Connor7

1 hour ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Today is the deadline @thistledo You'll get charged for July if done after tonight...

Ah nice one, cheers mate. 

ETA: Sorted now, for 29 euros, bargain I think considering how much it's likely to get used while we're out there. 

Think that's pretty much the last of the travel and accommodation costs for me, the rest is beer and scran money.  

Edited by thistledo

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Nervous tension building,

finding myself checking and double checking my bookings waiting for a disaster to befall my travel plans! 4 trains from home to Munich it’s starting to get real 

roll on Friday! 

I've got 3 and a flight 😅😅

Nervous tension building,

finding myself checking and double checking my bookings waiting for a disaster to befall my travel plans! 4 trains from home to Munich it’s starting to get real 

roll on Friday! 

Your idea of 4 trains to Munich actually sounds like a good laugh, are you doing that all consecutively with a sleeper involved or overnights at some locations? I know you've probably posted it already, but what's the route you're taking as I don't recall seeing it.

Even though we're doing two flights, it's still going to involve an hour on the bus likely and then a train, kinda mad to think considering it's only Munich. 

Edited by thistledo

47 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Your idea of 4 trains to Munich actually sounds like a good laugh, are you doing that all consecutively with a sleeper involved or overnights at some locations? I know you've probably posted it already, but what's the route you're taking as I don't recall seeing it.

Even though we're doing two flights, it's still going to involve an hour on the bus likely and then a train, kinda mad to think considering it's only Munich. 

Leaving midnight arriving Munich 9pm Thursday 

Sleeper to London - Brussels (2hours for lunch/beers) -Frankfurt  (13mins connection time) - Munich (u/s bahn to hotel) 

was meant to be doing the same in reverse home but booked the flight from memmingham on the Saturday morning for cheaper than price of the sleeper bunks 

actually looking forward to the train journeys couple bottles of wine beers and dvt 

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

7 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Sleeper to London - Brussels (2hours for lunch/beers) -Frankfurt  (13mins connection time) - Munich (u/s bahn to hotel) 

was meant to be doing the same in reverse home but booked the flight from memmingham on the Saturday morning for cheaper than price of the sleeper bunks 

actually looking forward to the train journeys couple bottles of wine beers and dvt 

I suspect we may be on the same trains out of London.

I also suspect we will be in Frankfurt for longer than 13 minutes...

6 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

I suspect we may be on the same trains out of London.

I also suspect we will be in Frankfurt for longer than 13 minutes...

My hope in Frankfurt is that the man in seat 61 is correct and the walk between platforms is very quick, I think we’re coming in pt4 and leaving from pt7 although I believe there is delays from Frankfurt to Munich due to the flooding 

Just now, Don Diego De la Vega said:

My hope in Frankfurt is that the man in seat 61 is correct and the walk between platforms is very quick, I think we’re coming in pt4 and leaving from pt7 although I believe there is delays from Frankfurt to Munich due to the flooding 

We're going to Augsburg (though we're arriving into 9 and leaving from 19 so maybe not the same train after all) - but there is already a notification we can use any train so I expect we will likely miss our connection.

Yeah sounds decent and the sleeper takes a lot of the burden away, love a train journey, but staying in Berlin most of the time means we'll have plenty so opted to fly. 

Deep Vein Thrombosis? 

Posted elsewhere, but maybe this is a better place:

I would assume most people have booked for the group stages - curious if Scotland get out of the group stage, do people plan to extend their stay, fly back out for games or watch on TV?

8 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

I would assume most people have booked for the group stages - curious if Scotland get out of the group stage, do people plan to extend their stay, fly back out for games or watch on TV?

I’ll be flying home the day after the third group game. If we get through, I’d consider going back out if it’s a weekend game, could do it for £500 max and only needing one day off work. That probably wouldn’t be feasible so would likely watch at home.

I do know people with three weeks booked off and no return flight booked.

Booked in Berlin until after the QFs, have a spread of R16 and QF tickets in case Scotland progress, might go to a couple or just sell the lot and go home early if we don't get out of the group stage, depends on how much I'm enjoying Berlin.

27 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

I decided to skip Munich (tickets more expensive and less likely to get anyway) which meant 3 weeks off work would cover as far as the QFs. We don't have accommodation for the third week or a return ferry booked. If we do a Wales and make the semis I might ask for more time off work and I'm considering taking my work laptop with me. If I couldn't get tickets I'd probably rather come home.

I've got two tickets for the R16 match in Berlin where we'll go if we're 2nd in our group, and one for Cologne where we could be if we're third. I wanted Frankfurt because if we go through as a third-placed team we have a 50% chance of being there but I've more than used up my luck. I'm sure it will be easy to get rid of tickets I don't need.

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

Leaving day after final group game, most likely come back if it's a weekend game, gonna be a tough one to plan last minute but it would be a nice problem to have! 

4 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Having to make your way to the very front of the train to head out onto the concourse is not the only way of switching platforms. There is also an underpass, stairs to which are about 2/5ths of the platform away from the front. 

Edited by German Jag

22 minutes ago, German Jag said:

Having to make your way to the very front of the train to head out onto the concourse is not the only way of switching platforms. There is also an underpass, stairs to which are about 2/5ths of the platform away from the front. 

Fantastic, great info to know ahead 

thank you 

4 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

I'm flying home on the 25th but would definitely fly back out if we had a weekend game in the knockouts. If it's a week day I'd need to see what the work situation was like but I should get a ticket with my SSC points so I think I'd have to make it work one way or another.