March and June friendlies

Donathan

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

Based on having kids aged 19 and 15 that for various reasons at different times missed a lot of school, plus my wife being a secondary school teacher.

Teachers are winding down and prep and correction are minimal, they're all knackered, plus they have the pretence of starting the next year's curriculum while knowing the pupils will have forgotten most of it by the time they come back.

Irrelevant to this thread, but relevant to those wondering about taking their kids out of school for Germany.

Yeah I think MT will have his own insight on that.

Posted (edited)

I would use these friendlies, or a portion of them, to test out Barron and try a few options at right wing back.

Also, McTominay played In the false 9 position against Newcastle and done really well. I'd give that a go, too.

The players do need a rest, though, so I'd use a lot of subs.

Edited by SlayerX

On 17/05/2024 at 18:58, Skyline Drifter said:

................... And as if by magic, without replying to my email. Details are now out.

1,500 tickets which they expect to satisfy demand. Sales start Monday 10am for 21 points and above. My boy can buy from 9am Wednesday morning so that's our slot.

@Pie Of The Month or anyone else who has any insight.

I've logged in to night as I'm on 11 points and can buy now. However, my son shouldn't be able to buy till tomorrow morning.

Never the less it's letting me pick as many tickets as I want basically. It's letting me select and put 50 tickets in my basket if I like. I don't want 50 tickets obviously, 2 will do fine. Do we think I'm safe to do so now or should I still wait till tomorrow morning?

It certainly doesn't appear as if there's any shortage so I'm inclined to wait till tomorrow anyway. I want his ticket properly allocated to him for points purposes.

Cheers

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

@Pie Of The Month or anyone else who has any insight.

I've logged in to night as I'm on 11 points and can buy now. However, my son shouldn't be able to buy till tomorrow morning.

Never the less it's letting me pick as many tickets as I want basically. It's letting me select and put 50 tickets in my basket if I like. I don't want 50 tickets obviously, 2 will do fine. Do we think I'm safe to do so now or should I still wait till tomorrow morning?

It certainly doesn't appear as if there's any shortage so I'm inclined to wait till tomorrow anyway. I want his ticket properly allocated to him for points purposes.

Cheers

When you select buy now after they are in your basket you'll need to allocate each ticket to yourself or a member of your friends and family group. It won't let you buy them if they aren't all allocated to different members with the required number of points so if you want to buy both at the same time you'll need to wait until tomorrow morning.

10 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

When you select buy now after they are in your basket you'll need to allocate each ticket to yourself or a member of your friends and family group. It won't let you buy them if they aren't all allocated to different members with the required number of points so if you want to buy both at the same time you'll need to wait until tomorrow morning.

Thanks. Fair enough then. It didn't look like it was making me do that but maybe didn't go far enough in the process. It's no big deal anyway. Clearly there will be loads of them tomorrow. It was letting me pick centre main stand! I'll deal with it in the morning.

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thanks. Fair enough then. It didn't look like it was making me do that but maybe didn't go far enough in the process. It's no big deal anyway. Clearly there will be loads of them tomorrow. It was letting me pick centre main stand! I'll deal with it in the morning.

I presume absolutely nobody has bought a ticket in the last 12 hours as it offered me the same two seats! 😆

Tickets bought (I see they are being distributed via the Hampden Park App now rather than picked up on site). Away to source flights and hotel now......

Clarke has used Adams and Dykes reasonably effectively , tends to be Dykes when we're up against it and we want that option to go a bit more direct and he can wrestle and rough up defenders and Adams when we have more of the ball and look to link the front a bit more and slide him in down the sides. Shankland as good as he has been looks like a back up, unless he can bang a few goals in the friendlies. I dont see these three being shunned to the side so we can try mctominay as a false 9.

I cant make the Finland game - what's the best way to pass on/sell the ticket?

I assume it doesn't need to be someone in the SSC, all they need is the app right?

If it is someone in the SSC, what happens to the point, do they collect it? Does it stay with me or does it disappear completely?

34 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I cant make the Finland game - what's the best way to pass on/sell the ticket?

I assume it doesn't need to be someone in the SSC, all they need is the app right?

If it is someone in the SSC, what happens to the point, do they collect it? Does it stay with me or does it disappear completely?

As far as we could gather from the Northern Ireland game, it appears they are not using the scan data from home games to update SSC records (though they should) and that buyers who either didn't use their NI ticket or transferred it to someone else, still got the point for it.

As far as I know you can transfer the tickets to anyone who has the app.

14 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Neither Finland nor Gibraltar have turned up on the App yet.

I got an email back to say they will appear 2-3 days before the game

John Carver spoke to the media yesterday. Discussed controlling the excitement, player fitness status, the two friendlies, Learning from the past experience, Germany, Ben Doak and the younger generation, Euro's preparation and also said he hadn't spoken about the goalkeeping situation with Steve Clarke (hmm, not sure if he's telling a wee porky there) 😄.

Nothing too interesting or revealing in all honesty. Never sure how to take Carver most of the time, sometimes I think he's a bombscare in front of the press and at others sends out good messages, but you can see why the players will like him.

Selling my ticket for Finland game as can't go now. It's in the north stand - section C1 near the back.

£30

Obviously you have to have the Hampden ticket app and I'll transfer the ticket the morning of the game when available.

2 hours ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Selling my ticket for Finland game as can't go now. It's in the north stand - section C1 near the back.

£30

Obviously you have to have the Hampden ticket app and I'll transfer the ticket the morning of the game when available.

Ticket is available to transfer now. It's only the QR code that's issued morning of the game.