March and June friendlies

Donathan

12 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, thats not as clear as you are implying.

How so? I went back and checked. 

For competitive games, where Dykes and Adams have both been available, Dykes has only started ahead of Adams 4 times.

Not sure what isn't clear about that 

7 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

How so? I went back and checked. 

For competitive games, where Dykes and Adams have both been available, Dykes has only started ahead of Adams 4 times.

Not sure what isn't clear about that 

Did you factor in the number of times Adams started when Dykes was unavailable, or the number they started together rather than one or the other? 

How many times in the same period has Adams started ahead of Dykes when it was a straight choice? 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Did you factor in the number of times Adams started when Dykes was unavailable, or the number they started together rather than one or the other? 

Yes - in times when they have both been available and Clarke has chosen to go with one up top - Dykes has got the nod 4 times

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

How many times in the same period has Adams started ahead of Dykes when it was a straight choice? 

35 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

Yes - in times when they have both been available and Clarke has chosen to go with one up top - Dykes has got the nod 4 times

Did you miss this question, or ignore it? 

In isolation your stat says nothing. 

They've got different strengths; I doubt Clarke thinks of one as being the first choice over the other.

Dunno if stats bear this out, but it's always seemed to me that Adams is great for holding the ball up and making a nuisance of himself while his teammates get into space, while Dykes is more of a battering ram who also makes a nuisance of himself by being a goal threat. Clarke seems to like using Adams to wear the opposition out, then applying a little fresh Dykes when they're about to tire. Both are necessary for that strategy to work, and Adams starting the game doesn't make him more important overall.

Looking forward to seeing that I've imagined this and it hardly ever happens  :P

1 hour ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

How many times has Adams been chosen in this situation?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

They've got different strengths; I doubt Clarke thinks of one as being the first choice over the other.

I kind of it look at it this way. In a nutshell: Dykes if we go direct and Adams if we look to play football.

Probably been covered already but (correct me if I'm wrong) this Netherlands game is only available to view via the Viaplay platform tonight? ... Bloody marvellous.

Come the general election later this year I'm only voting for candidates that will return our games to free to view platforms. Not a problem for the English though ... 😐

On 21/03/2024 at 11:16, 2426255 said:

The Shankland scenario has got good potential for irritation and disappointment amongst the support when the lineup's announced tomorrow. Fans and Managers are so often on different wavelengths. As a fan, I'd find it fascinating if Shankland starts - but I haven't a clue whether it will be beneficial for the management to see that.

If he doesn't start then you have to assume it isn't beneficial enough. I'm expecting that he probably won't start. If that's how it plays out I'll assume there's logical reasoning behind it. That's all you can really do imo as we don't have the full picture.

Clarke finally bows down to fan pressure.

15 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Long time since I was in a pub playing radio football coverage.

f**k. Just checked the listings and you're right. Thanks for that. That's what I get for trusting Flashscore who said TV/Live Streaming "BBC Scotland, Viaplay".

I was in a pub playing BBC Radio Scotland over some foreign channel for France vs Scotland years ago. We heard the McFadden goal while Gordon still hadn't taken the goal kick. Very bizarre celebration.

On 20/03/2024 at 19:47, MarkoRaj said:

Souttar has been in great form recently and if he is fit it's a great option to have, particularly as a ball-playing replacement for Tierney should the worst happen. 

Take it back, if Tierney gets injured we should just forfeit all games

5 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

I take it back about Souttar. 

Good footballer but had a mare tonight whereas Porteous and Hendry were both pretty solid, they deserve their place in Germany as it stands.

So they were right? You talk PISH?