March and June friendlies

Donathan

1 hour ago, Alan Twelve said:

Without looking, can you guess who the only player in short sleeves is?

I looked. 😁 To be fair I thought it might have been him, but there were a few others I thought it might have been as well. Scott McKenna didn't appear in any of the pictures and he would also be a contender to do that.

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

I looked. 😁 To be fair I thought it might have been him, but there were a few others I thought it might have been as well. Scott McKenna didn't appear in any of the pictures and he would also be a contender to do that.

I guessed Dykes, Gilmour or Porteous. Then looked. I was wrong.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

2 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Mckenna didn't train. Being assessed for an issue from the weekends game but nothing confirmed either way.

11 hours ago, 2426255 said:

John Carver's Press Conference for anyone who wants to see it.

The last bit wrt Hendry is interesting.

I no longer think he’s guaranteed to be on the plane if everyone’s fit. I think it would become hard to justify his inclusion over Souttar, especially if Souttar ends up winning a treble.

No way Hendry isn't going if fit. For me Porteous, Hendry and Tierney are in possession of the centre-half positions and only a fully fit Hanley (which is looking at least doubtful) *might* get into the lineup ahead of them. 

8 hours ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

The last bit wrt Hendry is interesting.

I no longer think he’s guaranteed to be on the plane if everyone’s fit. I think it would become hard to justify his inclusion over Souttar, especially if Souttar ends up winning a treble.

Why would the number of trophies Rangers win have any bearing on it?

Souttar has been in great form recently and if he is fit it's a great option to have, particularly as a ball-playing replacement for Tierney should the worst happen. I think our back 3 is pretty settled though, can't see anyone forcing their way into the starting line up

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Why would the number of trophies Rangers win have any bearing on it?

If he’s playing well for a team that’s winning trophies while Hendry is playing in a retirement league and Cooper/Hanley are struggling for minutes then obviously this will have a bearing on Clarke’s thoughts.

18 minutes ago, Jaggy McJagface said:

If he’s playing well for a team that’s winning trophies while Hendry is playing in a retirement league and Cooper/Hanley are struggling for minutes then obviously this will have a bearing on Clarke’s thoughts.

Form at club level and fitness are obviously big factors. Rangers winning two, one or zero trophies in the next ten games won’t influence Clarke’s decision though.

Gunn

Patterson
Hendry
Porteous/Souttar
Tierney
Robertson

Christie
Gilmour

McGinn
McTominay
Armstrong

Adams.

Ryan Christie should be tried in the deeper role IMO. He's been very good in the EPL so his inclusion is warranted.

Edited by paddymcp

We should start Shankland against the Netherlands imo. We know he can perform against the calibre of defenders Northern Ireland have, playing him on Friday would give us more of an idea of how much he can offer us in Germany.

On 19/03/2024 at 22:25, 2426255 said:

John Carver's Press Conference for anyone who wants to see it.

I like the cut of his jib. Comes across really well in that. I can see why the players would get on well with him.

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

We should start Shankland against the Netherlands imo. We know he can perform against the calibre of defenders Northern Ireland have, playing him on Friday would give us more of an idea of how much he can offer us in Germany.

By us I'm guessing you mean the fans? From a fan perspective it would be interesting to see no doubt, but I don't think what fans want to see will factor into Clarke's thinking for the game.