March and June friendlies

Donathan

We need RADICAL changes after that spineless, gutless shit show in March. The players need to show more heart and desire, they didn't want it enough or fight for the jersey. To that end I think we MUST shake it all up ahead of the Euro's. Firmation, players and gaffer.

Starting XI against Germany:

• Gunn, Robertson, Tierney, Porteous and Ralston (He deserves a crack at it as Patto's oot eh form).
  • Gilmour, McTominay, McGinn and Ferguson (Star man).
  • Shankland, Conway (Young prospect wildcard)

Manager: 2426255

High press. 442. On the front foot. Get after them! Goals, Goals, Goals. Confidence. Elation. Joy. Happiness. Bring the trophy home. 🏆🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by 2426255

7 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

We need radical changes after that spineless, gutless shit show in March. The players need to show more desire. To that end I think we shake it all up ahead of the Euro's. Firmation, players and gaffer.

Gunn, Robertson, Tierney, Porteous and Ralston (He deserves a crack at it as Patto's oot eh form).

Gilmour, McTominay, McGinn and Ferguson (Star man).

Shankland, Conway (Young prospect wildcard)

high press, 442, on the front foot, goals - goals - goals.

McLean for Porteous imo. 

55 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

We need radical changes after that spineless, gutless shit show in March. The players need to show more desire. To that end I think we shake it all up ahead of the Euro's. Firmation, players and gaffer.

Gunn, Robertson, Tierney, Porteous and Ralston (He deserves a crack at it as Patto's oot eh form).

Gilmour, McTominay, McGinn and Ferguson (Star man).

Shankland, Conway (Young prospect wildcard)

high press, 442, on the front foot, goals - goals - goals.

Needs more Gauld

I got the Gibraltar poll email today, just checked my other email for my sons account and nothing, isn’t this going to be open to all SSC members, my son is only on 7pts but has this years package 

5 hours ago, Clangers said:

I got the Gibraltar poll email today, just checked my other email for my sons account and nothing, isn’t this going to be open to all SSC members, my son is only on 7pts but has this years package 

It’s open to all members and in all likelihood it’ll go down to zero points too. He’d not be the first to have issues with receiving their emails this year. 

7 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

He’d not be the first to have issues with receiving their emails this year. 

This seems to be happening quite a lot now with the odd individual not receiving SSC communications and learning about them on this and other forums.

I failed to get the notification regarding the change of venue for the Cyprus game last year yet do receive regular messages from them.

When I queried this I was assured it had been sent so lost in cyberspace somewhere I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading on the TAMB forum that someone's flight was cancelled on the day to Amsterdam, and they didn't make it to the game, so their points weren't added. I didn't think they'd have a system like that, but evidently they do. I wonder if they apply the same rule for home games?

Looks like Gibralter game is collected in person.  

Edited by betting competition

5 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I was just reading on the TAMB forum that someone's flight was cancelled on the day to Amsterdam, and they didn't make it to the game, so their points weren't added. I didn't think they'd have a system like that, but evidently they do. I wonder if they apply the same rule for home games?

There were people who were at the game who aren't getting the points because their ticket didn't register when scanned never mind people with cancelled flights. A few on here have mentioned it in the new SFA ticket system thread. The SSC said in the emails prior to the Netherlands game they'd be doing this as the Dutch FA were sharing the details of tickets scanned and not scanned. They don't apply the same rule to home games and I doubt they have the appetite to either since they probably just want the money, especially for games which don't sell out like Northern Ireland.

8 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

There were people who were at the game who aren't getting the points because their ticket didn't register when scanned never mind people with cancelled flights. A few on here have mentioned it in the new SFA ticket system thread. The SSC said in the emails prior to the Netherlands game they'd be doing this as the Dutch FA were sharing the details of tickets scanned and not scanned. They don't apply the same rule to home games and I doubt they have the appetite to either since they probably just want the money, especially for games which don't sell out like Northern Ireland.

It seems likely a needless hassle to get this data from the host association and then go got the trouble of applying it for those who didn’t scan in. It won’t be consistent across all away games either as I imagine most won’t be able to provide this.

53 minutes ago, betting competition said:

I think that's a slightly left field one. Although they didn't actually "attend" the game in such circumstances if they can prove they were booked on a cancelled flight I think they should get the points. A bigger concern as @Pie Of The Month says below is we know of at least two instances of fans who were at the game not being credited with points as the Dutch haven't scanned them in properly.

42 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They don't apply the same rule to home games and I doubt they have the appetite to either since they probably just want the money, especially for games which don't sell out like Northern Ireland.

Surely they now could very easily apply the same rule to home games? It's all scanned entry now on the new Hampden app. It should be able to tell if a ticket is used or not and update accordingly, or if it was transferred to a non member to use. Whilst I doubt it makes much odds to anything significant, I'd say they should be using it at home games if the technology is there.

32 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

It seems likely a needless hassle to get this data from the host association and then go got the trouble of applying it for those who didn’t scan in. It won’t be consistent across all away games either as I imagine most won’t be able to provide this.

Well the issue is so far they are resisting any manual adjustment for those who weren't scanned in properly, but that's a different debate. I'd support using the technology if it is reliably there to use. We all know there are points harvesters out there and this will go at least part way to addressing that (nothing to stop harvesters buying for the Dutch game and giving to someone else to use of course).

Gibraltar is going to be 100% collection so it amounts to the same thing.

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Surely they now could very easily apply the same rule to home games? It's all scanned entry now on the new Hampden app. It should be able to tell if a ticket is used or not and update accordingly, or if it was transferred to a non member to use. Whilst I doubt it makes much odds to anything significant, I'd say they should be using it at home games if the technology is there.

I agree they could and probably should but I just don't see them caring enough to implement it for home games when it could impact ticket sales even if it would be small numbers.

People don't seem to care as much about harvesting if it's home games either for whatever reason so until that attitude changes which it might do as those on higher points continues to go up and up and allocations for away games sell out at higher points levels I can't see them doing anything about it.

7 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

I agree they could and probably should but I just don't see them caring enough to implement it for home games when it could impact ticket sales even if it would be small numbers.

People don't seem to care as much about harvesting if it's home games either for whatever reason so until that attitude changes which it might do as those on higher points continues to go up and up and allocations for away games sell out at higher points levels I can't see them doing anything about it.

Yeah, as debated on the other thread, if we're in a situation where 6,500 had at least 12 points a year or so ago and over 18,000 may have 12 points within the next 6 months or so then those extra points will matter.

I just thought logically if the Hampden App provides this technology then it makes sense to actively use it. Didn't actually occur to me they wouldn't be using it for home games. Does it specifically say somewhere that they aren't?

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, as debated on the other thread, if we're in a situation where 6,500 had at least 12 points a year or so ago and over 18,000 may have 12 points within the next 6 months or so then those extra points will matter.

I just thought logically if the Hampden App provides this technology then it makes sense to actively use it. Didn't actually occur to me they wouldn't be using it for home games. Does it specifically say somewhere that they aren't?

I don't think they'll have said it anywhere but I know a boy I work with never went to the NI game despite buying the package as he was on holiday, never even downloaded the app to transfer it to anyone and he's got the point for it so they aren't implementing it yet if they ever plan to do so. 

I looked at it pre NI game and they definitely say the point is awarded for attending the game but as POTM says that's not how it works in practice at present.

I can understand that as you're not taking a ticket from anyone in the SSC and it would likely would disincentivise the purchase of season tickets.