Alloa vs The Kelty

Already looking forward to hearing what the manager has to say about this one after describing Alloa as "first class" against Edinburgh City and "exceptional" against Montrose. Hopefully more superlatives to come at the weekend and ideally three points this time as well. To be fair the performances certainly were better in the last two games, albeit perhaps not quite at the level the manager suggested, and if we continue to go with a settled enough team and players in their natural positions then we'll win games. The defending against Montrose wasn't good enough but we looked a far more cohesive team going forward and that was without Scougall and Donnelly. If we ever managed to get it all together there would be a really good team in there. Anyway, this would certainly be a good place to start winning as to only get 2 points from the other part-time sides in the first quarter wasn't near good enough. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

Already looking forward to hearing what the manager has to say about this one after describing Alloa as "first class" against Edinburgh City and "exceptional" against Montrose. Hopefully more superlatives to come at the weekend and ideally three points this time as well. To be fair the performances certainly were better in the last two games, albeit perhaps not quite at the level the manager suggested, and if we continue to go with a settled enough team and players in their natural positions then we'll win games. The defending against Montrose wasn't good enough but we looked a far more cohesive team going forward and that was without Scougall and Donnelly. If we ever managed to get it all together there would be a really good team in there. Anyway, this would certainly be a good place to start winning as to only get 2 points from the other part-time sides in the first quarter wasn't near good enough. 

Let it go m8. 😉😊

Looking forward to this one, boys reacted well after Falkirk mauling to put in brilliant displays against QoS and EC , after Morton another reaction required from the lads, something tells me though that this mainly due to expected weather might have Sammon winner written all over it 😂

Mon Kelty 

14 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Looking forward to this one, boys reacted well after Falkirk mauling to put in brilliant displays against QoS and EC , after Morton another reaction required from the lads, something tells me though that this mainly due to expected weather might have Sammon winner written all over it 😂

Mon Kelty 

2 clear goals if we still had Alan Trouten

28 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Soft penalty 

Have to agree it looked a bit soft, but not going to moan as we've had stone wallers turned down this season.

If we could iron out the defensive mistakes, we wouldn't be long in moving up the table. Was Debayo injured or just taken off for his performance? Taggs a bit iffy defensively a few times too. 

Roberts engine and work ethic are outstanding. Wasn't overly thrilled when we signed him but he's been good for us.

Glad Rodden got his goal too, he's probably the best finisher we have at the moment.

A couple of good saves from Gourlay today as well.

15 minutes ago, printer said:

First class.

Exceptional even!

😁

I'll be fascinated to see what he has to say as we didn't as play as well as we did against Edinburgh and Montrose! You could see how much Ally Roy added in those games in finding space and knitting things together, in his absence today it was back to the rather disjointed stuff, although Taylor Steven did his best to assume that role and deserved his goal. He has been improving steadily with games and hopefully there are more goals to come from him. 

We ultimately didn't have to be great to win but the team worked away and encouraging they were able to recover from going behind after a defensive error. Responded well to that setback. Rodden always works hard and it was a nice finish from him. Game could have gone either way at 1-1 and thankfully it was Alloa who got themselves ahead. Taggs would probably say himself that he didn't have his best day defensively but it was a decisive penalty. I'm surprised Kelty fans are questioning the award as it looked like a very simple decision for the ref after a bad touch from the defender. We'll see again in the highlights anyway. 

Hopefully a real confidence booster for the team and it pulls us into the pack. We'll need to be better if we're to win regularly but there are a few creative players to come back who should make a difference. Well done Wasps 🐝

4 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Kicking a striker in the box after he takes the ball off you? 

I can't believe that's not a straightforward penalty...

Some fans think any penalty awarded against them is soft if it stops short of gbh.

38 minutes ago, Waspie said:

😁

I'll be fascinated to see what he has to say as we didn't as play as well as we did against Edinburgh and Montrose! You could see how much Ally Roy added in those games in finding space and knitting things together, in his absence today it was back to the rather disjointed stuff, although Taylor Steven did his best to assume that role and deserved his goal. He has been improving steadily with games and hopefully there are more goals to come from him. 

We ultimately didn't have to be great to win but the team worked away and encouraging they were able to recover from going behind after a defensive error. Responded well to that setback. Rodden always works hard and it was a nice finish from him. Game could have gone either way at 1-1 and thankfully it was Alloa who got themselves ahead. Taggs would probably say himself that he didn't have his best day defensively but it was a decisive penalty. I'm surprised Kelty fans are questioning the award as it looked like a very simple decision for the ref after a bad touch from the defender. We'll see again in the highlights anyway. 

Hopefully a real confidence booster for the team and it pulls us into the pack. We'll need to be better if we're to win regularly but there are a few creative players to come back who should make a difference. Well done Wasps 🐝

Thanks for the report Waspie. I again couldn't make the game. I think you're right re Roy - hopefully he's back next week. Would also be great to have one or more of Scougs, LD, Cammy and also Robbo ready for the next couple of games.

How did Morgyn Neill do when he came on and where did he play?

2 hours ago, printer said:

Thanks for the report Waspie. I again couldn't make the game. I think you're right re Roy - hopefully he's back next week. Would also be great to have one or more of Scougs, LD, Cammy and also Robbo ready for the next couple of games.

How did Morgyn Neill do when he came on and where did he play?

He went into the back three and Taggs ended up shifting to LCB where Debayo had been. I thought he did fine, won a few headers and made a few clearances - general Morgyn Neill stuff! I didn't see the incident LeodhasXD mentions. 

44 minutes ago, Waspie said:

He went into the back three and Taggs ended up shifting to LCB where Debayo had been. I thought he did fine, won a few headers and made a few clearances - general Morgyn Neill stuff! I didn't see the incident LeodhasXD mentions. 

Cheers.

As you mentioned in your post, good to see young Taylor Steven get a goal. He was certainly due one for his all round play. Hopefully he can build on that.