Alloa vs The Kelty

What a complete dump The Recs is nowadays. It’s hardly been a pristine lower league ground but has always been in reasonable condition. No wonder the place is empty, shite on the pitch and literally shite on the terraces. Who the hell would pay £18 to attend nowadays? 

It’s no coincidence that as soon as Mulraney has reached the top of the SFA that Alloa are back to being dross and also rans. We’ve served our purpose of getting him up the ladder and now the interest is no longer there on his part. 

IMG_0074.thumb.jpeg.31459d7bec4237f6ed29317f77fb30c9.jpeg

Edited by BigMartyn86

On watching the highlights, the penalty wasn't as soft as I thought, there is definite contact.

Our momentum changed when Debayo went off and Taggs went to the left of the three CBs. Buchanan was good yesterday, looks like he could be cementing his place in the starting XI. Would be good for the club if Cammy could do the same on the left hand side.

Seems blasphemous to say but I don't think Scougs or LD walk back into the side. Same with Morrison, I don't think Ogayi has done anything to get himself dropped.

Bit surprised they announced Taggs as the sponsors man of the match yesterday, thought by his standards he was pretty poor.

45 minutes ago, Rory said:

On watching the highlights, the penalty wasn't as soft as I thought, there is definite contact.

The clatter of boot on boot was quite audible though , i think Wales made sure he was getting the decision and made the most of it ,

We all laughed at the sponsors man of the match announcement , Taggs bar the penalty was nowhere near his standard , 

Good to see Bradley Rodden get the equaliser , the much maligned striker took his chance well, is he our top scorer now  ?

20 hours ago, BigMartyn86 said:

What a complete dump The Recs is nowadays. It’s hardly been a pristine lower league ground but has always been in reasonable condition. No wonder the place is empty, shite on the pitch and literally shite on the terraces. Who the hell would pay £18 to attend nowadays? 

It’s no coincidence that as soon as Mulraney has reached the top of the SFA that Alloa are back to being dross and also rans. We’ve served our purpose of getting him up the ladder and now the interest is no longer there on his part. 

IMG_0074.thumb.jpeg.31459d7bec4237f6ed29317f77fb30c9.jpeg

Think you're aimimg at the wrong bloke, having a pop at MM.  When he arrived on the board, the club was in a poor state. There were lots of willing helpers, but things were badly run and money was in short supply.  He didn;t throw his own money at it, but organised the finances to make it self-sufficient - only spending what they'd earned. Remember when thay were faced with clearing away the old terrace, it was classed as toxic waste and would have cost a fortune to move. MM sold it for a tidy sum and it is now holding up the approach road to the Clackmannanshire Bridge.

Can't believe he joined the board with the aim of becoming president of the SFA 20 years later.  Think he discovered he was good at club administration, his reputation spread and he was on his way. Remember listening to a discussion on the radio about club admin. He was there with Leanne Dempster of Motherwell. Hibs and Queens Park fame and who regarded herself as the authority on how to run a football club. MM ran rings round her and made her look rather foolish.

So, the present chairman (can't even remember his name) is the one to vent your spleen at.  'New broom sweeps clean' doesn't seem to apply to him.  No statements from him, where's the 50/50 raffle, your pic above and my pet-hate - the big boards outside the ground telling who we play next, but it's always blank.  Think this fellow is dining out on being a football club chairman and little else.

'

'

MM also made plenty of promises over the years. How many years in a row did he mention ground improvements and that temporary stand was getting moved to the railway end? 

Also Mulraney didn’t take over Alloa in a similar state to the likes East Stirling. In the recent years before he joined we had 3 promotions (1 of those a title) a challenge cup win and another challenge cup final with some shocks in both the big cups as well. 

Mulraney has done a lot of good for Alloa and deserves great credit for the things he has done but in my opinion he quite simply hasn’t been interested in recent years as he will have realised he will get more of his personal wealth and business going by being at the top of the SFA. 

To be fair it's true that the club wasn't in a great state when Mike Mulraney first came in. Tom Hendrie and Terry Christie had been really well backed and the club probably over extended themselves at that time. Christie says in his book they were really cutting back by the end of his reign and that clearly continued when you see the players Hendrie had in his second spell compared to the first. Think it was well documented that MM sorted the debt from that era when he came in before turning his attention to the ground. The club has been absolutely transformed since then with some incredible times on the park. 

Regarding Saturday my main hope would be that it will be a confidence boost more than anything else as it wasn't a particularly good performance. As soon as Scougall and Donnelly are fit - properly fit - they go straight back in. Add those two and manage to keep Roy playing like he did in his two games (and with Steven also getting better) and we have very good creative options. Hopefully Wales will start to find his feet too. I don't know what the timescale is for PJ but hopefully we'll have him back soon too and he should go back in as well. 

9 hours ago, Waspie said:

Regarding Saturday my main hope would be that it will be a confidence boost more than anything else as it wasn't a particularly good performance. As soon as Scougall and Donnelly are fit - properly fit - they go straight back in. Add those two and manage to keep Roy playing like he did in his two games (and with Steven also getting better) and we have very good creative options. Hopefully Wales will start to find his feet too. I don't know what the timescale is for PJ but hopefully we'll have him back soon too and he should go back in as well. 

Indeed, "properly fit" is going to be the big question for both. I'm not sure LD has been properly fit since he's been at the club. Similarly, I do wonder what the cumulative impact of injuries over the years has taken on Stef's body. Both are genuine talents though.

I'd argue Steven has been playing well enough to keep his place whoever comes back, so tricky decisions for Rice to fit LD, Scougs, Taylor, Roy and Wales in to optimum effect. Wales to me looks like he could suddenly starting banging a few goals in. Let's hope he does.

I agree about PJ going back in, but I have to say Ogayi has done just fine, certainly better than I feared he might.

3 hours ago, printer said:

Indeed, "properly fit" is going to be the big question for both. I'm not sure LD has been properly fit since he's been at the club. Similarly, I do wonder what the cumulative impact of injuries over the years has taken on Stef's body. Both are genuine talents though.

I'd argue Steven has been playing well enough to keep his place whoever comes back, so tricky decisions for Rice to fit LD, Scougs, Taylor, Roy and Wales in to optimum effect. Wales to me looks like he could suddenly starting banging a few goals in. Let's hope he does.

I agree about PJ going back in, but I have to say Ogayi has done just fine, certainly better than I feared he might.

Ogayi is certainly an interesting one as he seems to provoke rather extreme opinions - from 'competition winner' to 'sign him up long term'. The truth is probably somewhere in between. He's done better than I feared too but while he didn't have much to do on Saturday, he came for and missed two corners entirely, fluffed a clearance, and parried a shot straight back to a Kelty player. We got away with those. Been questionable on some of the goals he's conceded too. At the same time, he's pulled out some good stops and had no big howlers. But I'm still generally relieved if we make it through 90 minutes unscathed! Which to be fair is true of a few of the other summer defensive signings as well.