Floodlights

Does anyone know if Largs and Maybole now have floodlights - I know there was reports a couple of years ago suggesting that they were hoping/likely to get them, but I'm not sure if this ever happened.

Not sure if anyone has an updated figure on how many of the 80 have lights?

Also, did Ardrossan get their 3g pitch installed or is that still in the pipeline?

1 hour ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Does anyone know if Largs and Maybole now have floodlights - I know there was reports a couple of years ago suggesting that they were hoping/likely to get them, but I'm not sure if this ever happened.

Not sure if anyone has an updated figure on how many of the 80 have lights?

No idea of their progress other than Largs have planning permission, Maybole haven't applied.

Numbers - 39/80 with yes on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_West_of_Scotland_Football_League

Edited by Ginaro

4 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

No idea of their progress other than Largs have planning permission, Maybole haven't applied.

Numbers - 39/80 with yes on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023–24_West_of_Scotland_Football_League but some 

Great thanks, much appreciated.

I had it at 40 but I think that's because I saw pylons up at Kilsyth Athletic last season but I guess they may not be functioning lights as such.

2 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Great thanks, much appreciated.

I had it at 40 but I think that's because I saw pylons up at Kilsyth Athletic last season but I guess they may not be functioning lights as such.

Certainly a lot bigger number of clubs have floodlights compared to 10 years ago.

They seem to be of more practical benefit to teams with plastic pitches who can rent the place out and can feel like a bit of a white elephant when they're not getting much use, but If Talbot ever get to the LL I'll be glad we've already got them in place. 

10 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

What's the point in floodlights for these clubs if we don't have midweek games it's a waste of money surely if clubs install them let's make use of them 

Clydebank seem to do okay with floodlights.

Saw plenty of their games on a Friday night.

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

They seem to be of more practical benefit to teams with plastic pitches who can rent the place out and can feel like a bit of a white elephant when they're not getting much use, but If Talbot ever get to the LL I'll be glad we've already got them in place. 

Firstly you need to win the league and then a playoff.

That will be 2025 at the earliest or 2026 if you get relegated this season.

1 hour ago, allyg1977 said:

What's the point in floodlights for these clubs if we don't have midweek games it's a waste of money surely if clubs install them let's make use of them 

Clearing fixture backlogs with midweek games during the winter months is definitely what they should be used for.

8 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Clearing fixture backlogs with midweek games during the winter months is definitely what they should be used for.

My only problem with that is the teams with floodlights end up with home midweek games in poorer weather which usually result in smaller attendances rather than Saturday. 

So worse off for spending money plus the cost of the electricity for that game. 
The problem we seem to have is all these cups that have to be played at the weekend due no floodlights so league games become second priority. That’s the situation that needs resolved. Could have cup competitions starting early and play a few rounds in August when lighter nights (WoS SJC) and then pick up the remaining rounds post clock changes in March. 

We should play as many league games on Saturdays as possible.