Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

14 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Neither Rovers nor Dunfermline were in the top tier in 1994/95.

Correct, my error.

3 hours ago, keyser_soze said:

I went to my 1st away game in 1982 at Firhill, was 50p to get in.

Full price ticket? 50p in 1982 is multiplied by 4.56 for a £2.28 ticket price in current terms. A U-21 would then be £15/4.56 = £3.52 a ticket, and a U-16 would be £10/4.45 for £2.19 a ticket…so that’s up quite a bit over inflation.

Edited by TxRover

Football tickets from memory and feeling were pretty extortionate for there time about a decade ago ish, however I've actually thought over the past couple of years they've done well to not go absolutely buck daft and stay reasonable, I think. 

Everyone will have there own view on what they should be, and IMO £22 is absolutely the highest that should be charged at this level. £25 for the Premier, which by all accounts has even wilder pricing. 

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Full price ticket? 50p in 1982 is multiplied by 4.56 for a £2.28 ticket price in current terms. A U-21 would then be £15/4.56 = £3.52 a ticket, and a U-16 would be £10/4.45 for £2.19 a ticket…so that’s up quite a bit over inflation.

Was only 13 at the time, can't remember how much Starks was but pretty sure it was similar, my mate got us comps from his uncle To Houston for most home games.

Onto the game itself, hopefully we can keep up the pressure on Dundee Utd but expecting a tough time. Looking forward to a true blood and guts derby game on the park with a last minute winner 4-3 (we can only hope).

Off the park for once I hope all the fannies stop fighting (or dancing whilst pretending to be hard) along Links St and if the young team start their Norrie McCathie pish again I hope the little fuckers get banned for a bit, absolutely no need for that nonsense.  

23 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Onto the game itself, hopefully we can keep up the pressure on Dundee Utd but expecting a tough time. Looking forward to a true blood and guts derby game on the park with a last minute winner 4-3 (we can only hope).

Off the park for once I hope all the fannies stop fighting (or dancing whilst pretending to be hard) along Links St and if the young team start their Norrie McCathie pish again I hope the little fuckers get banned for a bit, absolutely no need for that nonsense.  

On fan fannies how is your terrorist getting along has that flag made any more appearances. Hopefully he's seen sense and GTF

12 minutes ago, 101 said:

On fan fannies how is your terrorist getting along has that flag made any more appearances. Hopefully he's seen sense and GTF

Not seen it recently, hope I never see the fucking thing again

3 hours ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

Going by Fanbase looks like there’s been a late rally for tickets. One section of the south stand completely sold out and pars looks to be bringing a big crowd.

Was 4700 odd the other day and looks like it might get between 5500-6000 which is good. Not quite the 6808 against United however.

Aye, we can't play big teams every week though.

Yep Dundee United are absolutely pumping teams for fun at the minute. 

Anything other than a rovers win today even at this early stage gives them a massive lead in terms of points and goal difference.  

Plus the clocks go back tonight so that'll be us gubbed until spring. 

After our last two pisspoor performances, I’ve been filled with pessimism most of the week. As always while the week goes on that slowly turns to optimism. Now that it’s game day I’m feeling very confident in my beloved Pars ability to bring the three points back along the 92, to the big city.

Naturally, after sticking my head above the parapet, I’ve set myself up for possible disappointment. 
I say we’ll come from behind to win this 1-2 

COYP 

14 minutes ago, CountryBumpkin said:

Will your fans be bringing their train tifo again to run along the front of the away stand? That was awesome.

Would have done it if there were going to be folk in the Railway Stand. Choo-choo. But since nobody at Stark's Park can view the game from the half way line, it would seem to be a pointless exercise anyway. 

More importantly, what is the pie of the month?