Fife Derby: Raith Rovers vs Dunfermline Athletic

4 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Millen going for a wee wander ☺️

Celebrate with your teammates and own fans or run up to the opposition fans. Weird. Didn't mind him at the Pars but he really seems to hate us these days.

Edited by da_no_1

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Celebrate with your teammates and own fans or run up to the opposition fans. Weird.

Meh, he was tying to wind folk up, he’s done it since being a kid at us, he wanted a reaction similar to east end but not as successful this time, I think there was enough dejection in our end that it didn’t shift to anger.

Going round complaining about how someone celebrates isn’t a good look, if they want to rub our faces in it then we’ve just got to swallow our pride a bit and try and put in a performance next time that can turn the tables.

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

Meh, he was tying to wind folk up, he’s done it since being a kid at us, he wanted a reaction similar to east end but not as successful this time, I think there was enough dejection in our end that it didn’t shift to anger.

Going round complaining about how someone celebrates isn’t a good look, if they want to rub our faces in it then we’ve just got to swallow our pride a bit and try and put in a performance next time that can turn the tables.

Fair enough I suppose. Just find it a bit odd. Must just be me. I remember the big ex-Arsenal striker scoring against them for City and running the full length of the pitch to wind them up. Always thought he made a right tit of himself. 

4 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Celebrate with your teammates and own fans or run up to the opposition fans. Weird. Didn't mind him at the Pars but he really seems to hate us these days.

Almost like he'd been getting abuse from that wee corner of ferals. Ross Millen is probably my favourite 'character' out of this squad. He's been a dependable right back for us, but he's the type of player opposition fans will absolutely love to hate. Fwiw, he was over right at the end but only after...

Just now, parsforlife said:

...Chris Hamilton lost the plot at full time. 

As for McPake, he's completely lost the optics on media side yesterday. Everyone saw what happened at full time with the rammy, but McPake was the one in the press greeting about it. Murray made a passing comment about it, and both will agree that it's 'heat of the moment stuff', but McPake is the one who comes across as being sour over it despite both sides being guilty. 

If you log in to RaithTV you can see game with commentary. At full time dug out cam captures the handbags. 

As for Ross Millen, his passion at full time in games where we've picked up a big result is outstanding. He was almost convulsing when he came up to the South Stand yesterday. Dabrowski in amongst the fans when we scored as well 😅

14 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I remember the big ex-Arsenal striker scoring against them for City and running the full length of the pitch to wind them up. Always thought he made a right tit of himself. 

It shows how opinions differ in football, I thought that was outstanding.

23 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Its even weirder doing it to celebrate a bonus point in a league cup group that you don't qualify for, to be fair.

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I'll also sure in the 1st hal lf your North West section gave him pelters.

30 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Fair enough I suppose. Just find it a bit odd. Must just be me. I remember the big ex-Arsenal striker scoring against them for City and running the full length of the pitch to wind them up. Always thought he made a right tit of himself. 

Yeah but the song they used to sing about adebeyor would make anyone run that distance to rub there face in it

Edited by Been going too long

15 hours ago, stevoraith said:

I thought the ref had a decent game, but the one thing that did incense me was when we took a throw over on the railway side and a second ball then came back on the pitch. Jakubiak ran towards the second ball and instead of kicking it off the pitch he played an inch perfect pass to intercept the real ball and break up our attack. Surely that should have been a booking?

Not that it’s much blame but surely it would lie with the ball boys. They were at it all game, quickly throwing balls to RR players and slowing it down when the throw was Dunfermline’s. It was their fault both ended up on the pitch, it was going to get stopped by the ref anyway.

24 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not that it’s much blame but surely it would lie with the ball boys. They were at it all game, quickly throwing balls to RR players and slowing it down when the throw was Dunfermline’s. It was their fault both ended up on the pitch, it was going to get stopped by the ref anyway.

I thought it was very clever play. If that was a Rovers player, they'd be a hero to the home support. 

14 hours ago, Rover the Moon said:

Also, delighted that Bene turned the teams round at kick-off so the Pars fans could get the perfect view of Sir Sam’s goal in the second half. That kind of thing might have worked in the past but it’s not really been a thing since Murray came in - as shown in the 3-2 win over Queen’s Park and numerous games last season when we seemed to actively choose to shoot into the South Stand in the first half.

Think that was more to have us playing with the sun in our eyes 1st half.