Unusual scorelines

ICTChris

I saw on Twitter that a game in the Czech top flight ended in a 9-5 away win.

062A072A-7C9E-4F73-8410-85454724E9CE.thumb.png.f3e290170873684ea449bcf96b989a4a.png

Imagine being 3-1 up just after half time and losing 9-5. 

This must be a pretty unique score line. What are the most unique scorelines in Scottish football?

For Caley we beat Ayr Utd 7-3 in the early 2000s, don’t recall seeing that too many times. Of course a few years back we had Accies 10 Morton 2 which is only one of two double figures scoreline I can recall in Scottish football, I think Albion Rivers lost 10-1 to someone back in the 1980s. Edited- Partick beat Albion 11-1 in the league cup in 1993, I just looked it up.

I remember pre merger Caley beating Golspie Sutherland 16-0 in a cup game, I’m sure non-league has loads of big scorelines though.

Edited by ICTChris

43 minutes ago, ForzaViola said:

Could be wrong but didn't Forfar get whipped 0-4 by a then-Highland League Ross County in the next round? 

Dundee beat St Mirren 6-3 and Hamilton 7-3 in the 86-87 season. I think Hamilton may also have been on the wrong end of a couple of 8s in the Premier Division old days, both from Celtic iirc. Morton must have got a few high scoring pastings in both of the their 100 goals against Premier Division seasons in the mid-80s. 

I think County beat Civil service Strollers 8-0 in the cup that season as well?

Edited - They beat St Cuthburts Wanderers 11-0.

Edited by ICTChris

The first time I visited Annan was in 1996 for an East of Scotland League game against Edinburgh City.

Annan won 7-4 and a City player scored a 20 yard own goal.

City many years later put 15 past Hawick Royal Albert in a cup tie. Iirc Hawick scored two in reply.

On 22/10/2023 at 08:27, SlipperyP said:

Forfar beat QotS 8-3 in 1993

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

Thanks mate, 30 years of therapy to try to forget about this result all for nothing. 

Wasn't even that bad a QoS side back then when you look at it, though no idea what formation we were in with Brian McKeown (a centre back) wearing 8. Seem to have been 6 central defenders / defensive midfielders in that line up along with a winger (McLaren) and Bryce, Mallan and Thomson. The latter three are three of our best attacking players in my lifetime. I was at that game. We were full of optimism that we'd win! We also drew a game 4-4 at Forfar that season if memory is correct. Another fairly unusual scoreline.

On 22/10/2023 at 08:12, ICTChris said:

For Caley we beat Ayr Utd 7-3 in the early 2000s, don’t recall seeing that too many times. Of course a few years back we had Accies 10 Morton 2 which is only one of two double figures scoreline I can recall in Scottish football, I think Albion Rivers lost 10-1 to someone back in the 1980s. Edited- Partick beat Albion 11-1 in the league cup in 1993, I just looked it up.

I remember pre merger Caley beating Golspie Sutherland 16-0 in a cup game, I’m sure non-league has loads of big scorelines though.

Stirling Albion 20 - 0 Selkirk in the Scottish Cup in 1984 is certainly one in my lifetime.

Hibs Airdrieonians 1 - Airdrieonians Hibs 11 on 24 Oct, 1959, the Top League Scottish record away win. Given they had 54 goals for the 34 game season, pretty anomalous.

Edited by TxRover
Edited to correct result…thanks to Chapelhall Chap

On 22/10/2023 at 08:53, ForzaViola said:

Could be wrong but didn't Forfar get whipped 0-4 by a then-Highland League Ross County in the next round? 

Dundee beat St Mirren 6-3 and Hamilton 7-3 in the 86-87 season. I think Hamilton may also have been on the wrong end of a couple of 8s in the Premier Division old days, both from Celtic iirc. Morton must have got a few high scoring pastings in both of the their 100 goals against Premier Division seasons in the mid-80s. 

Just as an aside,in the season Morton shipped over 100 goals, 

I'm sure Jim Duffy won the SPFL Player's player of the year

1 minute ago, Chapelhall chap said:

I think it was the other way around as a Hibs win at Broomfield and thankfully I missed it. 

You are correct…the listing was incorrect as I found the 59-60 Hibs summary shows it as an away win! Cheers.

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

You are correct…the listing was incorrect as I found the 59-60 Hibs summary shows it as an away win! Cheers.

I might well have been there as an 11 year old but it didn't stop me going back . I've suffered a 7-1 at Gayfield, a 7-0 at Firhill and 7-2 recently , as well as  losing 8 at Cliftonhill shortly after scoring 8 in the 1980s  against the Rovers a week before it at Broomfield! Strange scores indeed. ♦️