Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

3 hours ago, Gdog85 said:

My plan was for my mate to purchase both our tickets on Wednesday. I was thinking I just give my mate my UEFA code and he buys both tickets. I’m reading elsewhere that’s not possible. What’s the process? Do I need to sort my ticket separately then we link tickets together after ?

It's all in the link in the email they sent you...

18 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

They have been quick in responding to my email (under 2 hours) but say that as the game has taken place they can’t adjust the loyalty points.😢

I may give them a phone call tomorrow and try to plead my case. 

I phoned them this morning and they aren’t budging, they say loyalty points can’t be changed after the game has taken place. 😢
I now have the dilemma do I try and get a ticket for myself when the 11 point phase opens or wait to see if any are left at 10 points (which I think is highly unlikely!) 🤔

4 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I phoned them this morning and they aren’t budging, they say loyalty points can’t be changed after the game has taken place. 😢
I now have the dilemma do I try and get a ticket for myself when the 11 point phase opens or wait to see if any are left at 10 points (which I think is highly unlikely!) 🤔

The same has happened to me with my kid, however I'm on 9 so it won't make a difference.

I'm going anyway, flights and hotel booked before we qualified, so I'll just grab what I can if any even if its an Albania match!

9 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

The same has happened to me with my kid, however I'm on 9 so it won't make a difference.

I'm going anyway, flights and hotel booked before we qualified, so I'll just grab what I can if any even if it’s an Albania match!

Not decided if I will go regardless of whether I get tickets or not yet.

The Mrs has been going on about having a foreign holiday so might be up for it, however she is from south of the border so Sod’s Law we draw them again.

My older son is definitely going with his pals, but he is on less points than me, so is just going for the atmosphere, etc! 

24 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Go in to your SSC account, and click on purchase history. On the right side of the screen there should be a question mark.

Click on that and it will show what tickets were purchased for what accounts.

8 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Not decided if I will go regardless of whether I get tickets or not yet.

The Mrs has been going on about having a foreign holiday so might be up for it, however she is from south of the border so Sod’s Law we draw them again.

My older son is definitely going with his pals, but he is on less points than me, so is just going for the atmosphere, etc! 

I would try and get it fixed, don't give up it just depends on who you get on the other side of the phone, and if not buy what you can!

They add loyalty points after the game has taken place so not sure how they can claim they can't fix them afterwards. Other than a few sad cases like me I doubt people are constantly checking their points after every international break.

I've mentioned before mine was wrong a while back and they sorted it but that was either the renewal or loyalty point so different circumstances.

Public ticket applications are open again on the UEFA site for another lottery in January.

P.S. For those looking to sit together this option likely applies to applications through the SSC too.

image.png.fb8cd48daf477dcbccae498f63472410.png

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I would be 100% buying a ticket if you can. Then trying to work out after how to get a ticket for your son. I've got a mate coming with us to Germany, doesn't go to Scotland games, barely goes to his club team, but somehow always manages to get tickets for games he wants, even European finals, pays a bit more, but gets them. 

Anyone with any doubts about getting tickets through the SSC should definitely be applying through the UEFA public lottery as well, at least after the group fixtures come out tomorrow. The knock out stages are even more slanted against the SSC route for those with low points, especially for the biggest stadiums.

tickets_20231201114607.png?imwidth=2048

Edited by welshbairn

5 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone with any doubts about getting tickets through the SSC should definitely be applying through the UEFA public lottery as well, at least after the group fixtures come out tomorrow. The knock out stages are even more slanted against the SSC route for those with low points, especially for the biggest stadiums.

tickets_20231201114607.png?imwidth=2048

If we get there, I’d imagine demand would be lower for the knockouts. People will have run out of money / annual leave / patience from their partner by then.

28 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

If we get there, I’d imagine demand would be lower for the knockouts. People will have run out of money / annual leave / patience from their partner by then.

Yeah - it’s difficult enough staying for all the group games, never mind potential knock outs too. 

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah - it’s difficult enough staying for all the group games, never mind potential knock outs too. 

I wonder if it would be cheaper to fly in and out on days of the games than staying for the whole group stage. 

11 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Thats an absolute nonsense. If they've made an error they should be fixing it. It has massive ramifications for you, its not unimportant.

The justification doesnt even make sense. They cant and dont add the points before the game so how in the hell are you meant to know before the game they've added the point to the wrong account?

Am I missing something here? Did you actually do something wrong in your own application process? If its their error then saying they 'cant fix it' simply isnt good enough. I'd ask to speak to someone higher. 

10 hours ago, Pie Of The Month said:

They add loyalty points after the game has taken place so not sure how they can claim they can't fix them afterwards. Other than a few sad cases like me I doubt people are constantly checking their points after every international break.

I've mentioned before mine was wrong a while back and they sorted it but that was either the renewal or loyalty point so different circumstances.

This. I check mine regularly. I was hoping we'd be on more points before we got to this ticket sale stage. They absolutely have fixed errors before so refusing now simply isnt good enough. I wonder if this in some way relates to having already set up the process for the euro ticket sale and being unable or unwilling to undertake the changes now.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

10 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thats an absolute nonsense. If they've made an error they should be fixing it. It has massive ramifications for you, its not unimportant.

The justification doesnt even make sense. They cant and dont add the points before the game so how in the gell are you meant to know before the game they've added the point to the wrong account?

Am I missing something here? Did you actually do something wrong in your own application process? If its their error then saying they 'cant fix it' simply isnt good enough. I'd ask to speak to someone higher. 

This. I check mine regularly. I was hoping we'd be on more points before we got to this ticket sale stage. They absolutely have fixed errors before so refusing now simply isnt good enough. I wonder if this in some way relates to having already set up the process for the euro ticket sale and being unable or unwilling to undertake the changes now.

I think the issue is that the second ticket wasn’t allocated to the second person’s account. It gives you the option to do this when they’re in your basket although if someone is quickly trying to get tickets then I can definitely see how it would be missed.

I suppose they would argue that there’s no way of proving his son was at the game. Probably bad timing as a lot of people will rightly or wrongly be arguing their case for an extra point or two atm.

6 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

I think the issue is that the second ticket wasn’t allocated to the second person’s account. It gives you the option to do this when they’re in your basket although if someone is quickly trying to get tickets then I can definitely see how it would be missed.

I suppose they would argue that there’s no way of proving his son was at the game. Probably bad timing as a lot of people will rightly or wrongly be arguing their case for an extra point or two atm.

I thought you couldnt buy them at all without giving a member number? Unless he bought them when they'd already reached public sale.....

Assuming you're right though then its his mistake not theirs and I can therefore understand their refusal to amend it.

On 30/11/2023 at 20:39, Gdog85 said:

My plan was for my mate to purchase both our tickets on Wednesday. I was thinking I just give my mate my UEFA code and he buys both tickets. I’m reading elsewhere that’s not possible. What’s the process? Do I need to sort my ticket separately then we link tickets together after ?

Yeah, basically tickets need to be bought in your UEFA account, so you’ll need to buy them unless you are happy to give your mate your login in details and access codes.

If you buy them separately there is the ability to link the tickets using the order number, so I guess whoever gets theirs ordered first can give the order number to their mate and they can link them up. You have to make sure you buy the same category of ticket though, in order to be seated together.

10 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You can link your purchases together to hopefully be sat together either during or after the purchase.

image.thumb.png.daabaeb02b3821c3f58ef2658bf7af10.png

I find it a bit bizarre that UEFA are incapable of having a system that allows someone to group access codes together and buy seats together on behalf of a group. Particularly when they apparently can’t guarantee seats together. 

I know it’s because they don’t give the slightest f**k about anything other than money, but still.