Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

23 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Email confirmation or not the waiting game will continue until the day / 2 days before the game, though.

UEFA won't be releasing the tickets to mobile devices until then and surely until they do the reseller obviously can't send them on?

I'm in that boat for the Swiss game but doubt I'll fully relax about them until A the tickets are in my app and B they've been activated and let me through the turnstile.

Why the day or two days before? Tickets from UEFA come roughly three weeks before in most cases for group matches, sometimes slightly shorter sometimes longer.  If the seller on the tout website is legit they (the scummy piece of sh*te) too will send it in a timely manner as they probably have lots of tickets to deal with.  Then once you have it on your mobile ticketing app, there are zero problems from then on.

But for me, no need to pay touts for something I can find myself.  But I understand if you don't have the desire or patience or ability for the official resale platform, and to queue in any last minute sales situation.  No judgement though, it's whatever you are comfortable to pay for access to the same football game whether it's 30/60 euro, the dearer categories, way above face value for the same ticket, hospitality etc.  as long as you are there 

7 minutes ago, Juan Mata said:

Why the day or two days before?

The way i read the stuff from UEFA that was when it suggested they'd be released. I've no experience of the digital tickets so if it's earlier then that's happy days.

1 hour ago, Juan Mata said:

But for me, no need to pay touts for something I can find myself.  But I understand if you don't have the desire or patience or ability for the official resale platform, and to queue in any last minute sales situation.  

What are these tickets you refer to? I strongly suspect the official resale platform will be oversubscribed and chances of getting tickets this way will be 1% at best. Just to give you some stats here - 500000 tickets applications were made for the Hungary game. 

8 hours ago, immcinto said:

What are these tickets you refer to? I strongly suspect the official resale platform will be oversubscribed and chances of getting tickets this way will be 1% at best. Just to give you some stats here - 500000 tickets applications were made for the Hungary game. 

Ha yes I saw the tweets the other day too. 

A one percent chance? It's much higher than one percent. Not even sure how someone could quantify that. But it's not as slim as you'd think. Then the resale platform and subsequent sales days are not for you

2 hours ago, Juan Mata said:

Ha yes I saw the tweets the other day too. 

A one percent chance? It's much higher than one percent. Not even sure how someone could quantify that. But it's not as slim as you'd think. Then the resale platform and subsequent sales days are not for you

Quite easily tbf.

(No. of People wanting tickets / No. of Tickets available) × 100

3 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Quite easily tbf.

(No. of People wanting tickets / No. of Tickets available) × 100

Yep. So let's assume from the 500000 applicants 10000 got their tix that leaves 490000 chasing the tickets that are resold on UEFA that were not grabbed by the touts. 1000 if you're lucky? So I reckon a 0.1% chance. Round that to 0% chance and that leaves two options - buy from the professional resellers or go to Fanzone. I would love to be wrong BTW. 

14 minutes ago, immcinto said:

Yep. So let's assume from the 500000 applicants 10000 got their tix that leaves 490000 chasing the tickets that are resold on UEFA that were not grabbed by the touts. 1000 if you're lucky? So I reckon a 0.1% chance. Round that to 0% chance and that leaves two options - buy from the professional resellers or go to Fanzone. I would love to be wrong BTW. 

I admire @Juan Mata's confidence tbh, but I don't know how someone can be so certain about their ability to now obtain tickets at face value through an official sale.

3 hours ago, immcinto said:

500,000 ticket requests is not equal to 500,000 applicants but sure.

We won't know until it happens but let's see how many people here end up having success on the resale platform later on.  Not certain about anything, just think it's very much too early to be throwing in the towel and buying from the touts when (SFA tickets aside) we've only had one blind ballot, one heavily subscribed ballot, both where nothing is in your control, and then finally the resale platform where everything is in your hands.  My opinion though is that if we were to quantify your chances of getting the game on the resale portal it is much higher than 0.1& or 1%.  But if you have extra cash to burn, or no time, then go for it.  

8 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any further info on the resale in March, when it will be? Can't find anything on UEFA. Might just stay logged in 24/7 and hit refresh every 5 minutes for the whole month.

They might be waiting until after the payment window for the ballot closes

16 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Any further info on the resale in March, when it will be? Can't find anything on UEFA. Might just stay logged in 24/7 and hit refresh every 5 minutes for the whole month.

I expect it will be after the play offs, with maybe another round of ticket sales once the final fixtures are settled, so possibly not till April. There should be some tickets coming on sale from tomorrow or Wednesday when final payments for the last round are due.

Feck.

Was away for weekend and hadn't checked on here. My UEFA email went to spam for some reason so wasn't aware results were out. Needless to say it's an "Unsuccessful" for me. I'm now officially giving up on Germany. Not risking any unofficial outlets.

I'll maybe see if me and the boy can get to Netherlands or possibly the Gibraltar friendly.

The whole randomness of the process is really unfair to be honest. I’ve only ever been to 2 international games in my life - Russia vs Italy as a child at Euro 96 and a Scotland draw with Norway when Berti was the manager and yet I’ve drawn games ahead instead of guys who are no doubt card carrying TA members.

ETA - However I’m not really 100% sure what UEFA could’ve done differently unless they were willing to hand sales over to individual football associations across the continent. I asked this in here after the last round of tickets but it would be interesting to know how it was handled in the pre-internet days. I would guess 96 is probably the last Euros before the internet fully took off in the UK.

Edited by Sortmeout

6 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That's patently false though too. There will be plenty of scammers out there, but also plenty of people who are genuinely trying to sell a ticket.

With digital tickets you're surely less likely to get scammed as they can't print out and punt fakes multiple times?

They either have a ticket to send you (which will be in the app) or they don't.

Edited by Todd_is_God

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Feck.

Was away for weekend and hadn't checked on here. My UEFA email went to spam for some reason so wasn't aware results were out. Needless to say it's an "Unsuccessful" for me. I'm now officially giving up on Germany. Not risking any unofficial outlets.

I'll maybe see if me and the boy can get to Netherlands or possibly the Gibraltar friendly.

Not tempted to go over just for the atmosphere in general?