Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Don't remember this England phone thing with the Council. I definitely got tickets for both legs though and I don't recall making any phone call so presumably they were just automatically available to members with a certain amount of loyalty points. Unless I got them from Queen of the South anyway. I don't recall now but I took a friend to Wembley so I must have had two.

It was for the public sale. The supporters club was much smaller then, only for those who travelled to games. Wasn't it called the Scotland Travel Club until about 2005? I think it only grew into a mass thing for those attending home games after the scramble for tickets for the Netherland play-off game in 2003.

Wee bit of news about it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/506212.stm 

22 hours ago, GordonS said:

It was for the public sale. The supporters club was much smaller then, only for those who travelled to games. Wasn't it called the Scotland Travel Club until about 2005? I think it only grew into a mass thing for those attending home games after the scramble for tickets for the Netherland play-off game in 2003.

Wee bit of news about it here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/506212.stm 

It was called the Scotland Travel Club and predominantly for those who went away but I've been a member since the early 1990's and I've been to three away games ever (plus the Euro 96 and WC 98 tourneys). There was still minor merit in membership as a home fan as you got first dibs on tickets and guaranteed a ticket for the odd game that was in huge demand (like that England playoff). I'm sure there were under 10,000 members at that point though. Possibly even under 5,000.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Payment deadline for the last round has been extended till 3pm tomorrow, our time. So could be some returns on offer anytime after that, probably not till Thursday.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Payment deadline for the last round has been extended till 3pm tomorrow, our time. So could be some returns on offer anytime after that, probably not till Thursday.

Do these get offered via another random selection process and hence only those offered get an email or is it a first come first served on the ticket site ?

34 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:

Do these get offered via another random selection process and hence only those offered get an email or is it a first come first served on the ticket site ?

For 20/21 I think it was only when I got an email that I got anything, except maybe for Baku tickets. You only get minutes to pay though, so in that sense it's FCFS. I'll be keeping an eye on my emails and here and other forums to see if anything's happening, and sporadically logging into the portal just in case.

On 30/01/2024 at 10:21, martin ritchie said:

On top of those prices do you not also get charged like £70-£80 per ticket for a handling fee? Is ticombo a good site to use? 

Handling fee depends on the ticket price, but there is an additional charge. However I think you can make an offer to sellers. 

I have bought and sold tickets on there, and the system is very good. The money doesn't go to the seller until the buyer confirms they have attended the event with no issues. 

Looks like the resale platform will open before the play offs, which seems odd to me. That will be proper first come first serve, so we'll be battling 

against automated bot touts unless UEFA have found a way to trip them up.

upload_2024-2-1_10-54-13-png.253755

On 30/01/2024 at 00:54, craigkillie said:

What does this have to do with your nonsense assertion that you will have a 100% chance of getting scammed? There is a chance of getting scammed, but it's certainly nowhere near 100%.

Will we settle on 90%?

Sending money to a totally random person on the internet for something with a high demand is mental. 

Anyway, best of luck if you do.

1 hour ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Will we settle on 90%?

Sending money to a totally random person on the internet for something with a high demand is mental. 

Anyway, best of luck if you do.

Yes, sending money to "a totally random person" on the internet is mental. But those ticket agencies aren't random, they've been around for years. One of those mentioned above gives you your money back if there's a problem, plus a 50% voucher for other tickets. Will you get that money back? Well they have a Trustpilot rating of 4.7 so presumably you do. Another lists the reviews of individual sellers, like on ebay, and sends them the money after you have the tickets. You can choose to buy from folk with a good record. They also have a Trustpilot rating of 4.7. Both have a higher ratings than official sites like Ticketmaster, Viagogo and Stubhub.

Looking at the negative reviews on Trustpilot they're mostly about complaints about high prices (don't pay it then) and stuff like seats being split unexpectedly or having restricted views. Very, very few mention false tickets and those that do all seem to be for Liverpool.

So yeah it's a risk but it's definitely not a 90% risk.

I have 3 transferable Category 1 Switzerland tickets that I am looking to exchange (or at least I am looking to exchange 2 of them...) - basically I'd like to end up with 1 ticket for each of the 3 matches - i.e. 1 Switzerland for 1 Germany or 1 Switzerland for 1 Hungary or something more creative if it works for you. All exchanges to be according to the face value of the tickets.

Please PM me if of interest.

Mr D.

Saw a thing from Tennents;

https://www.tennents.co.uk/partnerships/gettogermany?fbclid=IwAR0ZkwWeNhr0zM5UAw6vku560MELux14Sbbhhm7JvUbhr7B74-2gpAvrQsI

Sounds good and I was halfway through it before it asked for details of a partner. f**k. However, may be of use for others.

I'm looking for a ticket for the Germany and Switzerland games - nothing to swap unfortunately as live in the US so didn't get to enough games to qualify for the lottery. Will consider any Category.

Would even take 2 but don't want to be greedy 😉

Edited by CTQP1867

• 2 weeks later...

*************TICKET EXCHANGE****************

I have a spare Category 1 fully transferable Switzerland ticket that I'm looking to exchange for a Germany ticket - any category of ticket would be OK.

Any exchange to be made according to the purchase price of the respective tickets (either way).

6 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

Just checked, says ticket portal will be available from 1500 cet, I'm currently in a queue lol 

Yup, 2pm our time. I doubt anything will happen though..