Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

3 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Attending a fan embassy workshop in Hamburg must be as close to the definition of tragic as you can possibly get. 

Though, he probably thinks it makes him the most loyal of the very loyal people. 

Will they produce a special Elite TA badge to honour this meeting?

I've no issue at all with how the tickets are being allocated.

Possibly what they could have done is introduce one more tier in the sale, perhaps 20+ points on day 1, then 12+ points day 2, then drop by a point each day after that but I think suggesting releases dropping a point every hour is far too complex an idea for an association that couldn't even get the dates of the games right never mind email the codes to the correct people.

The big issue here is the price of the tickets and for the opening game they are a fucking disgrace.

That isn't the SFA's fault and it's the ticket prices that is causing the issue for the 12+ pointers who at the end of the day are all guaranteed a ticket (rightly) but who (again rightly) aren't overjoyed at the prospect of shelling out 400 or 600 Euros for a single ticket.

The 2nd and 3rd matchdays aren't quite as bad IMO. Expensive yes, but not the eye watering numbers of MD1.

9 minutes ago, Div said:

Possibly what they could have done is introduce one more tier in the sale, perhaps 20+ points on day 1, then 12+ points day 2, then drop by a point each day after that but I think suggesting releases dropping a point every hour is far too complex an idea for an association that couldn't even get the dates of the games right never mind email the codes to the correct people.

The big issue here is the price of the tickets and for the opening game they are a fucking disgrace.

That isn't the SFA's fault and it's the ticket prices that is causing the issue for the 12+ pointers who at the end of the day are all guaranteed a ticket (rightly) but who (again rightly) aren't overjoyed at the prospect of shelling out 400 or 600 Euros for a single ticket.

The 2nd and 3rd matchdays aren't quite as bad IMO. Expensive yes, but not the eye watering numbers of MD1.

Platinum Club cash for divs cat 1 ticket for the opener Nba Youngboy Money GIF by YoungBoy Never Broke Again

There are 10k tickets. the first sales tier there are what 7.5K members? 

There is no need for an additional tier to allow the self entitled "elite"members access to the cheap tickets. 

I say this as a guy who would pay for the dear as f**k ones if needed.

49 minutes ago, Div said:

Great minds and all that..........

I suggested that about 5 hours ago. 😉

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its an irrelevance to me too but I dont think the point is entirely unreasonable. I do understand staggering the sale for those above 12 is time consuming and more complex but in practice its just an extension of what they are already doing.

Even if they'd maybe had 2 tiers, one for say 16+ points and one for 12-16? 

I do agree that the scandalous uplift in prices for the opening game is the cause of all this stramash. However, as much as that isn't the SFA's fault, I'm damned certain they knew the prices before they designed and announced the system so they could, and probably should, have considered that.

Did anyone else not get either of the emails this afternoon about the rescheduled sale tomorrow? I usually get all the marketing emails and got the access codes today but now I’m worried because I didn’t get those.

3 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Did anyone else not get either of the emails this afternoon about the rescheduled sale tomorrow? I usually get all the marketing emails and got the access codes today but now I’m worried because I didn’t get those.

I wrote to the SSC to explain that I’m now looking after your codes.

Spoiler

Don’t worry I’ll promise to send you a postcard from Germany.

43 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

One of the boys I go with didn’t get the email with his code, or about the rescheduled sale. He got the one about it being delayed though. 

7 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

One of the boys I go with didn’t get the email with his code, or about the rescheduled sale. He got the one about it being delayed though. 

Ok that’s good to know, at least I’m not the only one.

7 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:

I'm on 10 points and now regretting not going to the two meaningless friendlies in the list of eligible games - hindsight is a wonderful thing!

The one thing that confuses me is why are the sales being launched during the day midweek when many people have jobs that don't allow them access to attempt to but tickets. I'm not sure when would be the ideal time but possibly a Saturday morning or an evening?

My mate went to both of those friendlies and is a 12 pointer as a result. However between travel and beer he spent the thick end of £1600. So if I end up getting a stubhub ticket for the Switzerland game at 300 euro who is the winner? 

1 minute ago, Stevie Kirk said:

My mate went to both of those friendlies and is a 12 pointer as a result. However between travel and beer he spent the thick end of £1600. So if I end up getting a stubhub ticket for the Switzerland game at 300 euro who is the winner? 

But he has more chance of getting a ticket for the final when we pump England. Swings and roundabouts. 

11 minutes ago, Lurkst said:

Probably a daft question but do you get hit with a foreign transaction charge when buying tickets from UEFA?

Payment is in Euros so it depends on your bank, unless you use something like a Revolut card loaded up with Euros.

Edited by welshbairn

Anyone know the script about transferring tickets? I am aiming to attend all three but work may only permit me to go to one. Can I move them to someone else later? No points issued so no harvesting risk. 

Uefa indicate that you can transfer if unable to attend but also say tickets are subject to association rules which usually doesn't permit transferring?

15 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Anyone know the script about transferring tickets? I am aiming to attend all three but work may only permit me to go to one. Can I move them to someone else later? No points issued so no harvesting risk. 

Uefa indicate that you can transfer if unable to attend but also say tickets are subject to association rules which usually doesn't permit transferring?

The SFA tickets are definitely unable to be transferred, I believe they all download onto you phone via your SSC /UEFA account.

If you're giving a ticket to someone that you know, it might be possible to download them to a spare phone that you can share. Don't take that as gospel though!

Edited by Lurkst