Euro 2024 tickets

Donathan

27 minutes ago, AlMacD said:

I can only check Hungary, but by the looks of it only Fans First and Restricted View Category 3 have sold out so far. Regular Category 3 and all the more expensive categories are still showing as available options.

FWIW, I thought the ticket buying process was fairly simple - with one exception. My original basket timed out after I'd clicked 'Buy Now', but before I'd accepted Ts&Cs or chosen/entered a payment method (originally you were supposed to have 15 minutes to check out, but this was then reduced to 5 due to a high number of users attempting to access the site). To be honest, 5 minutes would still have been enough time - that was on me for fannying around.

Timing out meant I got logged out and then my access codes for the two games I'd been trying to buy wouldn't work for upwards of 30 minutes, with the interupted order sitting on my account as 'In Progress' (and - weirdly - stating that it had been paid). It sounds like people were unable to re-use an access code for varying amounts of time, including some who got back on signficantly quicket than me. I didn't try closing the browser and restarting, which other people seem to reckon worked for resetting their codes. Once the original order changed to cancelled I was able to get back in for tickets to those games - but there's no option for you as a user to cancel it yourself. 

The short version is just don't let your basket time out. There weren't really any repercussions for me, as I got the same tickets anyway once I could eventually get back in. The stakes in terms of pricing/availability will obviously be much higher tomorrow though. 

So fewer than 6200 of 7800 have bought tickets in the two cheapest categories. 

If you are willing to pay for any of the categories then I genuinely think all the 11 pointers who want one, will get one today as long as you log in bang on 12 and don't fanny about too much.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is still tickets available this evening in most expensive category. May be hope yet for a 10 pointer out there

35 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

If you are willing to pay for any of the categories then I genuinely think all the 11 pointers who want one, will get one today as long as you log in bang on 12 and don't fanny about too much.

Wouldn't surprise me if there is still tickets available this evening in most expensive category. May be hope yet for a 10 pointer out there

I think there's a decent chance the Germany £600 ones will go lower than that. If the percentage of people posting on here that they 'wouldnt pay that' is genuine and typical. Of course its a lot easier to say that when you are pretty sure you'll get a lower price one.

Sadly doubt they'll get down to me though.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think there's a decent chance the Germany £600 ones will go lower than that. If the percentage of people posting on here that they 'wouldnt pay that' is genuine and typical. Of course its a lot easier to say that when you are pretty sure you'll get a lower price one.

Sadly doubt they'll get down to me though.

The majority of people have booked accommodation in the Ruhr valley so might balk at paying 600 plus extra travel and accommodation when they could watch it in a fan zone in Cologne or wherever.

I think you and your son might be lucky, your son anyway seeing as you'll be paying.. :P

58 minutes ago, Quentin Taranbino said:

I'm on 10 points and was always hoping that not everyone on higher points would go to all three games and some of the higher price tickets. Hopefully that's the case and I'll see what's available on Saturday. If it's only the ludicrously priced tickets I'll try the ballot although I haven't looked into that at all yet.

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The majority of people have booked accommodation in the Ruhr valley so might balk at paying 600 plus extra travel and accommodation when they could watch it in a fan zone in Cologne or wherever.

I think you and your son might be lucky, your son anyway seeing as you'll be paying.. :P

You think they'll drop to 6? I think that's maybe a little far. It wouldn't massively surprise me if they drop to 8 though. I'm not completely convinced I'd pay £600 each for two. It's something I'll need to give some serious thought to if we reach Tuesday and there are still some available. I probably would if it's all we're getting. If I could get two Cat 1's for the other games I might not take Germany. I'm not expecting to though.

I initially laughed at the idea of paying 400 or 600 Euros to watch one game of football I'm coming round to the idea of "fuck it".

As someone said, you're a long time dead. I didn't go to France '98 so this is my first major.

The fanzone's will be amazing, so if that's all I can get them fair enough, but I'm desperate for a ticket for at least one game.

Fingers crossed at noon I get lucky!

4 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

You think they'll drop to 6? I think that's maybe a little far. It wouldn't massively surprise me if they drop to 8 though. I'm not completely convinced I'd pay £600 each for two. It's something I'll need to give some serious thought to if we reach Tuesday and there are still some available. I probably would if it's all we're getting. If I could get two Cat 1's for the other games I might not take Germany. I'm not expecting to though.

If you strike out I'd get straight on the lottery if you haven't already, and think about a gamble on R16.

10 minutes ago, Div said:

I initially laughed at the idea of paying 400 or 600 Euros to watch one game of football I'm coming round to the idea of "f**k it".

As someone said, you're a long time dead. I didn't go to France '98 so this is my first major.

The fanzone's will be amazing, so if that's all I can get them fair enough, but I'm desperate for a ticket for at least one game.

Fingers crossed at noon I get lucky!

I tend to agree with this. In isolation the cost of tickets, particularly for the opening game, is scandalous. If you're going with people to make lifetime memories though and you're spending hundreds / thousands to go anyway, then I think the extra few hundred is something you can rationalise over time.

I was in France in 98 and was at the opening game. It's an experience I'd love to give my son. If it costs me £1,200 + flights and travel, so be it, especially if in and out in a couple of days. Like I said, if I could get tickets for one of the other games instead though I may not pay £1,200 even if I got the opportunity.

2 minutes ago, lubo_blaha said:

For the benefit of those of us who don't "Twitter" that all it says? That's about 1,000 more than I expected at this stage. I wonder if there are a few 12 pointers who don't want to travel abroad or a few eligible who are waiting on lower points mates / family to buy together.

Just now, welshbairn said:

If you strike out I'd get straight on the lottery if you haven't already, and think about a gamble on R16.

I've already applied for Cat 1 for all three group games on the lottery. I've not applied beyond that. I'm not particularly interested in a non Scotland game and there's obviously no guarantee which R16 game you'd even be in.

7 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Going to be a long 6 months. 

Will happily give up watching HIbs in Europe next season (if we qualify) for this. 

Or you could have two European adventures!!

It's a brave new world. This time yesterday I had no tickets for the Euros, now I have 3. Anything is possible if you just dream! (And have at least 12 loyalty points along with a very fast internet connection.)

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

For the benefit of those of us who don't "Twitter" that all it says? That's about 1,000 more than I expected at this stage. I wonder if there are a few 12 pointers who don't want to travel abroad or a few eligible who are waiting on lower points mates / family to buy together.

Germany - Approx. 3500 Standard Tickets- CAT 1, CAT 2 & CAT 3 Remaining. 20 Wheelchair Bays

Switzerland - Approx. 3500 Standard Tickets - CAT 1 & CAT 2 Remaining. 10 Wheelchair Bays 8 Easy Access Tickets

Hungary - Approx. 3500 Standard Tickets- CAT 1, CAT 2 & CAT 3 Remaining. 16 Wheelchair Bays 7 Easy Access Tickets

That's all it says.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not particularly interested in a non Scotland game and there's obviously no guarantee which R16 game you'd even be in.

No, but you can narrow it down and very likely sell back the ones you don't want on the resale hub.